Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by blessedlady2 Tue Nov 22 2016, 16:38

I love this part of the forum. I like seeing what everyone eats. Today we start preparing for Thanksgiving. We shoot up our ham with Brown sugar, honey and mustard all mixed together and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of days. We will make a glaze with more of this mixture when we bake the ham. We also will bake the cornbread and make mini pecan pies. Tomorrow we make sweet potato casserole with praline topping, crawfish cornbread dressing and green bean and artichoke casserole. Thursday we just have to throw it all in the oven and make a potato salad and eat like royalty.
Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to all.
blessedlady2
blessedlady2

Back to top Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by Tookie Tue Nov 22 2016, 18:02

Oh My GOSH that sounds sooo delicious!!! thumbs up  You just HAVE to take pictures

Preferably of the whole process, drooling but the end results is ok too.  

The thing we want to learn the most right now, is how to make other dough, - less gloopy - starting from what we DO know. We know how to make our bread. We do that with a box of Semper white mix, which consist of washed wheat, which makes it officially gluten free flour. 
We like it's taste better, we can't really get used to tastes like buckwheat for bread. 

Now we wanna make a little less gloopy dough, that would be good as pizza dough, or apple pie.  But we definitely need to know what to do differently
We've only just started being sure of ourselves with making the bread, and what yeast to use etc. 
But maybe some of you have good dough knowledge?  cooking
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Tue Nov 22 2016, 18:39

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 6 6d3936fe3da63ea73e0295eb44db6482
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by baw815 Tue Nov 22 2016, 21:27

Is that JJenks swilling at the Spa again?   ghehe
baw815
baw815

Back to top Go down

Post by annaquinn Tue Nov 22 2016, 22:19

For Thanksgiving I am trying a new dessert recipe - Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake - more like a mousse - no flour of any sort - it is much easier than my usual Ginger Streusel Pumpkin Pie
annaquinn
annaquinn

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Wed Nov 23 2016, 01:14

OMG the cherry dump cake is so so so delicious!!
I definitely recommend to everyone ~
It is my new easy peasy go to dessert
Thanks Spots!!!

Also, for the recipes for chicken and dumplings.
You would think a southern gal like me would be able to make it
but I try and try and FAIL!  lol
I am going to try both recipes in the near future and hope that I can make it right.
Pray for me lol  Thanks spots and LDCrow :)))
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Sat Nov 26 2016, 20:05

Lea, you can use your left-over turkey in the recipe instead of raw chicken, it should work fine, and doesn't take as long to cook.  I've done both ways, cooked and raw, and it came out good either way.  Glad you liked the cake, and yes, it's so easy!  I've got a recipe for a chocolate cream pie I make every Thanksgiving that's easy, if anyone's interested.  Am looking for good, easy cookie recipes that can be made in big batches, if anyone has a favorite and wants to share!
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Sat Nov 26 2016, 20:30

Favorite left over turkey recipe?  Fajitas!
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by LDCrow Sat Nov 26 2016, 21:06

Favorite leftover turkey recipe: turkey tetrazzine!
LDCrow
LDCrow

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Nov 26 2016, 21:18

My favorite leftover turkey recipe... Turkey Enchilladas 
cooking tasting hungry drooling  
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by agronomistPete Sat Nov 26 2016, 22:18

GuineaUp wrote:
Hey neighbor.. um.. mind if I drop by..say around dinner time?  RUN
agronomistPete
agronomistPete

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Sat Nov 26 2016, 23:16

whahahaha

That's quite the farm wife, there Pete pchaha.  American Gothic gets it's sexy back!Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 6 175907b67fcdfc715d83a8888edb0d92
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Nov 26 2016, 23:46

agronomistPete wrote:
GuineaUp wrote:
Hey neighbor.. um.. mind if I drop by..say around dinner time?  RUN
Wassa matter there Petey... the new lil wifey doesn't cook for you??? Eek
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshineaz Sun Nov 27 2016, 01:50

I love to make turkey burros (same idea as the enchiladas but with flour tortillas and a different type of sauce).  This year, we were sick so no turkey left overs as I didn't feel up to making the turkey.  I had made a bunch of the other items, so we made do with those, lol.
sunshineaz
sunshineaz

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshineaz Sun Nov 27 2016, 02:05

Tookie, I tend to not eat a bunch of flour as it upsets me a bit.  I have made some pies without a crust and I really don't miss it much.  Pumpkin is good without a crust as it is pretty firm, but on apple, dish it up like a cobbler or such.  Pretty good that way too.  You can use gluten free cookies and make a crushed cookie type (think of graham cracker crust style) of crust too.  Another option is a nut crust using crushed nuts and almond flour.  Different textures, but each has it's advantages.

nut crust:  Use 3/4 cup ground nuts like pistachios, 3/4 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, 3 TBSP soft butter or vegetable oil, 2 TBSP of maple syrup or other sweetener.
sunshineaz
sunshineaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum