sglick = zensioux

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sglick = zensioux Empty sglick = zensioux

Post by zensioux Thu Jan 05 2017, 17:16

Hi everyone! I finally got around to registering. I tried registering as sglick so you'all would recognize me, but for some reason I could not. thud thud thud So I am using my alter ego name. My RL name is Susan. When I was in a high school art class. We had a discussion that a name can be any group of letter and then you can say that the letters spell whatever you want it to sound like. Anyway, a friend came up with the spell of Susan as Siouxzen. I have used this spelling off & on ever since. Currently when I sign my painting. I sign them with just Siouxzen.

I always have been intrigued with Native Americans. I like the fanciful idealization of a culture who harmoniously lives together with deep devotion with the Creator - God. I really liked the spelling of mt name with Sioux in it. 

When I went to college and studied Native Americans. I learned that Sioux is actually disrespectful towards the Lakota people. I forget which tribe Sioux is from - Creek maybe. The Sioux was used by this tribe. This tribe worked for the white man and when ever the tribe referred to the Lakota. They called them Sioux. What the were really saying to the White men was - That group of people (Lakota) are enemies of the People (them).

I was heart broken to find out that the name that I loved was so disrespectful.

Also when I was in college, I was nicked named Zen. Over the years, I learned that Zen in very simple terms means "To be one with". In other words to understand something or someone so well that ones energy merges with the other. 

When I put these 2 concepts togeather. My name becomes To be one with ones enemies. At first, I did not like it and rejected this concept. I did not want to be that close to my enemies.

As I have developed my spirituality, my spiritual organization's teachings that encompasses the major teachings of all religions since we think that the origin of all humankind & religions is one. These teachings has taught me to harmonize with everything. I like this! It also has emphasis harmonizing with opposite energies which includes ones enemies. 

So now I LOVE the spelling of Siouxzen as my name. I Love the concept that the power of name means to become one with my enemies.Over the last few years whenever I have tried to use Siouxzen, it has already been taken, but Zensioux would be accepted which indicated to me that I am and need to continue to lead with the harmonization with enimies and to to lead with conflict. 

I think this is the sceret to World Peace. When we each strive to harmonize with our enemies - anyone that we do not disagree with.

This tale brings me to why I have been reluctant to joining this forum. I am not interested in belittling or criticizing others. I am interested in nurturing and strengthening the friendships that I have developed over the last 5 or 6 years & to develop friendships with the newer players. I want to have fun & share in laughter.

Have a happy day full of sunshine and smiles. Grin heart
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

sglick = zensioux Empty Re: sglick = zensioux

Post by puppiesnponies Thu Jan 05 2017, 17:33

Hi dog lick
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Jan 05 2017, 17:35

Hi @zensioux / sglick! plane 
Glad you joined us! clap clap
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Thu Jan 05 2017, 17:51

Welcome @zensioux  / sglick
We are very happy to hear from you after such a long time. Wow, you chose a very different & interesting branch of education. Studying of different races/peoples is something I like too. You get to appreciate the diversity & give respect to other people's though even if they are contradicting yours. Congrats & welcome once again.
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Jan 05 2017, 17:52

I'm happy you came! Lots of happy pillow fights going on here!  pillow fight
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Thu Jan 05 2017, 18:07

Welcome- nice to meet you
I hope you enjoy it here  flowerkiss
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2017, 18:14

kissy Happy to see you here Sglick

If you want we can try to change your name  Yup

And thank you for sharing your story with us  red smile

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Thu Jan 05 2017, 18:38

Hi Sglick  Hi Welcome! I hope you will like it here.
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by hatzeva Thu Jan 05 2017, 20:06

So happy to see you   dancing
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Thu Jan 05 2017, 21:18

Hi my to my twisted sis!!! NodYes I'm glad you made it!!!! heartbeat
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by farmerumf Fri Jan 06 2017, 00:44

Glad you made it here.     Hi     FW
farmerumf
farmerumf

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Fri Jan 06 2017, 04:30

Thanks everyone! Just let you know tomorrow I'm going to CA (again) for 2 nights/ 3 days for a Monthly Ceremony. This will be the 3rd year in a row that I have gotten to go. It really helps me set my New Year's resolution which have become so important to me.

Today, I spent all day at the Emergency room & I still haven't packed & it's 2 hours past my bed time. The reason I was at the ER was because my Lady did not seem like herself - lathargic. They took her BP & it was low. It turned out to be an UTI which the Dr suggested it was with in the 1st 5 minutes, but it took 6 hours for them to confirm it & rule everything else out especially since she had another fall on1-1-2017. No bones were broken this time. She fell over a trash can that the care giver had out of place to make her life easier, but was unexpected for a Lady with deminsia. ERRRRR! not happy, but life goes on. 

Then on 1-3 we had her This Is Your Life party & her 78 Birthday party. Everything came togeather smoothly & lots of people showed up including her Brother & SIL. Plus, her BIL & his wife. The BIL is from her marriage from 1960 - 1963 when her husband died in an Air Force training accident.In addition, about 10 people from Sukyo Mahikari came. There was a PowerPoint presentation of photos of her & many good stories were told about her.
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsishot Fri Jan 06 2017, 12:57

Welcome!!! Glad to learn something new from your introduction. It's something we all need to do. Learn new things, ways of thinking. Open minds are important.
pepsishot
pepsishot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2017, 13:02

Sorry to hear about the Lady Sglick, hope she makes a good recovery  Yup

Hope you will have a wonderful time on your trip to CA  red smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Fri Jan 06 2017, 17:51

So glad you joined us. I enjoyed reading your journey on your name..   hiya
welcome