Crafting an Artisan Craft

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crafting an Artisan Craft Empty Crafting an Artisan Craft

Post by Mooboy Thu Jan 19 2017, 12:15

Hi Fellow Farmers

I was wondering does any of you bother to craft things from artisan village, such as CAC, PJ, MOS, ZAB, Easter Marmalade, Spring Wreath etc

Firstly many of Crafts in my markets have gone up in price fairly quickly now. It gotten to point it cost more to Craft these to sell to the Market. Meaning it cost more to make that what you can sell them for in terms of selling Products, Fruits and Crops seperately in the markets.

Also seem to be much less farmers putting these items for sell in the markets. Just wondering if this is also happening in your Market too ??

Also i had a rethink on my farming strategy as it seem not much point of gaining Sugar, Salt, Wires, Herbals or Mandrakes now as Drop Items.

As it seems we are better off selling Fruits,Crops and Animals or Animal Feeds in the markets to make CC. As any profits made that we can purchase things like CAC, PJ, MOS etc

There is only few handful left that can be crafted for bit a profit, but it is worth the hassle. But Some of them like CAC cannot do without during Crop Events or Stocking up on Crops....

Just Curious do any of you still do lots of crafting, sometimes or not bother anymore ?? thud Hug
Mooboy
Mooboy

Back to top Go down

Crafting an Artisan Craft Empty Re: Crafting an Artisan Craft

Post by mindy1701 Thu Jan 19 2017, 13:18

Hi Mooboy,

I still do some crafting, but now it's mainly for my own use (CAC, ZAB, terror bouquet).  When I first started crafting I told myself I'd never buy what I could make.  That idea has changed.  Now Vial of Growth (at 20K) and numerous other items are cheaper to buy than make. 

When prices spike high enough for me, I might even sell a few items - but that's only when I feel like gambling.  Never found craft items to be reliable sellers.
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Jan 19 2017, 13:57

As I always had plenty of ingredients for making CAC for instance, I usually do. And these days, with an event, the prices are ridiculous, which is great when it comes to selling them. 

I don't make much else. some basic product making going on in the alchemist to level it up to 5, and some punch making going on too, as that's useful for baha, but not much else.
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19 2017, 13:59

Some crafts are still good enough to make, like Spring Wreath.
It sells for 250-300k and costs between 150-200k to make so I get a profit on it.
CAC  also is still profitable, and indeed the TB too.

Once in a while I recalculate the costs to make it, this is from some months ago and does heavily depend on your market

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Jan 19 2017, 15:10

I've only been making CAC, Pineapple Cakes, MOS and a few Alchemist products lately. 

I try to grow what I need so I rarely buy the ingredients, but even if I can buy the finished product cheaper than the total ingredients are worth... I still feel like I'm better off making what I need from what I have stocked in my barn rather than watching my CC total go down lol. My pantry is full of products I don't use or need (time for a spring cleaning) but I don't really bother trying to sell that many artisan products very often because more often than not they just end up back in the pantry a week later losing money  . 

I too always like to sell some CAC when the prices spike for the grow and throw events and I know I can make some quick CCoinage  making money  .
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Thu Jan 19 2017, 16:59

This farm's artisan park has been shut down for years.  It is probably one of the few farms in the game that leveled up two crafts to level three only making the base products.  

The pantry is full of many of the finished products.  The last I reviewed the products and prices I found all but maybe two were just a complete waste.

If one enjoys making them and does not wish to sell the ingredients then I hope they are happy.

As far as investing in them I have found a little hope.  With most, one must wait  a long while before attempting to sell.

I see no sense in making them.  For a while now, this farm buys some of the products only to waste the makers efforts and use up their ingredients.  Use it one time to pay for itself then throw it away and get another one.  

I am always trying to find some logical reason for making the products.  Even with CAC and spring wreaths, by the time one has invested in making so many loosing products to get there, it will take forever to recoup the previous total losses from the very few profit items. Each to their own.

Today I'll take .10 for the whole artisan park, no returns.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Jan 19 2017, 17:38

farmer_broke wrote:... For a while now, this farm buys some of the products only to waste the makers efforts and use up their ingredients...
Ouch  cry 1
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19 2017, 17:55

It does depend what you do with it. As a CAC makes for more harvest it makes you gain CC worth of stock. And it does depend on what your own market does.

If you sell a CAC, it should be possible for at least 140k - 10% = 126.000 CC
If you sell the ingredients you could make 123k - 10% = 110.700 CC

Making it for own use is better then to buy it for own use, thats just silly.
These are the prices bought on the market and in the seedshop. Hence the 1 time 100 carrots for 300 and the other for 4000.

Traditional chutneySell ingredients
NeededAmountInvest CC.......Gain CC
Water1010
Tomatoes100324013000
Mushrooms100980027000
Carrots1003004000
Sugar300
Carrot-apple Chutney
Carrots10040004000
Apples1030003000
Hazelnuts1002940036000
Onions1003250036000
Sugar400
Total82250123000
As per above example you can make at least 13.500 CC per day, if you make a CAC to sell instead of selling the ingredients. Almost 5 million free CC a year there  giggle
Or save at least 10k a day if you make a CAC instead of buying them.

Also, a CAC should be used to make a profitable endeavour. Say for a day I grow 3 rounds of blueberries. Even if a CAC costs me 150k it makes up for the extra crop yield, worth 650k.
Same goes when I use it for event crops, my morning harvest is normal crops for drops, and I use Onions or Hazelnuts for that. On that one morning harvest I get at least 200k worth of extra crops with a CAC, so it is paid already in the first 1 minute.

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Thu Jan 19 2017, 19:14

IF I needed a CAC I would make it myself. Everything else I don't really do and I only have the confectionery at level 5. 

Long time ago I was racing Mir on baha and I used to make lots of MOS and red punch to try and keep her away from me and that's about it in the spa. I also made EM back then. No need for that now as I am not chasing ep/tep. 

So Mooboy, no I don't make anything. And haven't there been lots of discussions during time which always ended up with the same conclusion - Not worth it? (for most of them - that's how I recall it anyway)
Yes, they have gone up and some a lot, but so have the crops and the animals and the products and the tree fruit and and and  giggle

I wonder what will happen if BP took away or lowered the rate of droppings significantly of sugar and all that needed stuff we get that way ....
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19 2017, 19:22

There ya go one for Spring wreath too. Also again depending on your market, but I do make CC on them still. Say one wreath every 2 days.

234k for selling the ingredients - 10% = 210.600 CC
Selling my wreaths at 285 at minimal (often around 300k) - 10% = 256.500 CC

So again, selling the craft item makes more, in this case 45.900 CC more
And todays prices where pretty high for the products used in the recipe. I can easily shave some 10-20k off. So making 60k on one single wreath is not far fetched.

Flower wreathSell ingredients
NeededAmountInvest CC.......Gain CC
Manure103030
Cornflowers100387911900
Lily of the valley100750017000
Paint palette54000040000
Down-feathers53000030000
Guano53500035000
Floral wire400
Spring wreath
Lily of the valley100750017000
Gerbera100435010000
Daffodils1002550038000
Roses1001000010000
Angora wool52500025000
Floral wire500
Total188759233900
Also for both craft items here, none of the ingredients are crossing over. So there is no problem to keep up with them. No low crop stocks as I just buy the products on the market and the crops in the seedshop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooboy Fri Jan 20 2017, 13:55

Thanks for the Spreedsheets for Spring wreath and Carrot apple chutney. As i have a Country Doodles cloud row that gives me an CAC every 48 hours.

As i do not use CAC all the time when i do use CAC i try to use it with pinkie pie pie to get more value out of them by 30%

As sleepy pointed out that we can get cost of CAC back from reaping of Crops, The Cost effective way is grow long time crops that selling for good CC. Then eat an CAC just before harvesting the crops. 

If the long time crops happens to be a vegetable crop you can make more effective using cloud row party ticket magic stalk that give +1 on Veg Crops Bring total to 5 per 1x1 field

Growing refined veg crops while CAC is active is best way for me to reap in loads of CC. This CC Making Tactic never fails me. At the moment i am growing Bats, Dogs and Peacocks as Frog Feed is selling as high as Frogs not cost effective to grow Frogs. As i do not have huge amount of Coloured Pens !!

But on my market Roasted Garlic Olive Pesto (RGOP) sells for more than CAC, plus cost bit cheaper to produce too. Sleepy if it not much trouble to do spreedsheet for this too.

Also wonder does any one Craft or Buy Easter Marmalade (EM) as they are much cheaper to Craft and Buy compared to Spring Wreaths !! Which Gives same buff of 30% EP on everything harvested. 

One thing about buying these Crafts in the markets it save us growing Crops in our fields, plus it takes too long to grow Products such as ostrich eggs, paint pallets etc also takes too long to grow fruits as these are two things you cannot buy from the Stores !! But have to buy them from the markets but prices of these seem to be on the up now !!

The Craft listings on my market seem to be climbing quickly now. Now i started to notice some of them have sold out like Valentine Pots. It seem to be push us to buy more products from the markets that itself will push up product prices too
Mooboy
Mooboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Fri Jan 20 2017, 14:10

EM is one of the items I sell when the prices are high enough to suit my fancy.  I don't use them, but do sell them.  I used to sell a few chocolate syrup, but the prices have been depressed for a while and it's just not worth it.   cooking
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Sat Jan 21 2017, 04:49

I usually only make products in my bakery, confectioner and my spa once in a while I make products in my alchemist to expensive to make anything in florist I can make terror bouquet but I cant keep up with MM crops I need to make them and some of the things you need to make base is to expensive
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Fri Mar 03 2017, 20:08

I know I'm really late to this discussion, but I'll add my two cents since I've been taking notes for a post I have intended on writing about the subject.

I can really only speak for my server, but from what I've seen of other servers the prices seem to be standard across the board. Some servers have a higher inflation than others, but ultimately the prices are stable enough.

There are 85 items in the Crafting Trade tab of the market. Of those 85 craft items I can only confirm that 10 of them make any sort of profit. 13 if we include the items crafted using MM crops, of which the cost cannot truly be determined.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum