HoeDown !

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HoeDown ! - Page 2 Empty Re: HoeDown !

Post by Decree Tue Nov 14 2017, 16:24

I'll do the Home Sweet Home event.

Top 3000 isn't going to happen. Barn doors are closed. The prize isn't good enough.

Just gonna go fishin' instead!!! farmer
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Tue Nov 14 2017, 17:58

I'm going to try and combine both events lol but I'm not going for any top anythings I'm just going to try and get the CRs for both events wish me luck  hmz2 I'm going to need it  giggle
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Tue Nov 14 2017, 18:23

I will watch the Top 1000 donations and see how it shapes up. I've planned for it most of the year with some interruptions due to real life stuff. My barn overcame last year's donation but with this year's twist of not needing to do actually complete the event, it will be interesting to see what happens. My farm can easily match last year's donation but it will depend on if that is enough.  Good luck to all those going for it!

For me....we all talk about barn burners and it is easy to raze your farm to the ground but how long to recover? My farm was in the top 1000 last year and was well enough prepared that the 'loss' didn't interrupt any farming operations. My goal this year was to see if it was possible for me to do it 2 years in a row without total destruction.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Tue Nov 14 2017, 19:22

I believe my farm is ready for participation in the Top 1000, but not sure yet if I want to send it...

EV for the Quilt is worth quite a lot - 250K! And is purchaseable for BBs (someone might empty their poskets - not me!), also tools are allowed for donation this year...don't know how it will turn out. Wooden Mallets are worth 3K and there is a refinement for them! I guess SG sales will be great for BP!

I will go fishing and watch the list and see what happens before I decide.
Good luck to all going! I will root for each and everyone of this forum!  cheer on
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Tue Nov 14 2017, 20:15

Hahaha Parrot feathers are gone from this mkt  Grin
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Tue Nov 14 2017, 20:28

I sold a bunch of parrot feathers for over 5200 CC each...  Eek
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Tue Nov 14 2017, 20:42

Parrot feathers are 5,700k on my market ....but youza peanut butter is 68,500 with only 4 offers left.  Eek
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Tue Nov 14 2017, 21:17

yheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Open up those barns ya cheap farmers .... I know ya got it

And the hooooooooooooeeeeeeee down is almost on

crazy spooky_broke listed 1,000 parrot feathers at 5992.79   yheeeeee haaaaaaa
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by baw815 Tue Nov 14 2017, 22:43

I'm with ya Guinea.  Not sure if I want to do that, but it's not like the other events have taken anywhere near this amount.  It is the harvest hoedown after all.  

Must not be alot of people on my market (21) doing it, parrot feathers are only 3900 to 4700 CCs.  On the market for my new farm (15), it's out of goat milk.    don't know
baw815
baw815

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzy22 Tue Nov 14 2017, 23:27

Hmmm... take part in the Home Sweet Home or set my barn on fire.  Seems both will give the same result.  ZAP broke

Passing on the 'hoe down' and just going out for a little fishing. chase

Good luck to you hoe-downers!  good luck
jazzy22
jazzy22

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Wed Nov 15 2017, 02:07

I did some math/took inventory... and decided I'm gonna do the Home Sweet Home event  girl blush  because I really WANT/NEED that CR, lol. Those 550 X farm level EPs are gonna help me zoom thru leveling up that much faster. And leveling up/getting those new crops keeps me motivated, so... yah, FOCD gets me again. Not even gonna try donating a thing to the HH tho, I don't want to empty my barn THAT much. Plus I don't have the confidence that my barn will recoup from it quick enough so I can stop kicking myself, lol. I might sell some big lots of a few things that are selling well, but we'll see.

I'll be cheering for the farmers that have worked their butts off to fill their barns and go for it tho!   cheer on

Oh and I'm hoping that growing the junks for the event doesn't hinder the drops I'll need for making Deluxe Lures  worry . Lots of goodies I want from that event too. Gimme Gimme Gimme lol  shopping
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Wed Nov 15 2017, 02:48

GuineaUp wrote:I sold a bunch of parrot feathers for over 5200 CC each...  Eek
There are farmers who are unprepared for this type of event.  The spooky_broke farm sold four lots of 1000 parrot feathers a week ago at over 4,200 .  THAT price is rediculous.  I would say anyone paying such amounts knows little and/or has no time but ccs available to buy wildly.  

The basics of any type of donation include the exchange value (or barn value as some call it).  Please follow this:

ACTION TO TAKE PLACE:  One is to buy something in order to donate.

All donateeable goods have an exchange value.
Donations are often based on EV (although sometimes a specific quantity is called for).
One wants to pay the LEAST amount possible per EV point.
By charging 5,200 a parrot feather then one is paying 5,200 / 1864 (The EV) or 2.79 ea. pt.
BUT
One is able to buy tree fruit today for 2 and under per point <------------

(Glance through the Investment for Tookie thread and one will see that we were paying less than one per point about five months ago.)

Would you rather pay 2.79 or 2 or even less per point?  

Why would one pay the crazy amounts asked for?  Quantity desired or timing or lack of preparation or some combination of them all

(I know to pay no more than 2 for parrot feathers, milk a little higher, crops -- one can get many for under 3, breeding animals one can find for under 7 ......

Want to pay at a rate of 50?  Not too strategic but one can find it.

The requirements are not nearly as bad as they first appear.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Wed Nov 15 2017, 03:27

I'm slowly wrapping my fog laden brain around all the EV advice/info/knowledge you Market Sharks have so generously shared with us. I'm still not all that confident "working" the market (and I may never be), but what I have learned from you guys definitely helps me buy and sell a little wiser... even when I'm desperate for the item or the CCs.   thank you

You listed several reasons why a farmer would pay 5200 CC (or higher!) for a parrot feather broke, but ya left out 1 or 2 in particular that pertain to IQ  who's there  . Maybe you were just being polite  ghehe
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Wed Nov 15 2017, 05:29

@GuineaUp

When farmers get desperate for an item some will pay exorbitant prices.  Those who understand and use even a small part of EV analysis are waiting to sell.  They have used EVs in their search to buy cheaply and they begin to trust in their knowledge of how it works.  

By the number of igms received and the nature of questions asked, I can clearly see that some are getting it.  And when the light goes on  light bulb, I know they do not need my answers for basics any longer.  At that point one is going on their own in their own direction and at their own speed.  

Just get the very very very basic of EV analysis and you will grow at your own speed.  There is so much beauty in watching as people grow using EV analysis.  And it is sad to watch those who stubbornly refuse to try and do so poorly when efficiency is so very easy here ... but up to them.

Now we'll see if the spooky_broke farm is ready this  year. (It sent Mentor Brookeham a spring wreath moments ago.  3000 ...... naaaahhhh ,   2000 ..... no ,   TOP 1000 ..... Mentor Brookeham's old chickadee MUST finish in TOP 1000 or it needs to play for a while on the farm and not embarrass her.  She must have a SECOND chickadee to finish decently while other mentors must hope for a chick that graduates.    flowerkiss ROFL  )
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Wed Nov 15 2017, 07:39

I am so terribly proud of my all grown up chickadee spooky_brokefallinghearts I have full confidence you will soar... plane to the Top 1000!!!!  win NodYes

I'm going for the CR!!!! I have never missed a CR....ever!!! I also adore the fishing game!

I don't prepare for Hoedowns ....except to always try to keep a high level of everything in my barn. My goal is always to have at least 1k of every product(some are more than 5k) and crops(over 11k) and animals(over 500 of basic, 4k of breeders....11k of baha breeders).Trees on mainland 9.5k and baha at 11.5k

I recently passed my goal of 200 million cc's. Now I'm almost at 225mill.  cheer on So maybe it's time for a new goal of 300 million? I'm going to see if I can sell at the high of the market.

Great luck to all those going for Top 3000, 2,000 and 1,000!!!! good luck   happy wave love shower star colors
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top