Pnp

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pnp - Page 8 Empty Re: Pnp

Post by puppiesnponies Wed Oct 18 2017, 22:55

I'm home from the Doctor's. MRI results show a lot of inflammation in my shoulder, arthritis, bone spurs and a torn tendon in my bicep. I had to wait over an hour and half to be seen only to be told by the Physician Assistant that the Dr has to read the MRI and make a recommendation as she cannot suggest surgery. thud Ummmmm.....why did I have an appointment to review MRI with no Dr available? Next appointment available is 3 weeks away or can go to a different location in 2 weeks but be prepared to wait even longer. doh They have no patience, understanding or compassion that chronic pain means waiting room chairs are torture chambers. I'm short so my feet just dangle. I asked about pain meds because last Thursday pain was so bad I was willing to go to ER for help. No pain meds allowed.Just use ice and over the counter anti-inflammatory like Advil.

I'm tired, hurting, aggravated, irritable, and a bit teary right now. I will be going to bed early to hide. Already in Pj's and have a cup of hot tea. coco tea

Bring on Gift and Trade! That is my most favorite event and I am looking forward to Friday!
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Wed Oct 18 2017, 23:17

awwww I'm so sorry you are feeling so horrible pups I really hope you start feeling better, dumb doctors  panic I hope they get you all sorted out  heart heart heart bear hug bear hug
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by baw815 Wed Oct 18 2017, 23:34

there there   feel better   feel better   dog lick

I am so sorry PnP.  I can definitely relate to the pain thingy.  If you need to talk or just vent, I get that too, PM me.    heart
baw815
baw815

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Oct 19 2017, 01:26

I'm sorry I haven't been there to catch ya in our talks, but had a rough few days myself. Will catch up with ya soon! 

love & gentle hugglez!
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Thu Oct 19 2017, 01:55

Thank you Marly, baw and Tookie. group hug

baw- I'm sorry you also deal with pain Hug bear hug Thank you for being willing to chat PM. I will offer that to you as well. red smile

Tookie - never be sorry! I know you are having a tough time too. cat cuddle heart

I hope all who had a bad day today have a better one tomorrow dog lick bear hug group hug
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Thu Oct 19 2017, 02:26

pnp - I'm so sorry that no Doctor was available to go over your MRI results!!! That's just unacceptable! Arthritis...bone spurs, torn tendon in your bicep??? Did they give you any answers about these??? I would ask(very nicely) for a copy and take to another Doctor. You need to see a rhumatologist about the arthritis. Please ask about biologics.They can greatly reduce the progression and inflammation of arthritis.
I hope you feel better and get some rest. There is help out there and you will find it. I'm praying for some instant relief. heart
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Thu Oct 19 2017, 04:22

I also know pain to well and I am also here for you to talk if needed or want and I am here for ANYONE who needs to talk or just needs an ear to listen huuugggsss to you pups and everyone  heart heart fallinghearts group hug dog lick
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Thu Oct 19 2017, 04:25

Hugs, prayers and blessings Pnp! bear hug heart
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Thu Oct 19 2017, 10:58

Thank you Brooke,Marly and Willow group hug

Brooke- I already see a rheumatologist (have seen her for 10 years) but I have not been able to tolerate any medication she suggests. I have no confidence she will have any new answers just because I've added a new place for arthritis. I don't know what biologics are but will ask if I can remember.

No answers from the appointment yesterday. Have to wait to see the Dr. I'm going to see about changing Dr today.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Oct 19 2017, 13:54

Biologics are the (newer) kinds of medication that are tailored to our bodies, and made of human/other biological things. (mouse genes for instance) instead of chemical reproductions of a plant based ingredient. (simplistic explanation...i'm extremely tired) 
Usually the body reacts way better to a biological, than to a chemical medication, but they bio's are more expensive, and therefor they go to that way too late.... they first try everything else. 
and even then one has to ask for them. 

My Humira-®️ is a biological. The stuff inside is called Adalimumab
And there are newer ones available than Humira. It really might help!
I eventually got them, after I was allergic to everything else and/or nothing helped.
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Thu Oct 19 2017, 14:16

Thank you for the explanation. Dr has never suggested Humira. I wonder if it is only for specific kinds of pain...will have to look it up in a bit.

Just looked it up and I don't have any of the conditions it is used for.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Oct 19 2017, 20:36

Inflamation.  It's a immune over-response blocker. You really need to find a better doctor who's willing to subscribe it, (or send em to me so i can whack them on the head until they do...) or talk to your insurer first that you think it might solve a lot for you and if they're willing to fund a trial with it or something... Some people have enough with one pen a month, being about 560 euro's here. 
All in all... for bringing down inflammation and pain... they might be willing if there is a possibility they will in the end be paying less... (at least it helps HERE, if you put that carrot in front of them sometimes) Just call them, and be interested.... something like that ;-)

If it weren't medication that needs to stay cool I'd send you the darn pen! I've got plenty saved up. I occasionally skip, so... dangit that I'm SO far away.  cry 2

Of course we wouldn't do it without docs advice, but still. argh.  there there
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Thu Oct 19 2017, 20:42

Thank you for more information. I will look into it and see what I can do. I'm ready to feel better! Hug
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Oct 19 2017, 21:23

Hug red smile
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by baw815 Fri Oct 20 2017, 00:00

PnP, the first biologic they might suggest is Enbrel.  It has the least side effects.  I was given that, got my medication free for a year from the Encourage Foundation (I believe it is called something else now, found it Amgen Safety Net Foundation), from the makers of Enbrel.  I found it to be slightly better than prednisone, did nothing compared to methotrexate.  Just my two cents, and everyone is different.  

Not trying to give you information overload, but we do want to inform you if your butthead Dr.'s don't.    
baw815
baw815

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum