Market exchange

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Market exchange - Page 16 Empty Re: Market exchange

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2017, 00:19

OK, so now for the last 2 hours I emptied the applejam market, and posted cheap offers. Bought some cheaper offers myself to get the price going down.

Suggested price: 1510 CC.
Same as the FAQ EV

It did not go down 1 cent, stays just fine at 1510 CC as suggested price. So it seems that the PPP is not alone there. So I hold my point of view for now that the FAQ is showing the EV in the charts and the Devs just did not set the minimum price for the rest that do drop below the EV.

As it does work for other items like manure too, that is set at 3 CC eventhough the market is stable below that for 2 days now.

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Tue Jan 17 2017, 01:01

I did the exact same thing when I first began and I was really laughed at.  I hate to admit it but I must:  Today, after three years I still hold 1,684 apple jam as a constant reminder of how really foolish I was while learning in the beginning.  

The craft market moves very very slowly and is very low in volume sales (knowledge of that market comes into play).  Yes, apples have increased in value and are low ep trees.  

After three years I am just beginning to sell a few every week at a profit.

EV analysis helps to avoid that kind of purchase and attempted immediate resale    

The EV and the items always remain the same.  The market prices is what changes and that changes the ratio. 

There is no get rich scheme in the game (well pheromones were but it took a year and cuckoos are but it takes time but one could see them growing)  One can see them growing in price by taking the market values again whenever convenient (this is a game and one has other things to do).  Every week or two weeks one takes the market of say tree fruit.  Puts the number into their spread sheet.  Computes a new ratio for all (the spread sheet does the work).  

If one looks at the ratios only then one will see patterns begin to emerge:

up up up up up down down, same same same up up up up up up up  (an upward movement)

same same same same same down same slightly up   (what is happening in the game?)

take roses:  the rate stayed the same for a long long long time.  Other flower's ratio's as well and many other items moved upward.  Roses get further and further out of balance with the rest.  

BP must do something!  But when?  We can see the item is drastically too low in comparison to others however we would look at it.  When and How?  I saw the rose ratio was too low and I slowly purhased 1.2 million roses. 

But my funds are sunk and I need an income source.  
But the investment is good and I see it!
I need ccs!
I'm broke again!
(So I take profits from somewhere but hold my roses.)
I know what I see!
The numbers prove it.  
The more detailed I went the same answers kept surfacing.

BP gives away sweet rose jam on the wheel several times. (that's ep for growers)
BP keeps doing it and the ratio computed for roses remain about the same...low low low
An adjust is obviously coming but ............ but when and how?
(The grapevine gave a little information but not enough for me)

I still hold roses and stop buying.  
Why?
I'm scared now and don't want to risk anymore ccs.

ALL OF A SUDDEN:  the recyclo!  (there is the how) <------------------

But no faqs, only the event calendar.

Uh oh, rate for roses moved up!!!!!!!!!! and a lot!

Faqs come out and the rate moves up even more

ding ding ding ding ding ........ payday time!
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Tue Jan 17 2017, 01:17

After a while you know about what the rate is when you see the price.  
You are already alerted!

So the sale is easy.
Buy whatever I want then:  items for quests or reinvest in something

When the farm began the lettuce ratio was .66 or so.  Today the low is about 21.9 

If the farm had had a billion then and put it all into lettuce AND could sell it all in one day then it would have over 25 billion.

But we cannot buy it all in a single day nor sell it all in a single day

I believe the farm had over 5 million lettuce at one time.  And a chore it was to sell it.

Then went to -0- and now it holds about 150,000 .

Knowledge of the game:

A single lettuce call by an event would drain it all in no time. OR

The hedgehog turning into a breeding animal would do it too!  

BP can affect the entire chain or a single crop or crop class or item at anytime.  

But the likelihood of BP playing with something and has no intended direction is out of the question.  

And it all fits together IF players choose to look at it and for it.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Tue Jan 17 2017, 01:27

Just looked ....  cry 1  Apple jam has no ccs in it again .... down down down lower 

Event is drawing to a close.

Desperation listings on the market from many spending spending spending.

Many basic animal  prices adjusted. (I know because I took profits too.)

And guess what?  There appears to be a shortage of fish and

even worse for many, there appears to be a real shortage of bees. (I see it in bee feed, breeding animal prices  and in tulips used in feed)
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2017, 01:29

For me, at least at this time, your posts go all over the place. It is hard to make a tutorial with the presented information. As it is way to much information that is not really useful for new market players. In my opinion anyway.

For me it is simple now. In due time I will make a chart with all the base EV on it. Not to buy and sell again but for buying only for donation events. As it is cumbersome to go back and forth in the game to know what the value is for an item.

Once sensible buying is settling in also the ups and downs from the market will settle in. As one then should see some patterns. At least sensible buying should also save some CC in the process.

I got my own certain items that I sell for now and expansion of that will come when I relearned the current market. At least 1/3 of the complete market are new items for me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2017, 01:31

The point of my Applejam experiment is to check the FAQ EV to the standard market price. Point was proven for that one, and we already know it for the PPP too.

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Tue Jan 17 2017, 01:40

The most efficient way for harvest hoedown preparation was to compute the EV ratios just as your chart indicates you were on the way to.  Find the lowest ratio.  Use that ratio and multiply it by all other rates to get the buy price and begin buying from there while keeping the buy rate as low as possible and careful not to overspend.

Some tree fruit would be way out of range and no good to buy to give away. 

Farmers kept a revenue source to fund their spending habits ...  again and again  

One also could have grown all tree fruit needed using high cc trees producing high EV tree fruit.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Tue Jan 17 2017, 01:45

@Sleepy

PPP has not reached a rate of 1 on most markets..... yet .  The price is moving upward though. Before profit one must cover the cost of the PPP and the 10% listing price before one market anything.

The break even price is determined by taking the purchase price and dividing by .90 .  Sell PPP for any price beyond that and there is profit and below that there is a loss.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2017, 01:52

This was not about profit, this was pure and simple looking if the values in the Artisan charts on the official forum show the EV or not. And for both the Applejam and PPP it does. Nothing more nothing less, for me anyway  wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2017, 02:00

If one would make a PPP it should sell for at least 300.000 CC to break even only  pchaha

So no, Devs do not always make things that make sense or that they can fix easily

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Tue Jan 17 2017, 02:03

I have a question a little off topic but it is about the market
Weasel... why aren't they moving?  By the time the price gets up there where we can sell for a decent profit, everyone will own them. I don't recall a new animal moving so slowly before :(
I already have many I would like to sell but I cant make any money on them- yet.
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Tue Jan 17 2017, 02:07

The word "value" used in the charts is the suggested market value.  

If that number were the EV we would find the items with EV in our barn.

How this all arose was:

Basic Jelly (used in apple jam) has no value listed in the game charts.

However, in our barns, basic jelly has an exchange value.

For ease in computation I am using the "value" as in the tables.

Yet there is the confirmation that the two are not the same.

I have no idea how this will affect the future or what the intent of developers could have been.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2017, 02:10

@lea Same goes for the new products. As long as no one place them on the market the price will not move.
Only when players start posting them and the get sold above the suggested price it will move up. And when it moves up it only adds 2% every 15 minutes. So it will take many times to get one sold to move it up.

The biggest part of this problem is the low EV and the inflated market prices.
In the old days when most items where sold below the EV (barn values) you would see them going on the market on day one for the highest price. Now, this can take a looooooong time as no one seems crazy enough to help the price up by listing for virtually nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Tue Jan 17 2017, 02:15

@cylentlea123

This farm has one weasel. One farmer listed.  I can sell it for a max of 461.05

The price will not move up until farmers who own the pens have enough that they will take 461.05 for them.  BP also can make the stall more available which generates more animals if they choose.    

So we will all hold them until some begin listing.

Two farmers can begin to manipulate the price on a market for the benefit of all.  They siply buy and sell back and forth each time raising the price and loosing the commission.  The actually are buying and selling the same two animals back and forth.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Tue Jan 17 2017, 02:20

The current market to EV rate in comparison to other is forcing holders of the animal to simply hold the animal.  They will not get a fair return now.

Farmers are producing them slowly and must get sick and tired of holding them in order to sell for little or nothing in comparison to other animals.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top