Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 16 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by Tookie Fri Oct 27 2017, 14:03

Imma coming!!  chase    *dives into blackberry patch*    autumn  (totally forgetting about all the thorns...) 
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 16 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by puppiesnponies Fri Oct 27 2017, 14:26

ghehe

Grandma had blackberry bushes and some favorite time summer treats included blackberry cobbler with homemade vanilla ice cream and making blackberry jam. Grandparents had 330 acre farm and the yard was about 3 or maybe 5 acres (not sure) but it was big enough for big family gatherings.

Blackberry jam remains my favorite and I adore it when sister makes jam and I find a jar in my stocking or under the Christmas tree from Santa drooling I also usually ask for blackberry cobbler instead of birthday cake ghehe
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Fri Oct 27 2017, 14:51

it sounds absolutely delicious!!
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzy22 Fri Oct 27 2017, 16:55

Yum...blackberry jam (my fav. too).   heartbeat

We have raspberry bushes and apple trees.  We used to have two pear trees that gave lovely fruit, but an ice storm took them both down years ago.   cry 1
jazzy22
jazzy22

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Fri Oct 27 2017, 17:05

there there
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Oct 28 2017, 07:18

I am jammer!   tasting I have a blackberrry patch too... when my goats stay out of it, lol.
Old pic I salvaged from my mom... I lost all my recent stuff when my house burned down  bad marks .
Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 16 Pc210010
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Sat Oct 28 2017, 12:18

I've never made jam by myself but have only helped Mom, Grandma or sister. I've never tried the flavors you have shown above but they sound yummy.

I think of you often and how much you have faced not only with the physical recovery but the emotional one too from such a devastating fire. If I had any homemade jam left, I would send it to you.

bear hug
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Oct 28 2017, 13:23

Aww Thanks PnP  Hug your post made me tear up  happy tears  I still cry every day about that whole nightmare. 

My peach mandarin and kiwi pineapple jams were inspired by flavors of a couple juice blends I used to drink, lol. They were experiments, but both turned out really good. Almost too good to be used as jam. 

The himalayan blackberries are the all too common invasive variety that grow all over the Northwest. I have a big patch of them that tries to engulf that back of my garage every year GaaH! (unless my goats get out and "do some pruning" for me lol). Some years I end up berry-less tho, if the goats get out and munch away all the blossoms or young berries  taptap
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Sat Oct 28 2017, 14:12

oooh peach mandarin!!!!! you guys have me drooling here!
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Nov 23 2017, 17:19

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 16 Chill_10

ROFL

Today's menu: Stamppot.  Stamppot spinach with taters and meatloaf, xept it's no loaf, ... 
Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 16 Gehakt-rul-gebakken-150x150 this meat, 

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 16 Stamppot_andijvie_aardappel_rundersaucijs_worst_jus_hollandse_pot this mash.
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Nov 23 2017, 17:22

belly laugh
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Nov 23 2017, 17:28

what are you eating today?  santa tipsy
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Fri Nov 24 2017, 20:20

We tried we something new today, we wanted to spray oil on one, spray water on the second, and nothing on the third... however...

He put water in the bottom of the oven, and 

BOOMMMMM !!

our bread exploded..... all of em. Still smells good though! 

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 16 Brood10

AND still very happy with our cast iron loaf pans. 

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 16 Brood210
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Fri Nov 24 2017, 21:01

Today....leftovers ghehe

Yesterday, there were 16 of us at the Thanksgiving table and for the first time EVER, I did none of it. Twin sister told me to sit down, told me to lie down when pain and nausea were unbearable, told me she would take care of it all. So.... I did and she, her hubby and my hubby made turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans, broccoli, corn, cauliflower, rolls, jello salad, and pies and ice cream for dessert. They did it all from setting the table to dishes and put everything away. She even remembered to make 'to go' plates for those who left early so they would have another meal made.

Even after all the pampering, pain and nausea were so bad I was in bed at 7 pm.
Lots of goodies left so that will be what we nibble on today/tonight.

Though we have wonderful food in the fridge, pain, nausea, and weakness (ok maybe lazy too) means it is too much bother to open all the containers to make a plate to reheat.

I had cereal thud
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Sat Nov 25 2017, 00:02

bear hug  the leftover will still be there. 

And BIG kudos to you for letting others do the work!!! So proud of you! full marks
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum