Series

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Series Empty Series

Post by ThomasZalan Sat Jul 01 2017, 17:53

What series do you watch? Or like? 

My favourite right now is Better Call Saul. Fortunately they (AMC) bought the 4th season! thumbs up
I also finished with The Walking Dead's 7 seasons.
My all time favourite is Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. giggle
ThomasZalan
ThomasZalan

Back to top Go down

Series Empty Re: Series

Post by Tookie Sat Jul 01 2017, 18:17

I'm waiting for the new season of Outlander! 

And I always always love the old star trek Tng, and Voyager, and stargate sg1, and stargate atlantis, and ...

The Flash was nice for the first season..(haven't seen the rest) 
Air Crash Investigation...that's my all-time favorite (cuz it has planes in it...) 
Big bang theory was great, (untill I stopped watching for some reason, binge overdose I think) 

I've not seen Better Call Saul yet.
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasZalan Sat Jul 01 2017, 19:01

Tookie wrote:Big bang theory was great, (untill I stopped watching for some reason, binge overdose I think) 

I've not seen Better Call Saul yet.
It's the prequel of Breaking Bad, so I don't know what's it like without watching BB before.

Yes! I watch BigBang Theory as well. I love the intro music! star colors
After a while it's gets boring. But Sheldon is hilarious! giggle
ThomasZalan
ThomasZalan

Back to top Go down

Post by escalonilla Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:00

I have seen BB but not BCS yet.

I only watch shows that are already finished. I cant deal with the long waiting between seasons.

ATM I am watching Star Trek DS9 and next one will be Rome.
I usually follow the same pattern
- Sci Fi
- Drama
- Comedy

And these ones are on my list for next months

Six Feet Under
Battlestar Galactica
Oz
Deadwood
30 Rock
star trek (next one)

And this is the list for when they are fully finished

narcos
game of thrones
stranger things
shameless
orange is the new black
true detective
house of cards
the walking dead
better call saul
Vikings
Stranger things

escalonilla
escalonilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:15

You really need to add outlander to that list! Not done yet by a long shot but SERIOUSLY worth watching. It has drama, action, comedy and sci fi in it, and it's completely compelling. (i read the books, from Diana Gabaldon)  and the series are amazingly good!)
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasZalan Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:33

Tookie wrote:You really need to add outlander to that list! Not done yet by a long shot but SERIOUSLY worth watching. It has drama, action, comedy and sci fi in it, and it's completely compelling. (i read the books, from Diana Gabaldon)  and the series are amazingly good!)
Really? Drama-action-comedy? Then I will watch it later thinking

escalonilla wrote:I have seen BB but not BCS yet.

I only watch shows that are already finished. I cant deal with the long waiting between seasons.
ATM I am watching Star Trek DS9 and next one will be Rome.
I usually follow the same pattern
- Sci Fi
- Drama
- Comedy

And these ones are on my list for next months
Six Feet Under
Battlestar Galactica
Oz
Deadwood
30 Rock
star trek (next one)

I did the same with BB and HIMYM etc, but this year something happened and I started to watch series which are ongoing. (TWD, BCS) So I have to wait a long time! whahahaha  whistling

I hope in later season of BCS they will show what happened to Walt after he "died" (not certain, maybe doctors rescued in time) in the Nazi's Lab, and what happened with Jesse after that drive away.

I want to watch House of Cards, because "I love politics", interested in it, but I can't understand the politics in English (I think), so maybe when I'll be better in English.  ROFL

Now I started Fargo.
ThomasZalan
ThomasZalan

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjoman Sun Jul 02 2017, 16:03

Gold Rush
Banjoman
Banjoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Mon Jul 03 2017, 17:06

OOH! yes, gold rush!!! I forgot about that one! Waiting for more.... ;-)))   I like both parker and tony beets... silly guys.  clap clap

@ThomasZalan   Please, please write the series names in full. I cannot understand the shortened ones. what is TWD, BCS and BB and HIMYM ??

Outlander is quite intense, and it has some serious violence in it too. But it is part of the story and can't be watched without it, really. Thankfully, it's only a part, that is violent. The action, sci fi, drama, good story... it's wonderful. 

I AM however waiting until the whole season is available. im happy
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasZalan Mon Jul 03 2017, 17:47

Tookie wrote:OOH! yes, gold rush!!! I forgot about that one! Waiting for more.... ;-)))   I like both parker and tony beets... silly guys.  clap clap

@ThomasZalan   Please, please write the series names in full. I cannot understand the shortened ones. what is TWD, BCS and BB and HIMYM ??

Outlander is quite intense, and it has some serious violence in it too. But it is part of the story and can't be watched without it, really. Thankfully, it's only a part, that is violent. The action, sci fi, drama, good story... it's wonderful. 

I AM however waiting until the whole season is available. im happy
BB - Breaking Bad
BCS - Better Call Saul
TWD - The Walking Dead
HIMYM - How I Met Your Mother

Anyone watched Scrubs? Is it really that good and funny? scratch head

@Tookie Are the Holland people and Holland channels "love" Turkish series? In Hungary the two biggest Commercial channels (one of them RTL) like to buy these "cheap" series. Such as Sulejman, Sultana etc, bemused thinking And in other Central-, Eastern European countries like them as well. Are the Western EU?

Amazing. Looked up in the Wiki, and none of W-EU bought Sulejman. And all the Eastern-, Central EU did. Whoa.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l
ThomasZalan
ThomasZalan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Mon Jul 03 2017, 20:17

Thanks!! 

I haven't even got a tv.... I just download a series and watch it on pc. 

Saves me a lot of annoyance about commercial breaks that aren't there!  heart
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Mon Jul 03 2017, 22:38

Watched most startrek ages ago, SG TNG, DS9, Voyager and whatever was the name of the last serie. Also watched all Stargates... And a bunch of other Sci-fi. I don't own a TV either so streaming/download. At the moment I'm in love with crime shows, especially British and Nordic Noir. Vera, Shetland, Hinterland etc

Right now tho I'm binging Masterchef Australia - I hate cooking, and not fond of food. Doesn't stop me from watching giggle

Never seen or heard about any Turkish tv serie, so a bit baffled that it's sold to over the boarders. You learn something everyday. I did stumbled onto a crime show from Switzerland. Was great fun to try to understand German.
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Mon Jul 03 2017, 23:08

I've  really enjoyed the Great British Bake Off and Call the Midwife. I did watch Once Upon a Time but lost interest in it after a while. I watched The Walking Dead with my son and daughter before he left for college but only because it interested them and so we could spend time together but it's really not my thing. I do not like violence nor spattering blood. It gives me nightmares. Recently, I've been watching Lost but at times, I feel lost trying to keep up with the plot as time travel can confuse me. scratch head
Maybe I've gotten old but the days of looking forward to a TV show coming on at a certain time on a certain day that you tried hard to not miss hasn't happened in long time.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Mon Jul 03 2017, 23:42

puppiesnponies wrote:...[]
Maybe I've gotten old but the days of looking forward to a TV show coming on at a certain time on a certain day that you tried hard to not miss hasn't happened in long time.
 I refuse to call myself old, and I know exactly what you mean. Nothing is too good to miss.

There was a TV-series called the 10th kingdom, more of a TV movie with episodes (mini-series). I think you might enjoy it. IMDB The 10th Kingdom
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Tue Jul 04 2017, 00:21

I'm really looking forward to the new mini-season of X-Files.  Production starts this summer, but don't know when it will air - best guess January 2018.
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Mon Jul 10 2017, 10:46

Lessee...loved Stargate, Prison Break (only got to watch the 1st season, and then not all of it because the station switched to digital before anyone had the converters No! Why! ), Downton Abbey.  Not familiar with the more recent series as we don't have TV and can't stream right now (no internet yet, hurry up already new guy who promised cheap internet in our area! GaaH! ), so most of my favorites are oldies or what I can check out at the library, lol.  Air Wolf and MacGyver were two of my favorites as a teen, still like staying in hotel so can watch Spike channel to see Mac reruns  giggle   ).

Tookie, is there a lot of language in Outlander?  I don't consider myself a stick in the mud, but I don't like shows/movies with a bunch of foul language, it tends to stick in my head and then I find myself saying things when I'm mad or upset that I normally wouldn't. whistling

Oh, forgot Criminal Minds, I enjoyed that one too!

Moraine, 10th Kingdom's the one with John Larroquette and the talking dog, right?  I saw that, it's cute.
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum