My city is about to run out of water!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My city is about to run out of water! Empty My city is about to run out of water!

Post by AniE Sun Jan 21 2018, 10:06

This is a nightmare.

Send rain! Looks like the taps will be turned off in April.

"Cape Town is 90 days away from running out of water" - this video is correct, sadly.
http://time.com/5103259/cape-town-water-crisis/?utm_campaign=time&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=time_socialflow_twitter
AniE
AniE

Back to top Go down

My city is about to run out of water! Empty Re: My city is about to run out of water!

Post by Brookeham Tue Jan 23 2018, 01:19

So so so sorry!  cry 1
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

My city is about to run out of water! Empty Re: My city is about to run out of water!

Post by Will*O*Wisp Tue Jan 23 2018, 04:31

Oh my!   Eek
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Tue Jan 23 2018, 12:22

Thoughts and prayers for you heart
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by AniE Tue Jan 23 2018, 18:04

Thanks everyone.

Don't know what's going to happen. Stockpiling water as the shops are getting sold out.

Will start peeing in my garden soon!
AniE
AniE

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Fri Jan 26 2018, 23:57

Ani, do you have a water tank at your home?  That might help a little bit for a while.
As a SA friend reminded me today, there is no Ubuntu when it comes to water.  Their water just came back on - their problem isn't lack of rain but sabotage of the water system.
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by LDCrow Sat Jan 27 2018, 06:03

So scary!  

We went through a huge drought 2008 through 2011 here.  Had to sell off livestock in 2010 and our well ran dry by the end of that year.  We had to drill a new one and go several hundred feet deeper.  So I know how scary it can be.  

I don't however live in a city so I can only imagine just how terrifying that prospect could be.
LDCrow
LDCrow

Back to top Go down

Post by AniE Sat Jan 27 2018, 11:46

Hi Mindy, I do not have a water tank but the complex where I live has a borehole although the City has also put restrictions on boreholes too.
Where does your friend live in SA? 

Our Premier has basically said - if you can leave the city, go now. But how do you do that when your job, home is here? 

LDCrow - sorry about your livestock. I am so glad I don't have pets any more!

It's so weird to be one of those cities where we all need help, and people elsewhere in SA are collecting water for us.

Day Zero (when the water runs out) is now set for 12 April. And dololo (no) sign of rain in these skies for the next few months.
AniE
AniE

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Sat Jan 27 2018, 13:24

Ani, her house is outside a village along the coast in Kwa-zulu Natal.  I don't remember the name of the village.  Will have to ask her next time we talk.  Right now she's having problems with internet service.  When they have it, she says it takes about 15 minutes to pull up a page - but they still have water, as of yesterday.  They had extended water outages throughout your Spring.  Then the Muslim community brought trucks full of water to help out the villages.  I think they certainly saved lives in some of those villages.
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top