Market exchange

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Market exchange - Page 21 Empty Re: Market exchange

Post by meba091 Fri Jan 27 2017, 18:54

Sorry Mir, I did  forgive me But I was actually working. It has been a great week with the kids but now I am very tired. I'm happy there is no school tomorrow.
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Fri Jan 27 2017, 22:10

kissy
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Sat Jan 28 2017, 14:26

Hail Queen Meba !
viking battlecry viking battlecry viking battlecry
I knew ! I knew !
You were on a secret mission. heartbeat 
Glad you conquered the snow & ice.
Welcome back !
viking battlecry viking battlecry viking battlecry 
ghehe
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Sun Jan 29 2017, 16:41

Thanks One Two  Market exchange - Page 21 4072912313

Maybe I should have stayed away a little longer..... I have never spent so many CCs in two days since I came home again.  Market exchange - Page 21 3771020489 I will be broke before I go to bed  Market exchange - Page 21 1768230545 Somebody close that mkt!

And Parrot Feathers have gone beyond EV too  Market exchange - Page 21 1108733084
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mamarae Mon Jan 30 2017, 16:12

@farmer_broke
First I want to thank you for everything you post. I really do enjoy reading them and learning from you.  Yup
I have been working on spreadsheets, for about 2 weeks. I found out that the ones I kept from long ago were the wrong ones, that was a sad day. cry 3 This led to a week of being frustrated and banging my head against the desk frustration to try and unlock my excel knowledge that I know is in my head but I can't quite bring it back to my memory.  thinking
But you made me think and I eventually calmed down calm and considered all you have written lately. And I was able to puzzle some of it out. WhooHoo I'm still hitting a few walls knowing things are possible in excel but unable to remember how to do it. 

I'm grateful you mentioned using the class separations for animals. Never considered that.
I am done with tree fruits(at least the basics) and animals and working on feed. This seems to be giving me the most problems so far. There seems to be no complete list with animals and what the feed requires all in one place. doh So it's slow going. And honestly a bit overwhelming trying to figure out exactly how to go about that, I am trying to link that info to each animal so it's a quick glance. But I think I may have to tackle crops first. And I don't want to. How do you suggest tackling the feed? And I know I need the feed to be able to move to products. At least for what I want   NodYes

Haven't even considered the breeding or crafting areas yet. Those are going to be a challenge.

Also when you are looking at the market price do you look at the newest or highest price? Or something else I haven't considered.
3mamarae
3mamarae

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Mon Jan 30 2017, 17:04

3mamarae wrote:There seems to be no complete list with animals and what the feed requires all in one place. 

Hi mamarae! 

I hope you don't mind me commenting this. The mill is a good place to look to get all information about what the feed requires. All animals and the feed are listed there and then you can find EV for it all in your barn.

Good luck!
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mamarae Mon Jan 30 2017, 17:37

@meba091
I don't mind at all. I am using the Mill just so much clicking Eek  It makes it slower than just a list. I've been searching for an easier way. So I could be lazy about it Yup 
Thank you :)

I should have broken my other post up so it didn't look like I was only asking Broke for help. Oops Sorry
3mamarae
3mamarae

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Mon Jan 30 2017, 18:23

That's okay  :) no worry!

I can understand the wannabe lazy part. big grin  I too think about what is the easiest way and also for future updates from the mkt. and the barn. I always end up doing it alphabetically because both mkt and barn offers sorting by that. If I were to type in the feed and the ingredients today I would do it like this:

Column 1: Ingredients (you can always ad in more information if you want to ie about the animal)

Column 2: Name of the animal

I would do that in the order listed in the mill and then when I am done I will ask Excel to sort Column 2 alphabetically and then go to the barn, sort the same way there and ad EV in the next column. If you do that be sure to check that the first column follows the animal when you sort.

Having it that way you can sort the first column by a specific ingredient and see which feed it is used in and how many required. Let's say you want to see what feed is taking up apples or peaches or whatever - do the sorting and you will only see the feed using that specific crop or tree fruit you searched for. 

That is how I would do it but maybe you want it another way or have other ideas. I would be happy to hearing about your ideas!

I hope you will enjoy and find it fun despite of the not so lazy part of it  :)

About the price. I always look at the newest on the mkt. and type that. If it's a silly price I just snatch the item up and type the next price.
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mamarae Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:14

Oh its definitely fun pwetty . I haven't played with Excel in quite a few years. I'm a bit rusty. But I enjoy it even when I want to be lazy. I wouldn't mess with it if it wasn't fun to me since its a game Grin

For feed so far I have these columns:
Animal 
Ingredients(including how many)
Cost to Buy
Cost to Produce

I'll add in EV later.

I am trying to do Cost to Produce right now. Not going so well. What I am trying to do is get it to calculate how much it costs using the data already there from the trees and crops from the market. I figured out how to pull that data from the other worksheets. Pretty sure I'm doing it the hard way doh And then I ran into a big problem. cry 2 So I don't know if I can actually do it or not.

With the price I've been going back 3 pages to get past all the 1s. I don't think I'll bother with that anymore.
3mamarae
3mamarae

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Mon Jan 30 2017, 21:33

Oh mamarae, I think I know just how you feel and I can't help laughing hahaha and I don't mean any harm but you sound just like me. I have also done it the hard way and still I do because I want to find out what else I can do  Grin and then I just try something hahahaha and sometimes I have hit so many options that I don't know what I did. lol
I have even manged to turn numbers into text! OH nooooo and then the computer wouldn't calculate anything.   pc problems

Yes, you can indeed pull data from other worksheets. But I haven't found out yet how to get the computer to pull data using the same formula but from another column - as in the newest updated mkt prices. I haven't found out how to auto change that and it takes time to write all the formulas for each feed so for now I don't do that  taptap

Maybe some expert in Excel can tell how it can be done? If it's possible.
I borrowed a book about Excel but it doesn't say anything about that. What problem did you run into?
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mamarae Mon Jan 30 2017, 22:04

I never mind causing laughter :big grin:as I am usually the first to laugh at myself. I get into "situations" all the time. I turned my numbers into text just the other day too Nervous . Hahahaha Love the UNDO button

My problem which I realized about 10 in is that beautiful Sort function. I really do love it BUT my problem comes from this. 
We'll take my Chicken feed. Uses 2 wheat. I have the formula set up to multiply 2 times the market price of wheat but if I go to Crops and sort it say alphabetically, my feed which is locked in by cell(apparently) scratch head , doesn't change with the sort. So if I sort by A-Z in crops my Wheat price (on the feed worksheet) is then calculated by my Aubretia price. head bang That is a problem. Because one day I will forget to undo my sort before I save. I know there is a way to do this with out it being such a problem. I just can't seem to get there. Or I just think there is a way.

I do believe we have the same type of problem there there feel better
3mamarae
3mamarae

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Mon Jan 30 2017, 22:39

giggle  Oh nooo! What a mess!  Hug  

I also think there is an easy way to that....I just don't know it...maybe in a year or so I have figured out  giggle  

Yes, it looks like we have the same type of problem  Yup   

Now who said Excel was boring?  hahahaha I have lots of fun looking at the mess I create sometimes  ghehe
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Tue Jan 31 2017, 10:14

3mamarae wrote:
We'll take my Chicken feed. Uses 2 wheat. I have the formula set up to multiply 2 times the market price of wheat but if I go to Crops and sort it say alphabetically, my feed which is locked in by cell(apparently) scratch head , doesn't change with the sort. So if I sort by A-Z in crops my Wheat price (on the feed worksheet) is then calculated by my Aubretia price. head bang
Instead of giving the cell reference to wheat price directly, have excel look it up by using the VLOOKUP function. Make sure to lock down the "search area" with dollar signs, then you can just copy the formula to any feed ingredient that is a crop. Then have another formula for fruits and so on. See small example here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dLigrvdow0NoXyeidPZ_Jtlj8fiRbf2A3POVA3UITEg/edit?usp=sharing

Will have to think a bit more about meba's problem thinking
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Tue Jan 31 2017, 13:49

I don't know if this will help or not but when inputting data to Excel from the farm, I resize the windows for both the farm and Excel spreadsheet so that they are side by side which minimizes some clicking.

I tried to post a screenshot but photobucket keep crashing on me.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mamarae Tue Jan 31 2017, 15:19

@-Mir85-
Thank you I will try that! Don't have much time today or the upcoming days but I'm going to do that as soon as I am able.

@puppiesnponies
Yep I also do that it is very helpful.
3mamarae
3mamarae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top