Peacocks on Parade

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ended Re: Peacocks on Parade

Post by 12ss12 Sat Mar 11 2017, 12:24

broke is going on a shopping spree shopping and is routing out all the vultures. All the best !

I built a PINK PEACOCK PEN.

MARLYMAR,
Congrats on building Pink Peacock Pen.   wow thumbs up

GuineaUp,
 Don't worry you will get your Pink Workshop very soon.
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Sat Mar 11 2017, 13:00

Congratulations to everyone accomplishing their goals for this event whether it is to sell, build or just finish before the PF runs out. dog lick
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Mar 11 2017, 16:19

YaY!!! One Two built a Pink Peacock Pen too!  Congratttttts!dancing

I think I'm just gonna hoard my lonesome Emperor Peacock a while... maybe he will morph into twins? And all of a sudden boards will rain down at the same time too LOL  giggle

I have one last farmload of Peacocks to harvest in a few hours, then they all go back in the barn! I am sooooo done with Peacocks chucked out  Maybe it's cuz I am irritated by all the RL loudmouths that I have screamin' their butts off here all over my ranch from dusk to dawn?!?!? They are lucky they are SO pretty, and that I don't like dark meat. That's all I'm sayin' lol. If they were noisy roosters... they'd be fried chicken  frying
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Sat Mar 11 2017, 18:49

MARLY & 12ss12 - A Huge Congrats on your Pink Peacock pens!!!   cheer on thumbs up

May I join your Pink Peacock Club???? I also just built my 1st Pink Peacock pen!!!  love shower

GuineaUp -  wowYou got an Emperor peacock right out of the gate??? dancing Kudos!!!!

broke - I've also noticed the vultures swooping up the breeding peacocks...but lots of other bred animals are dying on the market.....is it that prices are ridiculously high??? big money
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Mar 11 2017, 20:19

Yep Brooke, I did get an Emperor Peacock out of the 1st batch (132 breedings) that I put in the ol' Loveshackaroo...  rub eyes  I wasn't able to breed another or swoop on one in the market tho, dangit  pc problems

I thought the Joker Peacock was a pretty nice skip too, considering BP is usually very stingy with the skips.

Peacocks on Parade - Page 4 Peacoc10

Congrats on your Pink Peacock pen!!!  cheer on  I love the rainbow and the Peacock sitting on the cloud chase lounge lol  big grin
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Sat Mar 11 2017, 22:50

thanks brookeham congrats to you too heart dancing love shower
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sun Mar 12 2017, 01:57

Brookeham wrote:
broke - I've also noticed the vultures swooping up the breeding peacocks...but lots of other bred animals are dying on the market.....is it that prices are ridiculously high??? big money
Lots of other animals other than peacocks are being bred.  I see the offers dying on the market too ... but as usual.  There is no get rich quick scheme to be played in this game .... I hate to admit it but I would try it if I felt the risk was not so high.  Breeding is enjoyable in the game.  I have found very few who wish to even try using EV analysis with breeding animals. I list a breeding animal at this time but really do not expect them to sell at the prices I do.  But a few do.  Insane!  

I have concluded that if one is seriously entertained with breeding and wishes to breed efficiently one should do one of two things and it is better (as far as efficiency) to do them both:

1.  Begin breeding with base animals (even produce them) 
2.  Maintain a perpetual inventory of what one has in each breeding animal

Shortages of several base animals are beginning to obviously appear.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Sun Mar 12 2017, 02:56

Brookeham wrote:broke - I've also noticed the vultures swooping up the breeding peacocks...but lots of other bred animals are dying on the market.....is it that prices are ridiculously high??? big money

I know that this isn't aimed at me, but I do have a perspective from observation. There is also a correlation between two high demand events which drain barns and CC. Farmers who are not well stocked in both barn inventory and cc tend to have to shift assets around in order to complete events. There were very large spikes in prices for Baha tree fruit which seems to have cost a lot of players a decent chunk of their expendable income.

This is then followed up by a breeding event, which can do the same thing. Needing hundreds and thousands of one animal to complete the event. A lot of farmers spread out their production. They'll buy a pen, a few pens, or maybe even enough to cover one field. This hardly satisfies their needs, especially if they desire to breed towards any Pink Stables. This in turn means these farmers need to spend more cc, cc which they've recently just depleted and have very little of. They then put their barn inventory up for sale at discounted prices in order to raise the funds needed to proceed with their current goals, never really planning ahead, or learning from past events.

As a result there are two observations which can be seen during and after any high donating event. Farmers who produce a large volume of specific, high priority goods, tend to make a lot of cc. They then reinvest these ccs elsewhere, often times in products, so product prices spike as everyone has a new influx of cc. Other items, such as crop prices, tree fruit (not used in events), animals/breeds, all tend to be suppressed as farmers who do not prepare are stuck trying to make ends meet.

So, to actually answer your question. The prices are dropping because liquid cc has been decreased by a rather costly donation event (Temple), and the high cost of the new breeding base animal for which many farmers did not adequately prepare.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Mon Mar 13 2017, 00:25

thank you MARLY & GuineaUp for the congrats on the pink peacock pen!!! kissy

broke - I always try to produce as many base breeding animals that I can. I also work on keeping a good base or menagerie of breeding animals avail. all the time. This is more difficult with upgrading manufactories, menageries etc.  At one point, I had cleaned out all my level 5 and above camels and pandas....ouch! shock faint

Decree - Thanks for your input. This is why I chose to sit out the Temple event. It was just too much barn clearing for the measly reward. I don't see where prices are dropping? big money In which category? Breeding?

My worry is still about products....they are continuing to lesson in availability and increase in price. Obvious supply/demand property going. But what I do not know or can figure out is why??? don't know There are less than 20 offers of duck feathers, hydrants, chopsticks and flying carpets.  Nervous
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Mon Mar 13 2017, 01:50

Brookeham wrote:Decree - Thanks for your input. This is why I chose to sit out the Temple event. It was just too much barn clearing for the measly reward. I don't see where prices are dropping? big money In which category? Breeding?

For my market I've been able to buy between 20-30 different mainland tree fruit below BV. I've also been able to catch two different crops below their BV, which is exceptionally rare. As a whole, the overall average for the majority of crops is below their 31 day average. So most of what I've seen dip have been in crops, and tree fruits. This is due to farmers selling off stock that they still have in order to raise funds to compete in events.

I've also seen decreases in some breeding animals. As players try to raise funds to complete the Peacock event, they sell what they have, animals which were left over from past breeding events tend to show up with high quantities, which drives the price lower.

Brookeham wrote:My worry is still about products....they are continuing to lesson in availability and increase in price. Obvious supply/demand property going. But what I do not know or can figure out is why??? don't know There are less than 20 offers of duck feathers, hydrants, chopsticks and flying carpets.  Nervous

Products are definitely a bit worrisome. We are clearly due for an event which requires product donations. It's always possible that some group of players have some inside information that the rest of us do not have. I also wouldn't put it past BP to fix the markets and remove some supply for a variety of reason, although this is far less likely.

In all reality, this does fit a pattern I've seen repeatedly. Farmers who are well prepared for events and are able to make a lot of CCs usually invest some of those CCs into products because products tend to fluctuate low during those events. Again, a result of other farmers not being prepared having to sell off inventory to complete the event. Since products really only serve one purpose (FSQ's) they tend to build up in the barn.

I tend to follow the product market very closely because there are so many opportunities to flip them for profit. I also rarely, if ever, actually produce any product as their value gained per minute is very inferior to other farming opportunities.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Mon Mar 13 2017, 18:19

Removed my peacock pens except Pink and orange. Left my fields fallow. It is good you know. Restores its fertility. Yes, I studied that long back in geography.  Yup
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Mon Mar 13 2017, 22:28

Thankfully BBD is over....I have less than 200 peacocks left.  shock faint I went a little nuts breeding peacocks.....so what else is new? LOL I have built 2 pink peacock pens...Yippie! love it But yikes I have a ton of peacock raising to do in the next month. I'm not going to worry about trying for a pink fan pen for a long time. 
The quests for new breeding animals production items are very poor rewards. In fact, I hardly ever finish them.

Now onto the new Baha content.....and giving up some of my bred peacocks for the new FSQ tomorrow.
I hope everyone is happy with their breeding results!!!  bear hug bloempie
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Mon Mar 13 2017, 22:42

Just curious....How much PF does it take to make 1 or 2 pink pens? I did do some additional breeding today before the end of Baby boom but only got regulars, ghosts and aces. Even bred 100 ghosts and only got one level up and regulars back. Even if I had used all the PF I have, it wouldn't have been enough.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Tue Mar 14 2017, 04:20

pnp - I'm sorry...I didn't keep track of my pf use. I know it was a lot! I was down to almost zero from the last 2 surprise BBD's. I did notice(I don't know if I am imagining it?) but I seemed to get my best skips very early and before I finished donating to the event. From last night until today....skips were awful for me.

I have no idea if BP builds this into their program of a breeding event? Do they actually reward us early in event to get us excited to breed more...and use more pf??
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Tue Mar 14 2017, 05:32

I think they do exactly that Brooke... and their strategy worked on me, lol. I spent waaaayyyyy too much on PF!!! Nervous  My first shack load was awesome, and the next 2-3 weren't so bad, but towards the end of my PF pile (and further into the BBD) I wasn't getting squat for skips  hmpf
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum