Market exchange

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Market exchange - Page 15 Empty Re: Market exchange

Post by -Mir85- Mon Jan 16 2017, 21:26

Sleepy wrote:The suggested price by the system has an initial starting point at the exchange value.
The PPP price is not a bug, when tree fruit was cheap same thing happened there. 

As you say, there is a starting point for the default listing price. The market price is dynamic, when more items are sold for a higher price it will increase, when more is sold below it will decrease, but it will never go below the initial starting point which is the same as the exchange value. When apples sold for 20CC, the default listing price would still be 60CC. We don't see it much anymore, since almost everything sells well above EV. 

As I understand fb concern is that craft items don't have an EV (at least not visible in the game) since they are not in the barn. There is still a minimum default listing price which coincides with some values called "suggested market value" somewhere in the FAQs.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Mon Jan 16 2017, 21:28

farmer_broke wrote:
Suggested value is not the same as EV according to the answer received.  
I don't have much faith in that answer, since it seems to me that thread is full of miscommunication. Same thing that is happening here now BTW.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 21:35

I agree, the PPP default price is not a bug.

All I could do was ask and the answer received is that they are not the same.  I have no choice but to accept it as the question was taken to the team leader to respond.  

That is all I have to go by there lies the term confusion.  

I've found another way to perform an analysis.

Again, by what you know, do you know the #1 and #2 craft items with the most potential for upward movement and why?
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Mon Jan 16 2017, 21:39

I think you got it the wrong way around, wink challenge was for you, not for me ghehe
farmer_broke wrote:
Which craft items have the greatest upward price potential of all?  #1 and #2 and why?
That's an acceptable starting point. How would you go about forming an opinion on that question?
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2017, 21:40

I have not been in the games market enough for the past two years to have seen these things happening, so I can not say much about it.

Several items I just checked have a lower standard price suggested in the market then the FAQ notes as value.

It could be there just has never been made a connection by the Devs for most craft items, as they are not used for exchange events.
But the PPP in a sense is behaving as it should then, as you say the apples and such do the same.

Questions answered by TL's do not guarantee a correct answer or active connection to Devs.
I see no reason for the two terms to not be the same. As they apparently are the same for everything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Mon Jan 16 2017, 21:51

Interesting reading
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 22:06

-Mir85- wrote:I think you got it the wrong way around,  wink  challenge was for you, not for me   ghehe
farmer_broke wrote:
Which craft items have the greatest upward price potential of all?  #1 and #2 and why?
That's an acceptable starting point. How would you go about forming an opinion on that question?
I got it the right way around!  

I choose to explain how to get the answer rather to give the answer this time.  I know better than to take this question to a newbie but can I take it to you or anyone else?  

I will give you the answer as it has been the same for over two year now and to get on the same page.

1. white innocence
2. pink jelly

Why?
If one performs the same computation substituting the known and constant suggested value then one will get a ratio.

If only viewing the florist craft items then white innocence surfaces because it has the lowest ratio.

If one is only viewing the confectionary then pink jelly will surface with no doubt as the lowest.

The above has been the answers for over two years.

If one were looking at all of the craft products the same two would surface as the lowest without any doubt.

I told the EN Forum the answer being white innocence as a long-term hold item several years ago and again and again.  

Since I wrote the white innocence ratio has risen from .02 to .5  of the suggested value.  This is a 1400% increase in price.  

If I could buy 2 billion worth today I would.  There is no way so I buy a little at a time .... slowly.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 22:17

@Sleepy

ahhhhhhhh apples.  At one time the farm held 1.3 million apples and were acquired as the index began moving. 

Yes PPP moved in price too and so did EVERY any feed with apples as an ingredient.  Feed ha an EV also.  And they all relate to one another.  Some increases lag behind others and we can tell what is in barns.

Knowledge of what is going on within the game gives one some indication as to whether to buy or sell or hold.

For instance:  I saw the OA with the quest calling for Golden leaves (which I had been acquiring due to the slow upward ratio move), the feed where used jumped .........

and now broke dumps all 200,000 golden leaves ..... slowly but deliberately trying to get the max knowing I cannot sell all 200,000 at the max in a day.

All this fits together I find.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 22:22

Although I can see pink jelly and the increase in breeding events and the components actions  ....  I cannot explain what is taking pink jelly so long to move toward its suggested value or increase so that the farm can make a buck!  

And the pink jelly leads me to rhubarb which leads me to stork which leads me to pears which leads me to stork feed prices which leads me to the stork rate and the stork is a bird and birds are used in this event ..................................

And I stop and go back to playing lettuce.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2017, 22:40

The market is so slow because it only reacts 2% every 15min if there is reason to do so

Applejam has a standard suggested price at 1510 in my market
The value in the FAQ states 1510

I emptied the market to see if it will go below 1510 or not, with new lower listings. As of yet no.

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Mon Jan 16 2017, 22:43

What a great discussion!  pweeeep Love reading it.

EEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVV   ZAP  electric vibes  light bulb  light bulb  light bulb 

farmer_broke wrote:I cannot explain what is taking pink jelly so long to move toward its suggested value or increase so that the farm can make a buck!

Some time ago there was an event - I don't recall when or which - but it gave many many pink jelly and price went down down down. I still have not used up what I have from then so maybe others also not breeding so much are in the same situation.  don't know
Just a guess. I have thought about it too and wondered when those free pink jelly are gone...IF those are the ones haunting the mkt. I have not looked so often though.
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Mon Jan 16 2017, 23:03

Thank you for humoring me  NodYes
farmer_broke wrote:
If one performs the same computation substituting the known and constant suggested value then one will get a ratio.

If only viewing the florist craft items then white innocence surfaces because it has the lowest ratio.

If one is only viewing the confectionary then pink jelly will surface with no doubt as the lowest.

If one were looking at all of the craft products the same two would surface as the lowest without any doubt.
I know how to do this. What I want is to learn something new. There surely must be something more to your grand EV analysis!
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 23:13

puppiesnponies wrote:

I also think it likely that in the same manner as new crops and new quests could be introduced to Baha with so many players leveling up quickly and Golden Bananas being offered frequently. Is it to help with the storage facilities or something in the future? I  think perhaps it is for future plans.

Did I pass the quiz or flunk? thud
Everything you said is relevant depending upon what you like or what you are trying to do.  

You mention BAHA.  There was a call for BAHA crops --- crops go and rates change.  Some have never gone down.  Some have doubled.  One only has a limited number of ccs and most cannot buy all or even what they want as a minimum.   Baha crops have different categories. Say there is a call for only BAHA flowers.  (Which do we donate?  Why?  Many do not know that there would be only two choices.  Which do I buy over time to sell and why?)

Please do not search for the answers for me.  But the answers are clear to some degree.  I say to some degree because even though there is an answer, the most efficient choice may not be in line with ones objectives.  Simple.  So no concern with EV!

***** For a long time in the En Forum I kept writing: Out with those long-timers crop growers.  Sounds real stupid.  The rates were moving up and there was profit potential and there is among selected items.  They are not easily seen with price alone.  Developers must keep some balance in the game also.  

During the Recylo event no tree products could be used.  Why?  Because the rates of roses and carnations were so out of line that developers knew to adjust the price.  And barns of each dropped and the rates of both are slightly higher now and it is not over.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 23:41

-Mir85- wrote:Thank you for humoring me  NodYes
farmer_broke wrote:

I know how to do this. What I want is to learn something new. There surely must be something more to your grand EV analysis!
Mir, I have no doubt whatsoever that you would not know how to do it.  

You did not answer the two question so I know you do not know the benefits of elementary use in the craft area although you possess the technical ability.  If anyone, including both of us, wants to explore EV analysis then do it.  Mir, that's garbage you're talking, keep it.  

I know you can see part of it.  One must periodically collect whatever data they choose.  Each has their their own choice whether to use it or not.

I know of two using statistical analysis as a part of EV analysis out of sheer fun and enjoyment of research.  You do not know all about EV analysis, nor do the developers.  Why? There is no end!
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Mon Jan 16 2017, 23:58

farmer_broke wrote:You do not know all about EV analysis, nor do the developers.
No, that is why I challenged you to explain something I don't know. Instead you chose to explain the same thing you always do.
farmer_broke wrote:
I know of two using statistical analysis as a part of EV analysis out of sheer fun and enjoyment of research.  
This is closer to what I had in mind.

BTW, I know what I know and what I can do, I do not need you to make assumptions, I find it arrogant and rude.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top