Decree

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Decree  - Page 2 Empty Re: Decree

Post by Tookie Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:28

We're glad to have you, Decree! And I'm happy you enjoy the smilies! So do I. 

pillow fight
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by TCRooster Fri Nov 11 2016, 22:07

Hi Decree  Hi
TCRooster
TCRooster

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Mon Nov 14 2016, 04:34

hello Decree Hi ive seen your postings but have never met you so its nice to finally meet you
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Tue Mar 14 2017, 11:43

Since you have posted detailed analysis of various aspects of the game, I just wanted to drop a note to express my  gratitude for your time and willingness to share your input/info with the rest of us.  Your perspective is appreciated. NodYes dog lick
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Thu Mar 16 2017, 19:30

good post
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Mon Jul 31 2017, 18:36

How did it go with the pick-a-tool fiasco? Did you get any extra wood boards from support?
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Tue Aug 01 2017, 01:48

I'm still waiting on a reply. If nothing else, it was a moral victory for us players who always seem to get blamed if something happens with the game. At least they looked into this one, the last time I had an issue they never finished their inquiry and left the complaint open.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Tue Aug 01 2017, 12:10

That's at least something thumbs up let us know if you get an answer, I'd be interested to hear what they say...
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Tue Aug 01 2017, 13:25

Support replied and said they were sorry but they could not do individual compensations.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Tue Aug 01 2017, 15:32

I would have been surprised if had gotten another answer... but at least you tried.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Tue Aug 01 2017, 15:57

-Mir85- wrote:I would have been surprised if had gotten another answer... but at least you tried.

Me too.

Players 1 - Moderators 0

Players 0 - Beeps Support 1
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Tue Aug 01 2017, 16:09

giggle
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Thu Aug 03 2017, 10:01

I saw your post about drop rates in the EN forum. I know players did extensive testing in the old days on time vs. EP for drop rate. One can for instance test roses vs. other crops, since roses have a significantly higher EP per hour than (most) other crops. I'm sure they also tested crops vs. trees. But I guess records were lost with the switch to the new forum. Anyway, the consensus among longtime players both in EN and DE forum is that it depends on time, not EP.  Another indication that this is so, are event crops. On the mainland they often give twice the amount of EP per hour compared to the permanent crops, but the drop rate is not better than a similar length normal crop. 

When it comes to EP buffs like ZAB or easter marmelade they don't influence drops, I don't think there is any doubt about that.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Thu Aug 03 2017, 15:14

-Mir85- wrote:I saw your post about drop rates in the EN forum. I know players did extensive testing in the old days on time vs. EP for drop rate. One can for instance test roses vs. other crops, since roses have a significantly higher EP per hour than (most) other crops. I'm sure they also tested crops vs. trees. But I guess records were lost with the switch to the new forum. Anyway, the consensus among longtime players both in EN and DE forum is that it depends on time, not EP.  Another indication that this is so, are event crops. On the mainland they often give twice the amount of EP per hour compared to the permanent crops, but the drop rate is not better than a similar length normal crop. 

When it comes to EP buffs like ZAB or easter marmelade they don't influence drops, I don't think there is any doubt about that.

Right, I remember very distinctly when I started that base time was the number one factor in determining drops. This was passed down to me by the veterans when I was new to events. I even wrote an extensive post in a strategy thread which explained this months ago as some people seem to have forgotten. Yet for some reason there have been a lot of players (more experienced than I) who indicate it's the EP that makes the difference.

The only logic to get people away from the EP thinking that I could find was to just show them that their perceived idea of influencing drops still pointed to trees (in the case of most people playing) as being the better option.

When there are multiple days between events I prefer to put out the really long workshops and take a day off from the farm. Unfortunately, we don't get that often, or I'm too busy trying to accomplish something else with that time and don't get around to it.

I like trees because they give me a day off. I plant them the morning before an event and get a lot of stuff done in RL without having to worry about when I need to harvest again.

Thanks for your response. For a while I felt like the only one who was saying time over EP.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Thu Aug 03 2017, 15:49

I see  red smile couldn't recall that you'd posted about the matter before. 

There have always been some who say higher EP is better, but I haven't seen any evidence to support that. Then from time to time someone complains about terrible drops even though they use all buffs like CAC, ZAB and EM - which only confuses the matter more. 

The only buffs I know that increase event drops are (let me know if there are more): 
- Trophies/ living legend, up to 30%
- Howies, 5% per howie
- Old premium 5%
- A few cloud rows: New year 2015 row, 5% only on baha. Winter row,  5% only mainland. Don't know if there are others.

Edit: According to many in the DE forum the "more tools" rune (used to) increase event drops as well, even though the description only says tools. Some also claim this was changed recently, so it doesn't work on event drops any more. Either way I don't think it matters much, it is the same for almost all players.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum