Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 8 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by GuineaUp Thu Feb 02 2017, 18:01

Comfort food takes away the sting! Hope your eye gets better fast, what a drag  Eek
Mmm chips... wonder what's in my cupboard.
Gluten doesn't bother me (yet), but the sunflower seed bread sounds good!
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 8 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by Will*O*Wisp Thu Feb 02 2017, 21:36

I made vegetable beef soup last night, using organic bone broth.  Yummy! tasting  Will be making a gluten free apple cobbler tonight. Wish I could send you some, Tookie! Sorry about your eye. from me to you
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Feb 02 2017, 23:21

Yum Willow! Sounds delish! 

I used to make several different kinds of bone broths, and home can it. (I even made Emu bone broth one time, lol). Always had a pantry full. It's soooo good for you.

Today I started a big 2 gallon glass jar of organic apple cider vinegar (that I will leave the Mother in)... my neighbor brought me a ton of mixed variety frozen apple peels she had accumulated from making her home made apple sauce and apple butter for this past Xmas (all organic apples, from her mini orchard). She said I could give them to my horses and goats but I said heck no, I'll make a big batch of ACV! Takes about 6 weeks tho.

Apple cobbler sounds good too!
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by agronomistPete Fri Feb 03 2017, 04:02

Well, I'm microwaving a frozen burrito for dinner tonight. Speaking of which, Tookie, sorry about your eye - try microwaving a hand towel to put over that eye: soak the towel in water, wring it out and microwave it 10-15 secs. 

Looking ahead, I have a few racks of baby back ribs for Super Bowl Sunday - any BBQ fans here?
agronomistPete
agronomistPete

Back to top Go down

Post by agronomistPete Fri Feb 03 2017, 04:11

spotsbox wrote:whahahaha

That's quite the farm wife, there Pete pchaha.  American Gothic gets it's sexy back!Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 8 175907b67fcdfc715d83a8888edb0d92

Sorry I missed your post.  Well, you know that Lea - all work and no play.
agronomistPete
agronomistPete

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Fri Feb 03 2017, 05:22

Really Pete? A microwaved frozen burrito? oh the shame The lil wifey out doin' farm chores? 
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Fri Feb 03 2017, 13:44

Someonehas to do the farm chores...
That crazy husband of mine is too busy chasing all the milk maids around!!
Grin
He's lucky to get a frozen burrito lol
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Fri Feb 03 2017, 20:52

belly laugh
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sun Feb 05 2017, 00:00

Rainy, windy, cold and yucky wet outside, so I am stuck inside again... baking several loaves of banana macadamia nut bread with a semi-sweet vanilla cream cheese spread to go with/on it.
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Sun Feb 05 2017, 00:05

That sounds very yummy! drooling hungry

Our daughter made Manicotti for dinner. It was kind of funny watching her try get the filling into the pasta shells. ghehe
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by agronomistPete Sun Feb 05 2017, 02:52

cylentlea123 wrote:Someonehas to do the farm chores...
That crazy husband of mine is too busy chasing all the milk maids around!!
Grin
He's lucky to get a frozen burrito lol
We need slower milk maids..  RUN 

Made some lentil soup   tasting   - turkey stock; sauteed onions, carrots, celery, bell pepper, minced garlic garlic; smoked sausage; finished off the stock with some diced tomato, celery leaves, basil, cumin, salt and pepper.  Served with some fresh baked crusty mini baguettes. 

oh, yeah, don't forget the lentils.. head bang
agronomistPete
agronomistPete

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sun Feb 05 2017, 03:07

YOU cook Pete??? Watch out Lea... you might have more wimmins to deal with than just the milkmaids if this gets out  cooking

Sound delish Pnp hungry ... who did the dishes lol  pchaha
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Sun Feb 05 2017, 03:42

Sigh..  I know.
I sure know how to pick em.   As if I didnt have enough competition already with the milk maids lol
Had ribeye steak and baked potatoe for dinner.   Yummm
The entertainment was a few drunks that came over lol
I ate and watched the show ~

Pete- the soup sounds wonderful :)
PnP- loveeeee manicotti Mmm
GuineaUp- The bread sounds yummy but I am allergic to macadamia nuts :(
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sun Feb 05 2017, 04:05

Sorry Lea... the toasted walnuts the recipe called for would have given me hives tho monster cookie
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Sun Feb 05 2017, 12:01

Our family recipe for banana nut bread uses pecans. Love  the smell of it baking and then a slice still warm from the oven.Yummmmm
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum