Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by hatzeva Sat Nov 19 2016, 21:44

Nope, never got one but had quite a few strawberries, blackberries and red currants to test their quality.

+ I spent 3 h peeling prawns/shrimps for the starter before this and that was a lot of quality controlling going on then   giggle   Peel 5 - eat 2, so I was kind of stuffed anyway   happyblush
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by GuineaUp Sat Nov 19 2016, 22:04

Ok, YUM X2! That was a fair trade off!  eating
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Sat Nov 19 2016, 22:07

We have had Irish stew today (we had it yesterday already and it's always nicer on the second day)
For tommorrow I think, we will have pork shoulder, slow roasted in the oven with red cabbage.

And for christmas I am making some candied pineapples in dark chocolate as a christmas treat *finger lick*

All you pics are looking soooo yummie!!! drooling
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by hatzeva Sat Nov 19 2016, 22:22

clonahmon as you might already know we lived in Dublin for nearly 7 years (97-03) and there's no other food I crave as much as the Irish   drooling

Irish Stew not so much, I'm ashamed to say I'm not a fan of Lamb.

But:
* boiled bacon with parsley sauce
* honey roast ham with apple sauce
* roast beef with horse radish
* boiled and grilled ribs
* Coddle
* a "curry" from the Chipper - cut up

I could go on all night. I love the wholeheartedness of Irish food!
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Nov 19 2016, 22:34

I'm just a sheltered american farm/country girl that grew up on the typical basic american home cooked meals and comfort foods... but all of this is making me drool (well all of this, and smelling my chowder simmering on the stove, LOL!) drooling
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Sat Nov 19 2016, 22:57

@hatzeva: I didn't know, that you were in Dub for such a long time.

And my stew is never with lamb. Always with beef. I love lamb, esp lamb roast on a sunday.
But my kind of cooking is much influenced by my german childhood. So my irish hubby had a lot of changes in the kitchen to "swallow".
But he loves it.

I love the kind of ear to the ground in the irish coooking. Easy but very tasty. Just if they would learn how to use herbs and spices ;)

Carrots with parsley are devine.
Green beans with summer savory and lamb.... yummie!!
But I love also the easy peasy farmers breakfast with potatoes, eggs, rashers and tomatoes.

I could eat all day (I don't, but hubby does LOL)

And I love the veggies out of our own garden and the quite strange fruit we have in it.
Making jams or fruit leathers out of them... great taste with no added sugar.... I LOVE IT

No lads, I am not such a healthy living person LOL
If eating meat would be forbidden, I would definitely die of starvation.
And if coffe would be forbidden, I wouldn't survive either.

Does anybody know "lost eggs"? Yummie, I can tell you
And now I am craving for something to eat... Think I have to go into the kitchen now.....

blushingblush
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by hatzeva Sat Nov 19 2016, 22:59

Guinea, mind sharing that chowder?
I can smell it from over here   eating!!

Huggles
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Post by hatzeva Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:13

Oh clonahmon, just hear "Rashers" makes my moth water!

Nothing beats a good old Irish breakfast: rashers, black and white pudding, fried egg and a pot of tea (out of a hopeless teapot!) I like beans so would add that too.
Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 2 IRLBREAK1
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:14

Suuure Hatzeva! Chowder'll be ready in about an hour, with the cheddar garlic biscuits fresh out of the oven about then too! 
I love rainy day cooking and baking heartbeat cooking heartbeat
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Clash Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:23

Well yum...it all sounds wonderful.  Tonight's menu will be smoked chicken enchiladas and a salad.  Although I'm lazy in the fact I don't roll individual enchiladas.  Instead I layer it like you would a lasagna, saves a ton of time that way.
Clash
Clash

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:26

I think I have to stop talking about foooooood.
It's almost bed time here.
But I LOVE this thread !!

Must admit, I never had enchilladas (but a very good recipe for fuchsiaberry enchilladas with cream) YUMMIEEE

stop stopstop.. I get hungry
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:28

Mom made apple pie. Smells wonderful but....

Sister's kids were sick this week and came to visit yesterday. Now...hot tea and saltine crackers are my dinner. If the timeline follows right, then I am in for a rough night.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by hatzeva Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:29

full marks pweeeep

Can't wait for it to be done Guinea!

I love Chowders, and I love soups, but what really is the difference? Chowder has chunks! Soups have not?? 
Anyway I'm looking forward to your potato and garlic Chowder very much! Huggles from hatzeva
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:34

Ugh PnP there there ... sounds like you may need a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup tasting  to go with your saltines!
I'm on it... here chickie chickie chickie...  monster cookie
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:39

@ Hatzeva
Chowders are thick and creamy... soups are thin/brothy? don't know Heck if I know... but if it tastes/smells good, eat it! giggle heart

Your Irish Breakfast plate of food up there looks incredibly tasty! I must have been Irish in a past life, lol. Drool drool drool!

Edit...
I am SO very much enjoying the freedom we have here to post about whatever we please and not have to worry about getting punished for it/edited/deleted. Thanks SO much Sleepy and Tookie love it heartbeat  kissy
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum