Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by hatzeva Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:44

I have to go to sleep before I can have breakfast. 

Good night sweet friends!
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by LDCrow Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:52

Oooohhh a thread about cooking, my favorite subject.  I admit there is lots of stuff here I've never heard of but it all sounds wonderful.  I wish I could try it all.  hungry

I will be frying fish tonight along with steamed zucchini with sweet onion and scalloped red potatoes.  My scalloped potatoes have a bit of a kick to them as I use a bit of cayenne pepper in the sauce.  Then again most of the stuff I make has a bit of spice to it just one of those Texas things I guess.

Clash I'm curious what enchilada sauce do you use?  I usually make a green sauce myself for chicken enchiladas but I couldn't get any tomatillos this year so didn't make any.
LDCrow
LDCrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19 2016, 23:54

kissy that is the 'why would we' mentality Grin

And heck I learn from it too... OMNOMNOM hungry

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Sun Nov 20 2016, 00:03

I had grown tomatillos two years ago... I had only two plants.. but heck how much they produced. Incredible.
Unfortunately I had no recipe for a really good green sauce for it, so gave away a lot of them.
@LDCrow: have you tried growing them? Easier then tomatoes.

*tummy rumbling*
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sun Nov 20 2016, 00:20

LDCrow wrote:
I will be frying fish tonight along with steamed zucchini with sweet onion and scalloped red potatoes.  My scalloped potatoes have a bit of a kick to them as I use a bit of cayenne pepper in the sauce.  Then again most of the stuff I make has a bit of spice to it just one of those Texas things I guess.
Kinna like Sleepy said up there^^^... NomNomNomNom!! Yummie LDC!!
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by LDCrow Sun Nov 20 2016, 00:53

@clonahmon  Yes I've grown them before but we did not have a successful summer garden this year.  We had way too much rain followed by super high temps and it just boiled almost everything in the garden.  One of the reasons I couldn't even find any to buy is everyone had the same problems.  Only thing I really had was green beans and that was because I planted them in Feb. as we never even had a freeze last winter.

I've got a great Salsa Verde recipe that you can blend down to smooth or leave chunky however you like it.

@GuineaUp  Your chowder sounds super yummy as well.  eating
LDCrow
LDCrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Sun Nov 20 2016, 03:20

i just made 7 dozen m&m cookies mmmmmmmmm heart tomarrow I'm gonna make hershy kiss cookies then pumpkin bread and then taco dip, pumpkin pies, and then turkey, homemade stuffinin, fresh smashed potatoes, corn, Watergate salad, cranberries, rolls and devilled eggs mmmmmmmmmmm fallinghearts fallinghearts
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Sun Nov 20 2016, 08:02

I think Imma gonna visit all of you guys! MUST taste it all....Must taste....   tasting  drooling  hungry
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishamala Sun Nov 20 2016, 08:55

Today's lunch is roast chicken thighs with roast potatoes, some green salad on the side.

Nothing spectacular, but I'm basically posting to get notifications because I love this thread drooling
Mishamala
Mishamala

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Sun Nov 20 2016, 10:05

You're all making me really hungry.  Think I'll make tabouleh and İmam bayıldı.  I really love tabouleh and could make a meal on that alone.  Mine isn't very traditional, it's my own tweaked version.
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Sun Nov 20 2016, 12:11

According to google, this is what tabouleh looks like...  I had never even heard of the word. Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 3 Filename-tabouleh-in
and the other one... imam bayildi... to an ignorant European like me,  that sounds as if yr gonna be cooking a priest  pchaha  :rolling on flo belly laugh 

Althoug it does look YUMMY
Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 3 DSC_95643
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Sun Nov 20 2016, 12:48

I've never heard of those 2 dishes mindy. What is your recipe?
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Clash Sun Nov 20 2016, 17:50

LDCrow wrote:
Clash I'm curious what enchilada sauce do you use? 
I use Hatch, the mild version since I'm a wimp when it comes to heat.  I can't even fathom making my own.

Nothing more exciting than a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast this morning I'm afraid.  Sunday morning is for drinking coffee, and reading the newspaper (yes I still read printed news) and a bagel goes with that just perfectly.  tea n cookies
Clash
Clash

Back to top Go down

Post by hatzeva Sun Nov 20 2016, 21:43

Clash - a Bagel    drooling

Haven't had one in over 10 years as nobody makes them here in Sweden, and I'm too lazy to bake and boil and whatever to make them.

PnP and Tookie - tabouleh is a fantastic Middle East invention! In the summer we always have a bowl of it in the fridge. It goes with anything and everything!

It's very, very finely chopped tomatoes and cucumber mixed with cooked Bulgur (large or small) + as much chopped fresh parsley you can afford. That's the base then you can add your own touch: I love mint and Feta cheese!

I eat almost anything, snout of a pig - no problem, testicles from a wild boar, yes please. 
But I have trouble eating eggplants/aubergines and okra/Lady's Fingers, can't handle the texture. So haven't tried "the cooked priests"    giggle
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Sun Nov 20 2016, 21:47

pchaha

Have never tried bulgur yet. 

For me, the "wrong kind of texture" is snotty. Eggwhite that's not fully cooked... UHG. Oyster.... eww. Never even tried it. Sushi... nope. (no raw for me)  blegh

Love shrimps and other kinds of fish and all, but the texture needs to be firm. Applesauce, yumyum, cooking but jello... nope. blegh
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum