We Need Your Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We Need Your Help!  Empty We Need Your Help!

Post by Tookie Sun Jan 08 2017, 16:21

Hi Everyone, Hi  we need your help! 
We need you to put on your thinking caps, thinking and we need your opinions and ideas on the following:  

How do we classify events, mini-events and sales? 
farmer
We are totally baffled by the way things are/should/could be classified.  We've seen several of you complain about "oh I wasn't looking for an event! I was looking for it being a mini-event!" ... or similar. We too are experiencing this. 

But we can't seem to figure it out!  GaaH!

Moonlight Mania...sometimes 24 hours, sometimes almost a week! What is it, event, mini-event? we can't do both, can we? 

the same goes for 
The Recycl-O-Mat... sometimes short, sometimes longer... 

Renzo... event? mini event? sale? or what? recurring event? repeatable? 

We need you to think about all these events, and others, and HELP us classify them, please?!  hmz2

Gives us your ideas and opinions and let's see if together we can't use your feedback and come to a clear way we all understand. 
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

We Need Your Help!  Empty Re: We Need Your Help!

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08 2017, 16:27

We also see classification differences between the different language forums, and between the forums and the game. Wonder stables on the EN forum is a Mini-event but in-game it just is under the tab Sales (we also classify it as a sale).

flubbelub

We do like to keep them seperated in some way as not to push main Events down the topic list.

PS. For all who is looking for a running event, they are always posted at the top of our homepage in the "Running Events & News" box, with clickable names to links if available.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasZalan Sun Jan 08 2017, 16:55

Servus,
This is "easy" farmer whistling

Event is in the preview calender. In the first preview calendar. giggle (Example: I can't link it in... :(

(Because they update the normal calendar with mini events down the road and by the time/month... mill subscription, harvest helper, baby boom etc) waiting

MM, Renzo, Recycle are events. You can do them. Mini-events are when you can ONLY purchase, buy, give money to BP directly for the service. (Except BBD, or there is more?)

Mystery things are hard to decide... because they announce then in the preview calendar, but we "can't do them", we can buy them. I would say mini event.
ThomasZalan
ThomasZalan

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Sun Jan 08 2017, 17:03

Sorry Thomas, don't agree with you there  giggle  

My thoughts

A mini event is usually short, usually recurring, but most importantly I think it is mini in another way: It doesn't take over your farm. You might adjust your farm a little, for instance to increase drops, but you could just continue regular farming and still take part. For me all of these are mini events: Moonlight mania, baby boom, renzo, recyclomat, farm express, gift and trade. Another thumb rule could be: If it can run parallell to a regular event, it is a mini event.

If you can only purchase (BB or RL money) then it is a sale, not an event! I.e. wonder stables/trees, super grow savings, cloud row sales etc.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasZalan Sun Jan 08 2017, 17:17

-Mir85- wrote:Sorry Thomas, don't agree with you there  giggle  

My thoughts

A mini event is usually short, usually recurring, but most importantly I think it is mini in another way: It doesn't take over your farm. You might adjust your farm a little, for instance to increase drops, but you could just continue regular farming and still take part. For me all of these are mini events: Moonlight mania, baby boom, renzo, recyclomat, farm express, gift and trade. Another thumb rule could be: If it can run parallell to a regular event, it is a mini event.

If you can only purchase (BB or RL money) then it is a sale, not an event! I.e. wonder stables/trees, super grow savings, cloud row sales etc.

Everybody must have opinion. heart feel better

English forum consider "sale" a thing? Or they count event and minievent?

And if there is an event where you can win, you can DO it, but don't take up your fields, only your barn and market?
For example the "Fruit Market" on the 1st of July.
And there were two events at the same time, considered events. A step in time and return to the temple. One of them was a barn-market event like the Fruit market.

Note: I can't link in the FAQs
ThomasZalan
ThomasZalan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08 2017, 17:27

@Mir Ow that is a good way to look at it... Conflicting with farming or not. But how would you then classify a Breeding Event, like the camels (or any animal with colored stables intro)? As that does not has to conflict with farming but is by most considered as Event  scratch head 

@Thomas Forums do not post anything as 'Sale', but the game does on the in-game news page. So I am confused why the forums don't.

Point is to post all the events here so there is no need to go to the official forum if one does not want.

Other way to do things is to not bother with 'mini' at all but go:
Event - for every event that only will happen once
Recurring - for stuff like Renzo, Moonlight, Recycl-o-Mat
Sale - Wondertrees, harvester, subscribtions etc

It is hard to do it 'right' for all of you, but we do feel it needs to be done differently  guy blush

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Sun Jan 08 2017, 17:38

pillow fight

The EN forum doesn't call anything a sale. But as I understand it, the goal is to decide labels that makes sense for this forum, independent of what the EN forum does (if not one could just check there and do the same  giggle).

Not all (mini) events are easy to classify. You bring up two that only required barn value: the fruit market and return to the table. I would say return to the table is an event, mostly because it just feels like an event. There is a FSQ and an event window with steps, and you get prizes for those steps. With the fruit market you exchange fruit for coins, and buy rewards in the event shop. Could be an event, could be a mini event don't know  If it was recurring I would say mini event.

sleepy, I would still say breeding event is an event. You're right it doesn't fit my criteria, but I think most would agree it's an event so We Need Your Help!  1073279635  event/recurring-event might work well indeed red smile
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08 2017, 21:26

Yes we want to follow more the actual game then the EN forum  red smile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Sun Jan 08 2017, 21:29

thumbs up
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum