Peacocks on Parade

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ended Re: Peacocks on Parade

Post by pepsishot Wed Mar 08 2017, 19:28

I am sad  cry 1 I've run out of powerfeed and haven't gotten my pink pen yet.  cry 2
pepsishot
pepsishot

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Wed Mar 08 2017, 19:49

pepsi - Awww don't be sad! there there  Almost nobody gets the pink pen right out of the gate. There will be another BBD this weekend....with hopefully a powerfeed sale.  NodYes

I left the last peacock in the event window undone. I'm hoping to get better breeding results having NOT finished event. Probably not going to help....but a girl can wish.  calm whistling giggle
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Wed Mar 08 2017, 19:50

For once I have decided to be unruly and disobedient.  naughtynaughty      GaaH!  

blahblah  blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah blahblah

YESSS! WhooHoo
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Wed Mar 08 2017, 19:55

Decree, nice very useful presentation for me.  Four questions:

(1)  Were pheromones used with all? 
(2)  Were all results obtained during the Baby Boom time period?
(3)  Was the breeding rune unlocked on the tree of wisdom? 
(4)  Did you produce all of the peacocks yourself or purchase in the market?
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Wed Mar 08 2017, 20:10

farmer_broke wrote:Decree, nice very useful presentation for me.  Four questions:

(1)  Were pheromones used with all? 
(2)  Were all results obtained during the Baby Boom time period?
(3)  Was the breeding rune unlocked on the tree of wisdom? 
(4)  Did you produce all of the peacocks yourself or purchase in the market?

1- I used one pheromone per to make sure it was done in time. No Pink Jelly due to slots being filled already.
2- Yes, I'm too cheap to breed any other time outside of a BBD.
3- Breeding Rune is indeed unlocked.
4- Depends on how they mix? Some were bought, some were made. I probably bought around 1000-1500, and raised another 1500-2000 on my own. So it's hard to say if they were raised on my own or purchased since I used only 400 Peacocks.

I'm very interested in trying to do mixed breeding and seeing what the results are. If 2x Ghost, 2x Peacock would return an Ace and ?? it would still be better than giving up 4 Ghost. I haven't really been able to find any hard data on that though, so I'll probably be looking into doing it myself since I really only breed/raise for profit.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Wed Mar 08 2017, 20:50

Did two rounds of 30 and one round of 60.  Don't know if it means anything, but on both 30 rounds I received 1 magical and 10-12 Ace skips from regs.  On the 60 round I received 2 magical, 6 ace and 6 carnival from regs. Interesting.

Also, got one joker from regs Grin
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Wed Mar 08 2017, 21:06

@Decree
I have review about 200 - 250 mixed breedings.  This is a very small sample to try and make defend-able conclusions.  I remember most results were very, very, very, very poor.  I also remember very few actually breaking even.  BUT there were a couple of exceptions.  

Breeding for profit huh!  This farm is at 6.2 billion ccs and is a totally free farm and therefore it does not purchase power feed to breed.  The estimated foregone revenue and profit from not doing so are staggering.  (Of course one still must sell the output and that is an entirely different challenge with different reasoning.)  This weekend I'll review the results you obtained and let you know my findings.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Wed Mar 08 2017, 21:12

farmer_broke wrote:@Decree
Breeding for profit huh!

When I say breed for profit, I really mean whatever PF I've been able to mill and or get from other events. Which I then turn into breeding animals to stock in my barn. If by some reason those animals become popular and the market increases in value on them, then I sell. Otherwise, I use them for event trade-ins. I never have enough PF to try to build pinks or anything of that nature, so this is the best use I could come up with for the PF.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Thu Mar 09 2017, 00:24

DONT forget to get the 2 peacock things from the tree in magical glade the joker peacock and the breeding pack NodYes heart
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Thu Mar 09 2017, 00:25

Finished the first round and will have to seriously think about doing the second round.  I'm not inclined to give up so many bred animals for a few upgrades.  After approx. 190 breedings, my best skip was regular to magical peacock (6x).  There's still PF left in my barn (I have never purchased PF), so may do a bit more breeding over the weekend.   Just not sure what to do at this point.  It will take further thought.  scratch head
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Thu Mar 09 2017, 00:28

mindy how many regular peacocks do you have in order to finish the second set of 7 you only need 1902 regular peacocks thumbs up you can do it NodYes
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Thu Mar 09 2017, 00:42

Marly, thanks for the encouragement.  I have 947 regular animals left and quite a few bred animals.  Although I'm still raising birds on 2 fields, it won't be enough - I'd have to use bred animals to finish the event.  I'm just debating if it's worth it to me.   thinking
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Thu Mar 09 2017, 01:35

oh ok was just trying to be helpful hmz2 Grin good luck in what ever you decide to do Hug
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Thu Mar 09 2017, 01:44

Thank you Marly.  I really do appreciate your help.   feel better
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjoman Thu Mar 09 2017, 14:02

BBD and PF Sale announced on Facebook....Our Mods haven't woke-up yet