Ended Re: Peacocks on Parade

Post by Tookie Thu Mar 09 2017, 15:15

Thanks banjo!
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Thu Mar 09 2017, 17:53

I am in love with the look of the red peacock pen and red fan pen!!! The designers did a fabulous job with these!!!!! I have gotten used to seeing the orange pen...but it is still gorgeous!!!
Our mods finally awoke taptap ....and now it's official...another BBD and power feed sale on Friday!!! drooling
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Thu Mar 09 2017, 19:03

yay I'm glad there is another BBD maybe ill get what I need to make my pink peacock on both farms lol
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Mar 10 2017, 11:03

Good luck.  

This farm does not care what folks do with a peacock now!  It's peacock-lettuce playin time.   making money
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Fri Mar 10 2017, 16:27

have your prince broke farm sell a couple sun peacocks lol
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Fri Mar 10 2017, 16:36

I just need 1 sun peacock to make Pink Peacock.  Now what?
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Fri Mar 10 2017, 17:21

me too 12ss12 Hi but I need 1 on each of my farms lol as long as it doesn't skip on me  Eek    then I will be 1/2 way to a pink pen and a pink workshop  Grin EDIT: WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I did it I got what I needed and I just made my pink peacock on BOTH of my farms I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!! heart heart fallinghearts fallinghearts im happy pwetty cheer on dancing WhooHoo wow wow pweeeep pweeeep
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Mar 11 2017, 03:13

On my very 1st round of breeding peacocks, (during the short BBD at the start of the event) I got an Emperor Peacock!!!  shock faint HolyFrickinMotherOfSkips!!! But of course I have not managed to get or breed up to another one so I can build a Pink Fan factory. taptap  Pfft. Unfortunately results from today's BBD are less than thrilling. Getting lots of sets of triplets, plus 1 colored Peacock. I don't remember seeing 7 birds in my results so often before. Cool, I guess. I did at least manage to build one Pink Peacock pen. It's soooo pretty star colors   pwetty  star colors . It's a complete no-go for building anything pink on my other farm, and I'm out of PF so I'm done  bad marks .

What's with the markets?  Everything's greyed out, and I wanna sell a couple hundred of my colored Peacocks... but sheesh the prices I can list them for so far are still way too pathetically low  losing money  . Is everyone hoarding or what?
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Sat Mar 11 2017, 03:18

congrats GuineaUp nice job heart that's awesome Grin and don't worry you will get your pink workshop there there
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Mar 11 2017, 03:49

Thanks Marly!  kissy
Congrats on building a Pink Peacock pen on both of your farms!  cheer on
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sat Mar 11 2017, 04:41

GuineaUp wrote:
What's with the markets?  Everything's greyed out, and I wanna sell a couple hundred of my colored Peacocks... but sheesh the prices I can list them for so far are still way too pathetically low  losing money  . Is everyone hoarding or what?
The default value (or sliding market index price) is initially set by developers at the item's EV (or barn value).  This initial default value is now regarded s very very low as you have found. As you do not wish to list your peacocks, neither do others.  Keep in mind that the Market Vultures are watching and waiting on a meal.  

These Market Vultures are so cheap that they will watch the market for hours and hours waiting on that meal. (Many know little about how the market works and make their CCs from taking advantage of the weak continuously.  This happens all of the time with new breeding animal introductions.)

Obviously players feel the maximum market price is not sufficient for their efforts or what they have put into the item in order to achieve it.  (You should see the product also and have a laugh.) This is further proof that market prices do affect what one does in the game.  Also, whatever happens in the game transcends itself into the market. 

(more in the next post.)
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sat Mar 11 2017, 05:11

There is a way to raise the default price for an item on the market.  There must be at least two players wishing to do so and the action (which I will explain) carries with it some risk.  The Market Vulture is the primary risk because they will attack!

Here is how:  

One farmer begins by listing that level one breeding animal let's say.
That farmer's friends buys it for cheap.
Then that farmer lists it again rising the default value.
The first farmer buys it.

again again again again again

The market price will rise.
Individuals are only selling the same item over and over and over again if they increae the default market price this way.
Of course they are willing to pay the 10% listing fee and more for the breeding animal.

The reason is that they want to sell what they have and make up the little they are loosing by raising the default market value.  

I know this works!  The greatest risk is that Market Vulture who will dive in and then not participate in the raising of the index price.  Therefore, raising that index price becomes more expensive because the ones raising the price loose the item to a Market Vulture.  

This continues and others see the price increasing and others will even begin to participate in the price raising exercise.  

Then there is  buying and selling frenzy with some not aware of what is happening and some loosing more than others and the Market Vulture swooping down and feeding.

The time to purposely engage in the price raising exercise is when there are few layers online and therefore less Market Vultures to contend with.  When they appear then the price raising exercise must stop or the looses become to great to make the exercise worth the effort.

There are plenty breeding peacocks in barns.  Players are simply waiting for another to pay the price in order to increase the default value.  
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sat Mar 11 2017, 05:31

After writing I went to the breeding market.  I find levels one, two and three peacocks.  They are being bought and sold by the same three players.  

Great prices!  This farm is the dangerous Market Vulture.  This farm behaves like such a sleeze ball that it buys all of all three levels and will NOT help with raising the index price.  NO NO NO, I am a sleeze-ball MARKET VULTURE.  (Once a Market Vulture, always a Market Vulture.)

And the farmers have now stopped listing ANY breeding peacocks because the Market Vulture has appeared and they have now suffered looses.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sat Mar 11 2017, 06:34

LOL... you're funny FB giggle  . So glad my little small-time farms are not on the market that you are hovering over looking for all your fresh kills lol :)

I'm aware of the farmers working together to raise the index price trick... was just wondering why it's taking soooo long this time. The EV being set so low explains it, Thanks for typing that all out  cat cuddle  . I'm always late to the party and by the time I'm stocked up and ready to sell my excess animals during breeding events, the prices are usually already high enough for me to not cringe when listing lol. This time... no such luck, and I am not a patient person lol  taptap

Last time I had the chance to make double digit millions selling my breeding animals I missed the price peak and did not make as much as I'd hoped to... so I was hoping to hit it at the right time this time and try to get a hefty hunk of CCs to help soothe the sting from buying PF  oh the shame

I took one for the team and sold a few level 2-4s. Don't think it did any good, just helped pad some market vulture's barn lol.  thud
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sat Mar 11 2017, 08:51

You should begin to see the breeding peacocks appearing.  Level four breeding animals will also begin to appear a little slower (that loosing risk).  And level five appears even less.  And months may pass before the top breeding animal appear.  But the sleezy Market Vultures know they will and they seem to be always flying and waiting.  

With the top breeding animal, the same manipulation can occur but it usually has not in the past.  The Market Vultures may have to wait a year or even years before finishing off their kill. 

The Market Vulture hates it they go:  khaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dunk .... They missed their kill and another Market Vulture is feasting.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum