Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 7 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by cylentlea123 Sun Nov 27 2016, 02:15

@GuineaUp- I feed him just fine, he especially loves my cherry cheesecakes.
He is just a flirt and wants to visit all the neighbor ladies lol

SunshineAZ- have a great time in mexico, I don't have any allergies do flour but if I ever develop one, I know who to talk too.
Your recipes sound like a great alternative and sound delicious too.
I was given a bag of glutin free almond crackers recently and thought oh what the heck, I'll try them.  They are really good.
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 7 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by LDCrow Wed Nov 30 2016, 03:18

Today after all the post Turkey day leftovers and leftover turkey recipes I decided to make a good old pot of beans for dinner.  Just pinto beans slow cooked with a smoked ham hock and my array of seasonings (yes they are a bit spicy) served with fresh cornbread.  Sometimes the simplest things can be the most yummy.  tasting
LDCrow
LDCrow

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Wed Nov 30 2016, 03:27

LDCrow-That is one of my husbands favorite meals!!
And don't forget the cornbread or he will cry lol

We southerners call that comfort food ~
mmm mmm good
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Wed Nov 30 2016, 03:32

Grilled cheese sandwiches tonight with Provolone cheese.  (So much meat the last few days so it is nice to have something simple.)  frying
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Tue Dec 06 2016, 06:59

Not really an eat, but I recently found 2 new teas while in the grocery store.  They're seasonal specialty teas from Celestial Seasonings, one called Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland and the other is Caramel Apple Dream, and they are really good, especially with creamer in them coco tea.  If you're a tea lover, you might take a look and see if you can find these teas in your grocery store (I found them at Albertson's), but I'm pretty sure they're only around for Christmas.  I plan to go back and stock up on them next time I'm in town, get enough to last until next Christmas, lol. flubbelub
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Feb 02 2017, 01:15

This thread needs reviving!!! Keep it going please, sooooo many of us LOVE FOOD and COOKING! We need to share, daily!!!   cooking You know.. there is no DAILY chitchat ABOUT ANYTHING going on anymore... so why not keep at it over here???

Since my area in Northern Cali is gonna get blasted with more rain/dreary/cold wet weather, I am making a big pot of HOME MADE Asian Hot and Sour soup. With tofu, (and chicken too), mushrooms and extra veggies, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts ect... and also extra heavy on the hot and sour. Nom Nom Nom  drooling

What are you guys makin, eatin', ordin' in, goin' out to eat? 
Share Share Share!  hungry
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Thu Feb 02 2017, 01:28

Not sure what I'm going to make for dinner, but am making apple dump cake for desert (same as the cherry recipe I posted earlier, only with apple pie filling instead of cherry).  Can't wait for it to be done! drooling
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Thu Feb 02 2017, 01:29

oooooo, that soup sounds really good.  I love all kinds of soup, except straight chicken soup.

Tonight it's broiled salmon and a baked sweet potato.  Nothing fancy and I don't really feel like cooking.  Tomorrow I'll have to make turkey chili (hot enough to melt the spoon)- it's going to get cold here again.  Might even do my version of 5 way Skyline chili.  I always loved that stuff when I lived in Ohio.   frying
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Feb 02 2017, 01:47

Yum you guys!!! 
Yep, it's official...  I'm goin' to mindy's for dinner and to spots' for desert! And then back to mindy's for the chili tomorrow... whatever version (I like shit-fire HOT chili if you decide to melt spoons lol)! Drool drool drool... I'll bring you some left over soup  tasting  lol.

broke  Me and my brainy ideas... revive a food thread lol. This is killin' me, my hot n sour soup is still simmerin'. it's not even 5pm here yet and I'm starvin' lol  cry 2
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Thu Feb 02 2017, 02:23

I haven't had Skyline chili in almost 30 years cry 3, I LOVE that!  My mom used to have my sisters send her the packets of Skyline chili mix (not as good as at the restaurant, but not bad) when we moved west.  I made some for my husband when we first got together, but he just couldn't rectify eating "chili" on spaghetti giggle, so I haven't made it since.  Can't get it or Barq's Red Cream Soda (my absolute favoritist) west of the Mississippi. No! Why!
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Thu Feb 02 2017, 02:27

Come on - the more the merrier.  If you want your chili really hot, I'll throw in a ghost pepper.  I keep them for those frigid winter days - they certainly warm you up.  My nephew inherited the shit-fire gene from me.  We have a dragon-off when he's here to see who can shoot flames first and the farthest.  He even keeps an array of hot sauces at my house for the occasion.  Ahhh, fun times.   whahahaha

Spots, the chili is good over rotini and it's easier to eat.
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Thu Feb 02 2017, 02:29

Spent the day tutoring daughter in Chemistry and now too tired and sore to stand and cook anything so I had peanut butter toast. Too tired to even stand and wait for the toast to pop up out of the toaster. dedtired Maybe this belongs  in the lazy farmer thread? thud
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Feb 02 2017, 02:41

mindy1701 wrote:Come on - the more the merrier.  If you want your chili really hot, I'll throw in a ghost pepper.  I keep them for those frigid winter days - they certainly warm you up.  My nephew inherited the shit-fire gene from me.  We have a dragon-off when he's here to see who can shoot flames first and the farthest.  He even keeps an array of hot sauces at my house for the occasion.  Ahhh, fun times.   whahahaha

Spots, the chili is good over rotini and it's easier to eat.
BWAHAHA!! Shit-fire genes and dragon-offs!!! belly laugh belly laugh belly laugh belly laugh 
 I'm rollin' over here!!! 
Yes... shit-fire chili over pasta with cheese and sour cream, please lol
EDIT: And a beer!

LOL PnP, thought you were gonna throw some crazy chemistry project on the stove n call it dinner for a minute lol  frying
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Thu Feb 02 2017, 02:47

Ahhh, chemistry, I remember if fondly Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 7 Hit-himself-with-a-bat-smiley-emoticon
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Feb 02 2017, 14:46

Yesterday I ate tomato soup with fresh glutenfree-sunflowerseeds-bread, to dunk in the soup. It was yummy. Later I also ate the same fresh bread with a baked eggie on it. Nothing else, just some salt. 

Tonight: most likely a bag of biological, natural taste, potato chips, with a mayo/kerrie dip. 
And kerrie is not red curry. 
Kerrie is yellow, mild, sweet, and a touch of hot, without being sharp. 
Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 7 80020_1
I don't often eat chips as dinner, but today... I'm treating myself. I have a sore eye again. It's stinging, and scratching and it's making it impossible to DO anything but focus on my eye! darn... 
therefor... chips it is! omnom
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum