The Peacock: All eyes closed but not sleeping

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Peacock: All eyes closed but not sleeping - Page 2 Empty Re: The Peacock: All eyes closed but not sleeping

Post by Tookie Thu Jan 12 2017, 15:51

:rolling on flo
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

The Peacock: All eyes closed but not sleeping - Page 2 Empty Re: The Peacock: All eyes closed but not sleeping

Post by zensioux Thu Jan 12 2017, 16:43

G-up, you sound like you lead an intereasting life. I look forward to hearing more about. So my big question: is what do you do with all the feathers??? Especially, the colorful ones? I painted a picture ones that incorporated parrot feathers - someone stole it, but it was intereasting to use feathers. They are so pretty. I love your avatar.
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Thu Jan 12 2017, 16:52

Broke - Sorry for hijacking your thread and talking about peerty things dancing instead of the serious subject of making money. So how do we make us some 4.7 Billion off of Peacocks or Peahens? greedy big money making money kissy giggle
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Jan 12 2017, 17:33

zensioux wrote:G-up, you sound like you lead an intereasting life. I look forward to hearing more about. So my big question: is what do you do with all the feathers??? Especially, the colorful ones...
I sell a LOT of feathers (Guinea, Peacock and Turkey) each season but I also handcraft and sell my own earrings, hair barrettes, brooches, head bands, hat bands, mixed feather bouquets etc. 

Besides the home processed meat, fresh eggs, hatching eggs, baby chicks and adult stock that I sell thru the year the feathers and feather crafts sales also help sustain/support my flocks... almost 100%  making money 

Yep, sorry Mr Broke... lol  Oops2 im sorry
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Thu Jan 12 2017, 19:11

zensioux wrote:... So how do we make us some 4.7 Billion off of Peacocks or Peahens? greedy big money making money kissy giggle
greedy light bulb   At today's market price for peacocks in the game, hmmmm you would probably need about 675,000 - 700,000 of them.  

I would have to begin somewhere that made sense to me.  So what I do, is listen (or read) discussions such as to the one being had above. 

Many have helped me.  How?  Some people like peacocks and will produce them in real life and work the real life peacock chain or some part of it.  The same holds true in this game. Some do not want to see the pen or the bird and therefore will not produce it or just don't have the time.  

The peacock is beautiful to some and ugly to others.  How often do I hear beautiful or ugly? This will give me some idea as to demand.  

I read very few posts about cats and the market price is lower than ... take the frog ... which I did not read such nice statements about. But the price is higher too!

In the game I try and read everything with an open mind in order to consider it.  

Really, I simply enjoy the guidance of others and that guidance has turned into billions.

No one has hijacked the thread!  

Please tell me more.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Jan 12 2017, 20:31

now that is having a sense for business. thumbs up  I wish I had thát skill in real life. I suck at it.  girl blush Creative as I am, I'm too impulsive and impatient to spot things like that.
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Thu Jan 12 2017, 21:27

Creative!  Creativity is so valuable and it cannot be taught.  Impulse ad impatience can be adjusted.

Just type in the word "creativity" into your browser and although much exists, there are volumes of academic research addressing creativity.  Some have even attempted to measure it and divide it into factors. 

I've worked with Meba091, one of our forum members, with market strategy in this game for over six months now. 

She would drive me insane with the impulsive acts.  We had several, many, discussions entering around:  Slowly!.  

She's ready to move to another form of analysis.  I'm trying to determine whether the discussion would be better here or through email.  Meba is already a terror in the market. 

As with the lettuce discussions in the En Forum, this one would circulate through the game.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Thu Jan 12 2017, 23:48

When I was studying for my MEd in secondary education. I would search research articles about art. It seemed like the majority of the research was to see how learning an art can help students learn better in other academic classes. Music seemed to help the most in Math. There were others, but my foggy memory. It was over 10 years ago. 

I was disappointed, because it seemed liked very little to any research was being done to examine if learning an art enhanced one's over all educational experience or if learning an art help with problem solving skills. To me that is what creativity is. It is the ability to problem solve by using unconventional methodologies.

From my experience, I say it does. Because, I learned art at an early age and continue to use these skills, I think I am better able to problem solve in other aspects of my life - sometimes. LOL Let me clarify that I mean that I am able to problem solve better than if I did not create art. Not that I am a better problem solver than others.

I did not have access to the Psych/ art research. I am sure there would be tons of art research articles in those journals.

Broke - I think it would be interesting to read what you 2 have come up with.
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sat Jan 14 2017, 10:45

I noticed peacocks at about 6,500 yesterday and today only a single offer at 12,364 .  

The MEd study in secondary education must have been quite eye opening.  I was drawn to learning theories.  Had little time during my educational endeavors.  Even then, spent a small portion of time critiquing bodies of educational research with a focus on research methods and statistical analysis uses, abuses and misinterpretation.  I did see a little research with music and education but had not time to delve into it.  

Quite possibly you would find the discussion with Meba091 quite enjoyable.  

We are discussing engaging in this in the open forum here.  As I have communicated to her, I am concerned about us removing a part of her competitive advantage as she has invested a little time.  Even though at our own speed, I know she has done work and prepared in ways that others have not and will not.  

She has quite graciously left it up to me as whether or not we go through with this in an open forum environment or through private EMs.  I judge this forum to be an excellent environment for many reasons.  Participation by others would be great and I know they will drop out anyway if unprepared.  A decision will be made shortly in light of goals.    

The only mouse I will ever keep on this farm is named after Meba.  Meba the Mouse.  That mouse is everywhere in the market.  hahaha  I laugh but can only imagine the terror she will turn into in the market.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Sat Jan 14 2017, 13:37

I think it would be very nice if others could learn from both of you. I don't think they will suddenly become stiff competition... as it takes quite a while to get good at things... for me anyway. 

Meba The Market Mouseketeer! heart
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Sat Jan 14 2017, 14:03

I agree with Tookie. It does take time to learn it and to practice it. There are also enough markets so the 'competition' would be diversified. If others decide to learn, there is joy in sharing knowledge for both the teacher and student. If you didn't feel that way, you would not have shared your own knowledge and experience.
However, whatever you decide to do is up to you.

For me, the 'teasers' about someone having advanced knowledge makes me feel left out and not part of a secret club. If it is to be shared, that's wonderful and exciting. If it is to remain private, fine.

I can only give accolades to the example I watched for 2 years before I had the courage to attempt what seemed an impossible task (HH). I learned a lot during that time and let the idea of such a goal percolate before committing to the work consistently and feel honored to share the experience with an amazing group of players that offered support and encouragement. Had the example not been there (broke) and the group of friends and neighbors that shared the same journey not been there, I am not confident I would have prevailed.

Perhaps the lessons you are discussing now will not be implemented right now but that doesn't mean they won't still be beneficial.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Sat Jan 14 2017, 16:36

G-Up - 1st off I apologize for not commenting earlier about your feather. I thought I did! Ooopsie. ghehe I have thought about your feathers occasionally as I go about my day. How fun it would be to have all those pretty feathers to play with. I'm sure your jewelry is beautiful. Pics please, if you don't mind sharing. I am THRILLED to hear that your farm is sustainable and self sufficient. Yippee! & Good for you!

Broke - I would love to hear what you 2 are learning, but you have NO FEARS of me being a competitive threat. Playing the market takes too much work for me. Plus, I will read your wonderful teachings and then make ridiculous decisions like buying an Easter Bunny for 35M just to donate it in an FSQ;however, it would be nice to "accidentally" learn something that would help me make more CCs so I can buy more insanely expensive breeders to throw into the ethereal wasteland of the FSQs. 

PNP - I am so thrilled for you that you took a chance to learn something new & probable scary for you. I was thrilled hearing about your dedication to your goal this last year. I am sorry to say that my latest funk & travels kept me from learning how you did in the HH. Did you get the little do-dad prize for giving away all your hard earned goodies? I hope so! Looking at the little do-dad prize every so often can be so rewarding.
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sat Jan 14 2017, 17:24

@Tookie @puppiesnponies

Tookie I love how you are you!   im happy   I totally agree that nearly all will not be stiff competition.  We reach a point in what we do in the markets that we recognize competition and know how to handle them.  

I looked earlier and had nearly 12,000 animals listed and nearly 50 breeding animals listed. This farm has reach a point where it does not even want people in the way and some know just enough to get in the way.

PnP, you already have a little of the information necessary.  You did well with the HH and the group you worked with perform well.  Working with a group with what I can organize would be beneficial to several.  

Once during our discussion I asked Meba to put 150 listings on the market at once.  I didn't now if she would but she did.  We make ccs so often that any times we do not even remember where it comes from.  (She does not do this everyday but I know she still ventures in that direction.)

Oh yes, we farm or produce something.  She would drive me insane and I would wonder why is this lady doing these things.  As I mentioned to her lately though:  Soon you will drive yourself insane and not me.  

Tookie and pnp, please feel free to join us.  

I'll try it here but in separate thread.  

@zensioux

That price you paid may not be ridiculous.  Many parts of the breeding animal market are definitely not fully developed.  Some markets are larger than others and some markets have more active players who mill power feed.  Developers are working a plan which involves the breeding market as power feed is a source of game revenue for them.

We probably should go back to peacocks here. Someone cleared my market of all peacocks.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Sat Jan 14 2017, 21:14

So what is a fair price for a Peacock based on the EV?

Is there a section of the forum where we can go OMG! Who in there right mind would pay 43K for a single Bladdernut fruit???
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Sun Jan 15 2017, 00:10

Hum, I knew there was a reason you started talking about Peacocks, Broke. Did you catch word of the Peacock being the new breeding animal from some rumor or did you guess something was up by just watching the market trends?
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top