Ended Re: The Bake Off

Post by 12ss12 Tue Feb 21 2017, 19:05

My understanding of the event

1. No event crops

2. Event drop item 

• There is an event drop item - Cake Voucher
  • It is needed to play the mini game
  • 3 vouchers are given for free initially
  • Drop item can be got from all fields and from trees, pens, workshops and breedings
  • Drop items will not be got from crops
  • You can also get the cake voucher from the base decoration item given for free at the start of the game

3. mill item

• There is a mill item - Cake Boost
    It can be milled only in the mainland mill
  • Mill item is needed for reducing the time of harvest of the said base item or for increasing the mini-game timing
  • For milling
    Cake boost = 40 x wheat + 40 x cucumber + 10 apples
    Time: 3 hours

4. How to play

• To play one mini-game, you need one cake voucher.
  • You have to bake cakes and deliver to tthe customers for which you will recieve points.
  • You have to memorize the 3 ingredients (Sponge, Icing and Decoration ) of a cake that the Customer asks you and make the cake & deliver it
  • First you will be required to make only one cake. When you reach 130 points you have to make 2 cakes and when you reach 800 points you have to make 3 cakes.
  • There is a limited time to memorize the ingredients and also to make the cake

Time to memorize & time to cake – time is in seconds

When you use the voucher alone

1 cake 4 sec to memorize & 15 sec to make
2 cake 8 sec to memorize & 20 sec to make
3 cake 12 sec to memorize & 25 sec to make

When you use the voucher + boost
1 cake 10 sec to memorize & 22 sec to make
2 cake 15 sec to memorize & 25 sec to make
3 cake 20 sec to memorize & 35 sec to make​

Points & rewards.

• When delivering the cake to the customer you receive points that will be added to the progress bar and you will get rewards as you reach the certain level.
  • You will also get rewards for delivering the cakes too.
  • Whether you make the right cake or if you make mistakes you get points.More points if you make the right cake and less if you bake the wrong one
  • To get the cloud row with its item, you need to do the first 5 steps. For that you have to get 200 points from serving the cakes.

• If you wish to proceed further, you can do the remaining 5 steps so. To finish the grand total of 10 steps you need 1000 cake points in total.
  • If you want to continue playing there is also a 11th step
  • For
    1 cake - correct cake - 15 points ; wrong cake - 5 points,
    2 cake - correct cake - 35 points ; one correct - 29 points ; both wrong cake - 10 points
    3 cakes - 60 points; 2 correct - 40 points ; 1 correct - 25 points ; all 3 wrong cake - 15 points

My observation is that you need not panic or feel the game is complex. Initially you need to deliver only one cake. So you can remember 3 options. So for one cake you need not waste the cake boost to enhance the time. As you do more cakes you will remember the options easily & when you go to 2 & 3 cakes, you can use the boost to enhance the cake.
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Tue Feb 21 2017, 19:15

I think I did it myself. dancing dancing
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Tue Feb 21 2017, 20:52

This next event will be really hard for me - I may not be able to do it.  I have very little short term memory now - even started forgetting to turn off the stove.  Trying to remember a pattern is very stressful, almost painful.  BUT, I'll give it a go.  If it gets too bad, I'll stop. 

All I can figure out to do is pattern recognition, color-coded.  pink-pink-green, white-brown-pink, etc.  Maybe they'll be time to jot color first initials on a note pad.  If that doesn't work, then game over.    waiting   Help2
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Wed Feb 22 2017, 00:26

Agghh!  I didn't read the FAQ clearly (it was 3 a.m.-ish after all tongue ) and missed that don't get drops from crops! rub eyes  Put in carnations with no water (really glad there was no SG involved), and honeydew melons on Baha. bemused  cry 3  I can afford to rip out the carnations, but not the melons, so they'll have to finish before I put out my pens.  At least a good portion of both Baha fields are still trees, so it's not quite so painful there.  Was worried I might not have much time tomorrow for event start, since supposed to be gone most of the day, but long time trees and pens works well for me in that regard.  I'm wondering if they're throwing in a mini BBD, since breedings give drops?

Mindy, I use pattern recognition to try to remember things all the time, as well as word/image association (I need milk, bread, butter and crackers at the store, I need 4 things, I need m,b,b,c, My Baby Better Call).  Doesn't work all the time, but it helps.  I also tend to talk with my hands, which drives my husband bonkers, but if gesticulating wildly helps me, I ain't stoppin'. panic  I think I'll go the take a screen shot, post to paint route, see if that helps any.

Does anyone know if we can gift vouchers?  I can't find it in the FAQs.
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Wed Feb 22 2017, 00:41

I read on the DS that we can not gift the cake vouchers  doh
http://www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/cake-vouchers-gifting.27003/

I sure hope this event is more fun than it looks, lol  bemused
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Wed Feb 22 2017, 01:07

I wonder about magic trees, then?  Probably getting hosed out of drops from them, too. thinking
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Wed Feb 22 2017, 01:12

ALL of the broke farms will pass on this event.  No need to review faqs in detail here.  

First I'll take the Beeps compensation from the last goof.

Then I'll see about that spinning flower of death and log in issues.

This farm has nearly 450,000 cucumbers and lots will be dumped.  (An obvious buy for a long time and just a matter of when the pay off ... Now is fine as the farm is moving further into another area.)  Only about 50,000 apple will be dumped.  If possible, a few hundred thousand wheat will be dumped.  The farm must stay away from six billion at this time. 

Please notice the breeding (power feed use) encouragement!  

Best wishes with the event.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by annaquinn Wed Feb 22 2017, 01:31

I am not gifting until after the event starts - just in case the Mod is mistaken - the faxs don't definitely say it is not.
And the egg timer as far as I can tell is only obtained from the buyable baskets....  Nervous

Should be interesting calm
annaquinn
annaquinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Wed Feb 22 2017, 02:55

I too am not thrilled about this bake off. thinking I really don't like not being able to gift drops to my neighbors and friends. My short term memory is kaput. I have to make lists for everything! And the 5 second thing...WHAT??? shock faint  BP's glitches spoiled a 60sec mini game. I'm hoping that this doesn't turn into a disaster!!!!!

What I am completely excited about is being able to get a 3rd menagerie!!!!!  YESSS! :cheer on:Keeping enough animals for breeding & product manufactoring is eating up my farm space!
Plus I think there must be an event requiring products coming......b/c they sure are becoming scarce and expensive in my market.
Good luck everyone....and if anyone starts a timed baking test, please share tips or advice on how to conquer it. I'm super nervous!!! Nervous
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Wed Feb 22 2017, 03:38

spotsbox wrote:I wonder about magic trees, then?  Probably getting hosed out of drops from them, too. thinking
funny post giggle
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Wed Feb 22 2017, 12:27

GuineaUp, just thought about you and Mentor Brookeham.  

I'm visiting the spooky_broke farm.  Had to break down BAHA and the rain forest into crops now since crops will not give drops.  This no ep objective is really hard. And those poor chicken pens have been out for months and months and months and months and they must smell awful with no harvesting.  

And that stupid Fuzzles is just waiting to give me over 7,000 ep for a foolish move.  And no spinning the wheel anymore unless there is no ep on it.  (Still need about 15,000 ep to get the boot out of the nest .... just gotta stay with Mentor Brookeham for another birthday.)
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by alexis2112 Wed Feb 22 2017, 12:53

Guess I'm going to pass on this one as well, sigh.  farmer

I have little time to play right now, and although the prizes are tempting I can't begin to spend the time required to suss out the directions.

Good luck, everyone! May your cakes all be chocolate!  heart
alexis2112
alexis2112

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Wed Feb 22 2017, 14:23

Only got 3 drops from 1 field of peacocks.
30 drops for all 5 fields of trees.
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishamala Wed Feb 22 2017, 14:34

I just read on the italian forum, that the event has not gone live due to technical problems on some servers, and they are fixing it. On my farm there is no event, no drops, no "thingy that gives vouchers".  pc problems

Got 1 drop from 3 stables, but still no event timer.
Mishamala
Mishamala

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Wed Feb 22 2017, 14:52

I already got the cloud row and all givers
This is easy so far... worried when it goes to 3 cakes Yikes
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content