Hi I'm Brookeham

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi I'm Brookeham - Page 9 Empty Re: Hi I'm Brookeham

Post by Brookeham Tue Jan 09 2018, 08:01

pnp - Did I just forget that you had a Maine Coon too? Aren't they wonderful?

Thanks Willow! Our Gizzy is such a special cat. He is more connected to us than any male cat we've ever owned.
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Tue Jan 09 2018, 11:31

Yes, they are wonderful cat cuddle

We've had Simon since he was ready to be weaned from his mother in 2006. He is half Maine Coon so a bit smaller than others as his mom was a very petite lady. He is most bonded to our daughter and while he is more affectionate now, his early years were more 'look but don't touch' except for daughter. He sleeps with her, sits on her back while she reads and cries these horrible meows when she is not home.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Tue Jan 09 2018, 20:42

LOL pnp! Tonya must love having her own Maine coon that only adores her. 

Our Gizzy especially is connected to my hubby. He follows him everywhere just like a dog would. They have this cute little goodnight ritual before hubby goes to bed. Gizzy's meow is like a whimpy little baby....which sounds ridiculous coming from this enormous male. He does love too. When he wants pets or cuddles he comes to me.
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Sat Sep 22 2018, 01:23

Hi Guys! I'm back for a brief HELLO!!!!  group hug kissy

I'm still killer busy with AL. Getting ready for a Board meeting, Chapter Meeting and running a booth at the Central California Women's Conference which is featuring Maria Shriver as the guest speaker. Then up to Walnut Creek for a regional networking conference! I'm also putting together picture collages with 300 pics of Assitance League events for our Chapter House. My Presidency will end June 1, so I want to finish strong!

I was just about to embark on my kitchen remodel...but spoke to contractor yesterday and they cannot confirm to be done by Christmas(I've been working on it since May). And you all know Xmas is my big thing...so have decided to begin after the 1st of the year. I'm getting new everything!!! My cabinets are old and decrepit...and I need ease of use b/c of arthritis. My color scheme is black & white with a tad of gold. Can't wait!!!!
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Sun Sep 23 2018, 05:32

star colors So happy about the kitchen!  What an exciting time for you to get that upgrade!

You have been so busy with AL.  Your leadership has made great changes that will improve things for years to come.  I know everyone appreciates all you have done. full marks
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Sun Sep 23 2018, 21:39

Thanks Willow for your kind words! It wasn't just me. It was many ladies in our organization who had wanted to correct things for quite a while. I just happened to land as President, when the old one resigned b/c of turmoil. I then agreed to take on these wrongs and make them right! But this was accomplished with the support of many great women in our organization...along with our National Officers.

Kind of a funny story giggle .....A friend of mine(not in AL) was at the salon getting her hair done a week ago. Anyhow her stylist was telling her about this LA organization....and about a horrible, old President that was mean and not doing anything good for them. But she said now they have this new President who is nice and and making huge changes for the better! LOL She couldn't wait to call and tell me. Obviously the gal got it wrong...we are AL not LA....but I hope what she was saying was about me. My friend assures me that it was about me.
Makes the horrible last year worth it! heartbeat  calm
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Mon Sep 24 2018, 00:11

clap clap happy wave love shower dog lick heart
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Mon Sep 24 2018, 05:14

heartbeat  A great leader helps great things happen!  Of course many people wanted change and helped to bring it about, but a strong person at the helm makes all the difference. So delighted you got to hear such nice things after all you went through to help things be put right. heart
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Mon Sep 24 2018, 08:59

I'm really looking forward to my term being completed at the end of May. big grin This is a full time job!!! I didn't even try to work out my insurance problems since March to get my infusions b/c I was just too busy/tired with AL work. I did just get an infusion a few weeks ago.

I'm also doing 2 other Board positions b/c the Nominating Committee couldn't find anyone in last year's turmoil to do Strategic Planning and Public Relations....so guess who gets to do those too?  thinking scratch head shock faint ME!!!!  NodYes
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum