Hurricane Again!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hurricane Again!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Again!

Post by Will*O*Wisp Thu Sep 07 2017, 04:01

Hope the fires are not near you Brooke! Nervous

Guinea - I'm in northern Florida, near the capital Tallahassee, so thankfully don't have to deal with storm surge (just tornado and high wind damage Eek ).

Lots of people are coming to my area from the southern counties, but its still uncertain where ugly Irma will hit. We are on the west edge of the impact cone right now, unless there is another western wobble.

I have to give kudos to Jet Blue, for offering $99 flights out from every city where they operate to help people evacuate. clap clap

Interestingly, many Florida disaster recovery teams are in Texas helping them deal with their situation.  Hope they don't have to rush home to deal with more here!
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Thu Sep 07 2017, 10:20

Really smoky here too Brooke, 2 decent sized wildfires still burning within 25 miles of here filled this end of the Sacramento Valley with smoke so thick it looked like a fog bank. I could not even see the bottom fenceline of my 10 acres. Plus I think a lot of smoke is coming down from Oregon too. The down pour from the thunderstorms that rolled thru helped clean the air temporarily, but its back to smoky and hazy today. Blah... so tired of choking on it  blegh , and I feel soooo sorry for all my animals that can't get away from/out of it  cry 1  . The big bright red sun and spectacular sunsets sure are pretty to see, but glad I don't see them very often tho  pwetty

Sooo glad you are out of the storm surge threatened area Willow, but still the tornados and wind damage are no joke either, ugh! im okay
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Fri Sep 08 2017, 05:37

Brooke and Guinea - Hope some rain comes to deal with the fires! All that smoke can't be good for breathing.

Irma is currently wobbling west - and now I'm well inside the warning cone.  cry 1 Traffic is terrible on the interstate highways, and those moving north may not be able to outrun this storm.

Hurricane winds for my area by Sunday morning, if there is no change.  Much sooner for many other Florida folks playing the game.  Very glad I laid in my water and supplies early!  Stores are nearly stripped of basics, even in my area.
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Fri Sep 08 2017, 06:24

Scary Willow, not sure how you brave the storms that hit that state so often! I'd have to have a well stocked, well equipped underground   dig  bunker type of shelter   box   and be ready for anything like a doomsday prepper, lol 
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Fri Sep 08 2017, 07:33

heart bear hug bear hug stay safe  willow ill be praying for you :(( and thank you and all your friends for helping me I really appreciate it do you need help as well? :)) if you do please let me know :)) also ill be praying for Brooke and GuineaUp that they get some rain to help put out the fires and that they too stay safe :)) and id like to thank GuineaUp for all her help too :)) heart heart group hug group hug
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Fri Sep 08 2017, 11:44

Fingers crossed for all of you, that you be safe!!  That the damage is non existent or minimal, and that food and water stay available! 
(and that the internet stays working so we can hear from you how yr doing!) 
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Sat Sep 09 2017, 06:22

Thanks so much for the good wishes for all us Floridians! heartbeat We need the prayers and blessings for this one.   

Also remember those in Georgia, South Carolina and nearby states that will have Irma issues after it leaves Florida - and those on the islands that have suffered so much damage.
Marly - my pleasure to help out and pass the word on your need for drops. kissy I will gladly take any extras that come my way as well, in hopes of getting done before weather forces a shut down.

Guinea
- I would love an underground bunker, but that doesn't work well in my area. I do keep a stock of emergency supplies though. Hope the fires have lessened for you and Brooke.
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Sat Sep 09 2017, 17:57

Thanks all for good wishes for fires to soon be extinguished. kissy My Grandparents cabin(we no longer own) is in the path ofthe pier fire. It's right on the Tule river and holds so many precious memories of my childhood. Please pray for Springville and Doyle Springs. We do have some rain forcasted for Monday....but it may not come in time.

I am praying for all our farmers in Florida. I watched the news last night and Irma is a category 5(the worst) and is going to hit ALL of Florida.

Willow & MARLY - Are you leaving?? I'm praying for your safety.
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by AniE Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:57

Thinking of everyone in the path of the hurricanes! 
Marly and Willow, hope you are both okay!
AniE
AniE

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Sun Sep 10 2017, 04:25

Thanks for the good wishes AniE! love it 

Brooke - Thanks for the prayers! Sending prayers your way for rain and the protection of those towns.  bear hug I am sheltering in place, as I am not in an evac zone for storm surge or flooding and am on the west edge of the warning cone.  Forecast for my area is tropical storm winds beginning Sunday evening, with highest winds (up to hurricane force gusts) early Monday.  Power outages and tornado warnings probable, beginning Sunday and continuing through Monday evening at least.  Some good news with a drop to Cat 3 on the storm, though south Florida is still getting a hard time of it.

Blessing to you Marly - and anyone else in the path of Irma!
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Sun Sep 10 2017, 05:23

Glad you haven't blown away Willow!  whew

Been watching storm coverage on the weather channel... Holy Sheep  it's getting really ugly out there  Nervous . So many power outages already, ugh! Has anyone heard from Marly lately, or do you see her farms online???  panic2
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Sun Sep 10 2017, 20:47

Hurricane Again!  - Page 2 Smiley06 Holding on tight Guinea!  Wind is really picking up in my area now.

Marly is my neighbor, and I haven't seen her online yesterday or today. worry If all goes well, I hope to finish the event in the next few hours - barring power going down.
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Sun Sep 10 2017, 20:48

My daily prayer for MARLY and Willow!!!

Willow - I can't believe in your situation, you have the kindness to pray for us in CA. and our fires. Bless you!!! Since you are staying put, please be very careful. Do you have a plan B, in case water gets too high?
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Sun Sep 10 2017, 21:43

Hurricane Again!  - Page 2 Feuille3
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Mon Sep 11 2017, 02:15

I'm glued to the weather channel, I can't make myself stop watching! Those crazy weather reporters standing out in the wall of the eye getting beat with rain and fighting the 100mph winds like fools, practically getting blown on their butts.  who's there

Hope you still have power and finish the event Willow! Looks like Irma is coming for a visit  hai Hope its quick and painless

Nervous  I really hope Marly is doing ok ... she must have lost power already  don't know .
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum