Market exchange

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Market exchange - Page 18 Empty Re: Market exchange

Post by zensioux Fri Jan 20 2017, 00:30

Broke - FYI - My attention to this game goes in and out due to depression symptoms - not an excuse, just my reality. I appreciate you writing your feedback as soon as I am able. I did jump down to the bottom line. I guess I have been a naught naughty girl and did not complete my homework. In time. heart
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 02:29

Sleepy wrote:Always so telling but not telling. But I guess you do not want to share details on the forum itself. ....

I have presented the method for others to consider use if they choose.  No other has attempted to do that.    

What else would you care for me to explain?  And your question is?  

-------------------

The peacock low on this market is 9,326.  The farm has an offer for 40,000 peacocks at 8,050 each and she will pay the 10% listing fees also.  I refused.

hmmm That's 322 million after listing fees.  hmmmm No OA, no product or requirements! All rumor.  I'll gamble!
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 03:09

@zensioux

I feel you did a wonderful job.  Naughty?  No way.  My attention to the game goes in and out too.  ( cry 1  My spread sheets have not been updated in 2 - 3 weeks.  cry 1  I'll try someday soon ..... And I did enjoy the holidays.   thumbs up  )

If you wish to see ep then simply create a column with the ep in it as it is fixed.  

If you wish growth times or production times simply create column with the information that is useful to you.  That information does not change.

Want to see the total market value of what you have of say animals?

You have a column with your quantities. You found the market prices.  Simply create a column that multiplies the quantity times the market value of each item and sum the column. 
(This will give information for your farm at a single point in time.  Price changes in the market and your transactions will change your sums.  Whenever, if ever we place the data into the spread sheet again then we have new information and can begin comparisons.)  

Farmerama is a game and EV analysis is nothing more than a game too.  I find many know nothing about this method or will do it.  

Over time I have manged to create a "one stop shop" for this farm. Each of us is our own limitation.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20 2017, 03:20

farmer_broke wrote:Out of all the animals there are two with immediate ccs in them (if one is ahead of their market).  I went to a farm today and ran through the market and went straight to the animal. The animal still sat on the market under priced and offers had been there for days.  It was clear.  BP will do something with the animal I am sure.  Next I went to that animal's feed on the market.  It too remained under priced.  I went to the feed ingredients and one of the ingredients was significantly under priced.  And there is more to it and all indicate an adjustment on the way and the market players do not see it ...... yet!  They will somehow. 

This for example, it does not help, it is frustrating to players new to the market. If you are new to the market you do not see this.

So, in my opinion, instead of being vague it is better to tell what animals you talk about or not tell it at all.

I have a very strong opinion on this subject that it can be simplified and that it does not need dozens of posts telling left and right what one did. But I may be wrong, it may well need all those postings. I am no billionaire, so know nothing about that. So I keep following this thread  :)

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 04:35

@Sleepy
I do not care how frustrated you, or an inexperienced player or any novice gets with my explanation.  If you read carefully then you will see I make it clear that this is not an introductory topic.  

I can handle a strong opinion or garbage.  Bring it on if you choose.

No, I will not tell you or this forum the answer.  Giving the answer does not encourage use of the method or to find weakness in the method.

I will tell you this:

There are three I know are working on using EV analysis now.  One is a member of our forum and two are not.  

One individual has spotted the animal and the second.

One has spotted the second animal, the feed and ingredients related to the second. 

One has spotted the feed and crops only and has not connected the relationships in order to see the animal ... yet.  

Sleepy, I choose to give them time to see whatever they choose to see.  And thank goodness neither of them have attempted to bring breeding animals into the discussion.  (I can only wait for their desire to surface if it ever does.  And if it does and they wish to discuss then I will guide them as far as they wish or that I can go.)

Sleepy, I truly wish I knew a way of shortening the explanation.  From prior experience trying to explain to others, generation of the ratio(s) is not the hardest part nor will it hold ones interest.  Of course I that you can generate a spread sheet and a ratio and hundreds more if you choose.   After that point, there is the interpretation.  Backgrounds are different here and imagine the diverse backgrounds existing in the En Forum.  

I have yet to see an interpretation which one can defend come in a few days.  Garbage surfaces immediately and I will not entertain it.  But if they are legitimately trying, I will say: "have you considered this?  or that?"  And they reach a new level for themselves.  And they are able to help another if they choose and in their own way.  I do not care.  

I do not know all there is about using this method nor can I see how anyone can or does, including the developers of this game.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 04:54

@Sleepy

Some frustrated?  I wish you could read the beautiful explanation given to me by the individual who can see part of the information but has yet to put it all together.  I can see the growth.  

But the individual has a weakness that you do not have.  This individual has yet to solve their inability to generate a spread sheet.  They are learning a spread sheet package also.  

And I can see the ability that the individual has in interpreting whatever they have. (Once an individual begins, I do not need their numbers to engage in a discussion.)  

And because they are able to interpret what they already have well, in a moment I will send them an igm with the animal.  The purpose is to further encourage them to see more if they choose, provide them with a success and spur their interest in learning a spread sheet package.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 04:59

@Sleepy

I can give an individual the answer again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again ....

OR

I can explain how to find the answer once!  <----- my choice!  Each to their own.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20 2017, 05:10

Well you are contradicting here then.

Why send an IGM with the animal in question if you do not wish to explain it again and again but only wish to do it once on how to find the answer. If you did explain how to find the answer the person in question does not need the IGM with the animal name.

But if you are guiding some players, are they not new to this then? Otherwise they would not need help. So you say this is not for the new but still need to teach?

But good for you that you do not care if anyone gets frustrated  :)

And nice that some are happy in the help you provide them  thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 06:54

@Sleepy

There is no contradiction here. Why send the igm?  Because the individual can see the second animal clearly and  there is a very possible reason why the first cannot be seen.  

Remember, the market price of any item is taken at a specific point in time.  Players often buy at whatever the price is in order to have some minimum number perhaps.  If I stumble upon the animal simply taking the market prices then I accept the price as listed as being a good number and blindly put that number into my spread sheet then an EV rate will be computed for me.  Well, the EV ratio includes that market price. 

(And it can be influenced by a simple recording error.  In your spread sheet showing tree fruit, put in a market price of 999 for an apple and you will see.)  That ratio that the spreed sheet computes is not so accurate by itself then.  The ratio may even indicate that others are beginning to find the animal too and I do not know. We would immediately know from that apple rate (placing 999 as the market price) that something is not right.  

I know the individual does not have weeks and weeks of ratios to review.  There is also more information that can be seen from trends in prices.  A trend based on a ratio is decent and used all of the time in various real life settings.  There is no reason to hide the fact that trends exist in the game but there is no reason to go into an in-depth discussion of trends unless the individual desires to do so and is minimally prepared to do so.  

I am able to find out what has prevented the identification of the animal.  I can explain what I see with certainty to them.  Finding the animal is the answer to a very simple question.  And don't believe I will tell them the answer again to the same or a similar question.  The explanation is centered on the "how" and the "why."  

And there will be whatever the next thing that interests the player.  

And the player will come less and less from a naive position and more from a knowledgeable position each time.  I know they will seek reassurance that what they see is reasonable.  All I can do is to agree or disagree.  At some point they either reach the point where they are happy and stop or we go to some other area.    

I do not see how one can explain just the above in a beginning explanation and have any hope whatsoever of not overwhelming an individual.  When they are overwhelmed the chance increases that they will stop.  

No this is not contradictory at all and there is direction.  

And get this:  I have never gone wrong when using this method and the farm has billions of ccs to look at and billions in the barn to prove it and I have chosen to do it.  And I can be wrong and very wrong and I know it.  And many times I do not believe what I see.

And I want an answer too!  I know the item.  I want to know why that pink jelly remains so under priced? and when developers are going to adjust it? and how they are going to do it? and how can this farm best capitalize on it?  and what part breeding plays in that adjustment if any? help   No! Why!  And I don't want garbage or something that I cannot defend.

Yup And I simply take the risk of explaining the method to others.  

This is not like lettuce and I know lettuce has increased in price over 18 times since I began playing this game with 1,000 or so ccs.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 08:03

Sleepy wrote:...

But if you are guiding some players, are they not new to this then? ...
All knew EVs existed but not ways of using them or analyzing related EV ratios.  All three have higher level farms in the game than this farm is.  Some items I have no access to market prices nor do I care.  If any choose to discuss an item I do not have access to I will simply admit that I do not have access.  At that point I can only suggest what I would look at and why.  Ya see, they are on their own in that regard.

If one chooses to find other uses, one will quickly find there is more to EV analysis than available in determining some buy-rate for a Harvest Hoedown tree fruit donation.

Once I can even remember tossing this whole EV analysis foolishness out the window and purchasing 125,000 chickens and I was glad that I did.  (I did glance at the charts periodically though.)  Today the farm has difficulty maintaining even 10,000 chickens.  

whahahaha ((Sleepy, I can just picture Mooboy (we're strategy buddies) laughing to himself saying:  Look at the mess broke got himself into this time with Exchange Values.))

I know many get frustrated in the beginning if they choose to attempt this.  But I cannot care as much as I would like to.  That frustration continues.  But when an individual gets going then that individual will think back at their beginning and know for themselves that I truly did care. And perhaps they will even understand how very hard it is for me not to answer somethings directly.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 13:11

@Sleepy

Oh I reread your post and find it wonderful: 

Beautiful:    

I have a very strong opinion on this subject that it can be simplified and that it does not need dozens of posts telling left and right what one did. But I may be wrong, it may well need all those postings.

Well you do it.  I'm ready to learn.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Fri Jan 20 2017, 13:54

I am a -probably too much- simple person. I stopped reading when you didn't name the animal. I couldn't go look in my market to see what you were saying, and at that point I couldn't understand the rest of your post. 

My simple mind to blame I guess. Most of what you write is beyond me, I'm sorry to say. I do hope others find a lot of info there though! 

But the frustration Sleepy names, probably came from me. I think I told him I was frustrated with you for not naming clearly the two birds you were talking about, and therefor making the learning impossible for me. 

But again, that's just me!  frustration

I guess I should just ASK you, Broke, which two birds were you talking about?  scratch head
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Fri Jan 20 2017, 13:57

Tookie, its not just you...
Too much babble about a whole lot of nothing.  
Not helpful in any way, shape or form.
Sry broke, just my opinion~
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20 2017, 15:54

@farmer_broke Well I may have been naïve the past week in thinking you would share some spreadsheet info with us and explain what/how/why you use it. As you where the one asking for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Fri Jan 20 2017, 15:57

I think broke is about 80% more analytical person than we are!  farmer
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next