Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 15 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by spotsbox Sun Aug 20 2017, 23:45

I'll have to try that, pups, when I have some time...whenever that might be... guy blush   Sounds like a good thing to do on a cold winter day while the stew's cooking in the crock pot. tasting

Love the honey idea, Guinea!  I'm also a bread lover, tho I can't make it for anything - always turns out weighing as much as a small truck hmz2 .  Doing the low carb thing right now, can't have any bread products GaaH! , which makes is really difficult to enjoy pizza when all you can eat is the toppings, lol.  On the upside, I've lost a couple pant sizes of extra cushioning, so I guess I'll keep at it.  calm
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?  - Page 15 Empty Re: Food Topic: What's for eatin' ?

Post by spotsbox Sun Sep 03 2017, 03:00

[list=expanded]
[*]

• krusteaz pancake batter, thicker than usual

Directions
1.    In a large bowl, mix the three meats.
2.    Saute onion in butter until translucent, not brown.
3.    In a separate container, add eggs, oatmeal and milk. Beat.
4.    Add all of the spices to the egg mixture and mix well.
5.    Add the cooked minced onions and the liquid.
6.    Beat until fluffy.
7.    Form meatballs with 1/2 cup meat.
8.    Preheat oven 400*.
9.    Spray Pam on baking pans.
10. Place meatballs on greased pans, bake 15 minutes.
11. Cool.
12. Insert a wooden stick in the middle of each meatball.
13. Heat oil to 375*.
14. Dip in the pancake batter. Batter should not be drippy.(A spoon can be used to cover the top of the meatball by the stick.).Cook until a golden brown. Roll to cook all sides.
15. Serve with a napkin wrapped around the stick.

[/list]
(ignore the links, they inserted themselves automatically when I copied the recipe, and I don't know how to get them out.)
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Sun Sep 03 2017, 04:03

Wow spots....that sounds great! clap clap It's almost the same as my meatloaf recipe....minus the pancake batter and ginger!!!
I'm going to try it this week!!!!!
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzy22 Tue Oct 24 2017, 02:03

What's for eatin', you ask?  hungry     Nottin' -- nottin' at all. don't know

Made a meatloaf, peeled potatoes for mashed potatoes -- half hour and oven hasn't beeped that it's preheated.  Oven won't heat up.  Elements are fine, everything looks okay on control panel, temp etc. appears on control panel, but no heat in the oven.  Hubby and I tried everything.  Ugh.  We just bought a new washer and dryer! losing money

So dinner tonight is:  Make your own!

I'll have to call a repair guy to see if it's cheaper to repair or just buy a new one. GaaH!

No! Why! head bang hmpf im okay
jazzy22
jazzy22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Tue Oct 24 2017, 11:55

Always when you can't use the breakdown eh?! We too just had to replace our oven! But boy do we use it a lot! (glad mom and dad chipped in for a good one though) 

Hopefully a repair will do! 

Meatballs and mash from the pan instead?
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Tue Oct 24 2017, 14:39

Or can ya put the meatloaf in a crockpot for tonight?  hungry
Hope the oven is fixable, rather than having to buy a new one  losing money
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzy22 Tue Oct 24 2017, 18:12

Yes, Guinea -- that's what I did this morning.  Into the crock pot.  

We'll see what Mr. Repairman says -- not having him come until Thursday -- too much to do today and tomorrow.  In the meantime, it's bbq season in October. :)

Ooo - meatballs, tookie!  Too late for those.  cooking
jazzy22
jazzy22

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Wed Oct 25 2017, 04:38

Sorry about the oven, Jazzy. there there   Hope it's an easy repair.

Dinner for me will be cheese sandwich or omlet - got in from vacation to an empty fridge!  ghehe Shopping for food tomorrow, right after work!
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzy22 Wed Oct 25 2017, 19:51

Looking like just under (or around) 500 buckaroos to fix (with tax).  Ugh.  Still cheaper than a new one, but my, oh, my -- and Christmas is coming too.   losing money losing money losing money losing money losing money

At least I'll have an oven for the turkey!   thumbs up
jazzy22
jazzy22

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Wed Oct 25 2017, 21:47

Ouch... that's a spendy repair!  ZAP  
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzy22 Wed Oct 25 2017, 22:10

It's the control panel, apparently -- and Frigidaire gallery series is supposedly one of the more expensive ones.  I looked it up online from a couple of online parts stores, and the repair guy's price for the part is actually cheaper.  Then add labour. But, yes, either way -- very spendy!   broke
jazzy22
jazzy22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Oct 26 2017, 01:08

I know the feeling though... "there's no way I'm gonna be without an oven!"  
We got some help buying the new one, (we didn't dare trust the old one after twice it started melting on its own.... ) and now we are extremely happy with the new one. We cook with it every day really. 

and it has this wonderful friendly little clock, that's nice to read on yr way to the bathroom in the middle of the night...  pchaha  (yeah, I gotto go through the kitchen to get to the toilet in the hallway... LOL) 
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzy22 Thu Oct 26 2017, 01:17

The stove is only 8 years old.  Same thing happened with our fridge (Kitchenaid) -- cost a fortune.

Going to show my age, but they just don't make things well anymore.  When our parents bought a fridge and stove, it lasted their adulthood -- and was passed on to someone's cottage or something later. lol.

Even houses today -- I tell my kids all the time, "Those houses won't be around in 100 years."

Okay, onward to positive thoughts. lalalalala   bloempie dancing
jazzy22
jazzy22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Thu Oct 26 2017, 16:04

ghehe, yr not the only one who sometimes longs for the old days.... I think every generation eventually longs for their own old days... I never thought I would, but I am too... the way more silent world back then... the not so mobile phone, with a circular disk to "dial" the number.... the good old black and white TV with no remote... and radio was still fun to listen to. I loved our toys too... books, kaleidoscope, roller skates, viewmaster, loco, and most of all, something called OUTSIDE.  
things like twigs and stones, and pineapple-cones.... Ants and bugs and fruit trees,picking apples and boy do I miss the blackberries.... I miss not having to do anything.... i miss the gentleness from those days. The decency too. 

I guess I'm old too. (and I'm only 42...) 

* looks in mirror*  Eek
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by mindy1701 Fri Oct 27 2017, 05:04

Ooooo, come to my house in the summer.  Blackberries have taken over nearly 1/2 the backyard.  We had to cut a lot of them back this year to keep them from completely taking over my little acre.  There are always lots of berries for eating - so much better than what you find in the grocery store.
mindy1701
mindy1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum