New Farm

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Farm Empty New Farm

Post by baw815 Sat Nov 04 2017, 15:37

Call it boredom, insomnia or just plain "What was she thinking?" . . . I started a new farm.  I am level 13 currently.  I am getting red leaves as drops on wheat and carrots.  I did, till I got the quests for the trophies, now just a pittance.  

Getting money is the hardest part.  The prices in the market are so high, I sometimes can't even sell for the amount moving the marker to the highest it will go.  I also don't usually have enough to pay the 10% fee.  

My poo pile was filling up, I only have 100, it was 87 or something.  The price for poo was so high in the market that to sell 50 I needed almost 20,000 for the 10%.  I kept playing with the numbers till I found I could sell 10 and get 21,000.   I sold that immediately, as soon as I went to look it wasn't listed and it was taken from my poo amount.  Then I listed the 50.  I used F5 and now I had 180,000.  Spending spree, actually I used the money to buy 2 bears, at 4,300 a pop.

How does anyone do it today?  Especially on a free farm.
baw815
baw815

Back to top Go down

New Farm Empty Re: New Farm

Post by farmer_broke Sat Nov 04 2017, 16:46

All of my farms totally free farms.  The very best time to begin a new farm is just befor th start of an event.

As fast as I can I get 44 chicken pens!  The level up is then only a cc play.  

As soon as I can I go to the market and begin puling names for neighbors.  No need to write a message, just type in the name and send.

By the time they answer I'm ready to clear the meadow and it is a done deal.  Get 44 for chicken pens are the farm is rolling.

I forget the bears and junk till later.  

I told a mentor how to do it and she leveled up and out of a nest in less than 48 hours.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by baw815 Sat Nov 04 2017, 16:49

So do you sell the chickens or the poo or both?
baw815
baw815

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sat Nov 04 2017, 17:04

Sell the poop immediately.  Buy the feed as your mill cannot keep up.  If you wish, run rabbits at night.

I was selling the chickens for whatever I could get.  Now you get into what your goal is.  You can use the chickens in the early quests although very expensive.  Just buy the apples and walnuts and plums and peaches as the quests become available.

What I what is that quest prickly pirate or something like that.  Just look at your farm for the requirements and look at the amount of ep too.  It is crazy.  

If you get a mentor then get them to send you egg farms.  They will help with the timed quest later and you will use no tools.  You'll be gone soon anyway.  Leave those animal pen alone and sell the chicken poop and chickens if you like.  Send um love points and they will be happy.  

Forget the first event as you can be an event nut from here on in.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sat Nov 04 2017, 19:32

At level 14 the magical glade opens.  Same game ... more chickens.  In order to get more land my focus changes to CHEAP stars.  I'm buying the cheapest stars that are available.  I know that the breeding quests do begin to open up.  I only do up to and including all of step three.  Cheap stars.  

More stars equals more land equals more chickens.  

The 50 stars needed for BAHA will not help me during an event.  The length of the event is my limit.  

At level 17 the meadow becomes available and that is why I want neighbors.  And that equals 44 more chicken pens.  Same game!   

I begin to do the low levels of the crop trophy followed by the animal trophy.  I get no ep but I get a cheap star. 

I sell that poop because the event is going to stop. 

an event junkie is nearing birth
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by hatzeva Sat Nov 04 2017, 22:26

rub eyes    bemused  wow

This is not at all how I started my farm back in January 2011   giggle

But very interesting to learn! Thanks broke for the lesson and thanks baw for bringing it up!

baw good luck with your new farm, if you need neighbours - send me an invite. I think I have space.
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sun Nov 05 2017, 20:17

I began a farm, ripoff_broke, about a day and a half ago.  It is now level 29 and has three of the four tracks open in the glade, meadow is cleared, and 118 chicken pens working.  It even has done one step of the event using the outlying 1x1s and 1x2s.  

I make a decision now!  It will take 65 more stars (cheapest) in order to get ten more chickens pens for the glade OR 

50 stars to open BAHA.  (GOOD INFO:  There are no quests open for BAHA yet and some of the now cheap quests require BAHA trees.  I will see the trees once BAHA is open though.)  

Do I want the last ten tracks of land?  

My answer this time is NO! (in time but not too long) Why?  I want to open the cheap BAHA quests, ALL but one BAHA quest reward stars anyway which I can use for the last ten tracks later, AND I want to get that mill spinning (parrot feed first) but spinning. Cheap golden bananas begin to come as well as more stars.

Chickens pooping away and two days left in the event.  hahaha  I must keep buying chicken feed for sure now and wheat to keep that mill spinning.  CCs rolling in with the poop sales 
but I must buy chicken feed.  (I'll tell you what else I'll begin buying next post.  And the real easy ccs and the ripoff really begins to take form.)

Remember you asked the question of whether to sell the chickens.  I'm not but one can and I'll tell you why not real soon. (I think the farm has over 1,000 chickens now.  Easy ccs just sitting but there is more and I'll hold them for a little while and explain.)

I'm not even thinking about starting that breeding foolishness yet either.  There is about 2,200 power feed that accumulates through the quests.  

(You think chickens are insanity, ....... just wait .... this gets real entertaining.)
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by hatzeva Sun Nov 05 2017, 22:28

Interesting indeed!

Back when I started poo was so cheap I put it on Rubarb and anything taking longer. It was about 0.30 CC/poo, at most, for years.

Back when the whole manure revamp took place our friend Mooboy predicted what we are now seeing.

An interesting factor is that BP increased our max amount of manure we can hold, which levelled the effect of high price a bit but not enough. (The extended manure pile is to me one of the best improvements made to the game   thumbs up)

I love selling poo these days, but hate having to buy it   viking battlecry
hatzeva
hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Nov 06 2017, 02:11

@hatzeva

(I'm trying to stay on the topic of "new farm" and there is much much more I can offer about poop pricing and game mechanics.)

Yes, I agree that the "new farm" is quite interesting.

Nearly EVERY-TIME that there has been a growing based event has been an excellent time for beginning a new farm. Briefly, the beauty of it is the temporary poo price versus the price of other items (especially those called for in quests).

I'll check ripoff_broke and continue here.  

There is no learning curve for me with this "new farm" as I probably have begun 75 - 100 new farms and found/fine the tricks.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Nov 06 2017, 03:22

Harvested more chickens and sold the poop.  Leveled up two more times with quests to get cheap stars.  Now 33 stars and 17 more to go to open BAHA and quests and tree fruit.  Now level 32  (I can 2, 4, and 6 stars from dogs, goose, and frog but frog too too expensive yet.)

Mill still spinning, about 32 hours left, enough chicken feed ready for two more rounds and buying more of it and wheat too <---- wheat is going to be a problem soon with all this back to back events but no worry now.  

Event crops in outside areas for step three of event and that is about it for this farm.  Now it is headed toward being an event junkie .... maybe.

NO, I am not selling the chickens.  I'll answer why.  For the Baha quests one can easily use about 800 anaconda.  The heck with producing them though as one can sell the finished feed for more and buy the anaconda cheaper.  (ching ching)  For 800 anaconda one will need 3,200 chickens and 1600 rabbits and a little less than a month of mill time. 

Rabbit hutches are only 350 ccs each so may as well just give me about 100 to begin.  I'll get around to it. One can produce 1600 rabbits in about 8 days harvesting two times a day ... but I want to mill the feed ............. and I need chicken feed for next time.

As one levels up, more quests become available.  I'll look for the cheap ones as they do.  I want that milk quest and it does not come with the cows. MM quests become available but there is no need to even look at those as one cannot do anything about them.

(The new player does not know all this and most older players do not want to spend the time to put it all together.  There is method to the madness.)

And I can't forget to send luv points to the mentor because I'll be saying goodbye soon anyway.  hmmmmm .... about two days now .....  hahaha .... 

If one wants to just hurry and leave the nest then there are two ways and one is obvious is to now hurry and sell all the chickens and buy stars and ep.  There is an even faster way and I'll entertain you in a while.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Nov 06 2017, 04:16

Chickens ready, poop sold, 17 stars bought, BAHA open, sugar cane purchased and in the ground.  

The single step of two quest I will do is I believe I can fly or Marigolds Magic Trees.  Next poop harvest and sale and it's  a done deal.  Each level up in BAHA rewards a star and only TEP.  <----- Just do one step and one will get 20 golden bananas which is plenty enough to do what I want to do below. (I'll be short a single golden banana so I'll do the quest for two levels but still only one chicken poop turn.) 

I need to level up 5 times on BAHA to get the parrots, grapes, bananas and monkeys open.  I want to get that mill spinning.  I want those monkeys open soon because there is an event that needs them soon.  (BAHA is a sink hole if one is not really careful.  There are early tricks to success.)  

I need that chicken poop!  Later for BAHA details.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Nov 06 2017, 05:30

After a single chicken poop turn, grapes, bananas, parrots and monkeys are now open.  The mill is spinning parrot feed.  

I need that chicken poop.

Only three stars.  So what!  Well I guess I can sleep farm and have about 24 hours left in the event.  

I think I'll do quest just to check out of the nest before the event ends.  But same game until then.  I need chicken feed as mill cannot keep up.  I also need hay and carrots to begin milling rabbit feed soon.   Chickens start pooping! 

It is time to something really insane again!  

This time I'll take about 500 apple trees.  Should get that in about two chicken poop turns.  
I don't really want to do any thinking so I can harvest two times a day and should get between 500,000 and 750,000 a day with no thought.  But I have to set this up.

(Who knows if I'll ever return to the farm when out of the nest.)

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..... no gift from the mentor yet today.......  

Well this one will get the broke boot and we'll get a new one ...... out!
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Nov 06 2017, 08:54

I'll need to work on something so later for the farms.  The farm is set up to do four animals of petting zoo (all the feed came from the quests worked  with no intention and the pens were bought from the last poop round), 100 apple trees sit in inventory (only 400 or so more to buy), the event crop for BAHA is being grown (have time to plant again and the TEP is given as reward---a true event junkie now.....shame shame), BAHA mill is spinning parrot feed, main mill spinning more chicken feed for later, level 33, 18 stars, and Baha level 7 with 9 golden bananas sitting.

The 200 cheap stars are now being thought about for the rain forest  .... but not this event ... many finishing event and starting poop farming .....

The farm can get over 4 million ccs quickly for the chickens if that is the choice. NO 

New mentor sent power feed and they are on borrowed time anyway now.

Cheap tree fruit was given for crop trophy which is at 5 and of course the stars came.

Animal trophy is at 3 and the least for EV points was given and the stars came too.

******* Want to be at level 40 and out of the nest real real quick?  Although one cannot see artisan products in the market until level 40, friends can send EP artisan products which one can use from the barn and be out of a nest in a few hours. ******

29 more event hours left!  

And not even a thought to growing a crop!  Fooooooooor what?

One more day left to this farm.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by mytzogan Mon Nov 06 2017, 09:55

fells like im reading the dayry of a farmer ^^ farmer
altough very good tips for a new farm thy broke
and srsly 75-100 farms can u manage all those in a day questionmark
mytzogan
mytzogan

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Nov 06 2017, 19:17

75-100 farms!  I don't even remember the names of nearly all and they go away.  So what.  The tutorials is what I like seeing as I can see many changes BP is making.  Like BP uses one super grow on crest in the tutorial.  They sell super grow!  

Really why the monkeys so quickly on Baha?  Remember f unds are rolling in quickly from poop.  The monkey really gives me access to the bikini quest.  It gives stars and TEP.  That TEP will level the new farm up quickly and it can get more land sections quickly.  Only three sections are a must a the last takes one too far in the temple just yet.  

Baha cannot be allowed to drain the ccs.  Baha must work for me and not ME work to maintain Baha.  

Now the mill is slowly spinning, just about all of the event crop is grown for a single step, the drops are there and the mill is ready to mill a single whatever in order to get the power feed.  The needed sugar cane can be purchased from the seed shop. (More on the seed shop to come.)  

Those early stars from Baha will help on more land.  Still time in the event so I want no more than five pooping parrots.  (I won't have feed for anymore anyway.)  Keep the fields as active as one can but not to the point of loosing for too long.  Later for a passion fruit but soon. (quests, elephant feed! but there is time for the elephant as peanut butter is too expensive.)
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top