Market exchange

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Market exchange - Page 12 Empty Re: Market exchange

Post by -Mir85- Mon Jan 16 2017, 14:14

Before HH I increased to 1 CC/EV in the end. How the market is now I couldn't say  don't know think I have developed market-phobia  Help2
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2017, 14:30

there there I hope there is a cure for that  bear hug

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Mon Jan 16 2017, 14:36

I am going for a nice cup of tea coffee  and some market free time  ghehe
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2017, 14:38

You are like Tookie now then, only she does it permanently  giggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Mon Jan 16 2017, 14:41

Well, i will admit to the fact that I occasionally (very very véry occasionally) run into the market, put stuff up for sale and run away again. But usually it's the wrong stuff, for the wrong price and in a week I get it all back. 
hmz2
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Mon Jan 16 2017, 15:22

giggle feel better 

coffee
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Mon Jan 16 2017, 15:51

Tookie, I do that too. Half of my items sell and the rest half comes back to me in a week.  big grin
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 16:03

I am sorry I was not really clear there oh the shame I just wanted a simple number ghehe

I know you all use a certain rate at which you buy or not. Say 1 CC for every EV.

It is not really difficult to make charts here on this forum.
Say for example you buy at a rate of 0.8 or lower always, and never above 1.2. One could make a chart like this:

Fruit type
Exchange Value
Buy rate: 0.8
OK rate: 1
Leave rate: 1.2
Apple6048 CC60 CC72 CC
Maple sap170136 CC170 CC204 CC
@Sleepy
You are on the right track and way ahead of yourself.  You can get it and go as far as you want with EV analysis.  

You are using tree fruit, fine!  Each has their own rate and it can change and suddenly change widely.  You have a "buy rate."  How did you determine it? (Don't answer.)  That OK rate is no good.  Once a buy rate is determined, that rate is applied to ALL tree fruit and you would not pay .01 cc more.  (Changes are made.)  

For your own information I can tell you with certainty that their was a leak in the quest information.  There has been a material increase in the price of golden leaves for several weeks now.  (That increase was so material that this farm completely stopped selling them until today.)
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Mon Jan 16 2017, 16:15

Broke - Thank you for your initial elementary explaination. Thank goodness, you knew what i meat and not what I said. I do not have a precise nature no matter how hard I try. - I just except my flaws, laugh  (or cry) & move on. 

It easier for me to understand theories so I look forward to reading more about how to use the CC/EV ratio to analyse whether to buy or not. Also, how long one will have to sit on a purchase that's CCs are low for it's CC/EV ratio. 

Since, we are in the same forum again, maybe I will try and learn some more about the market so I can finance my buying of the top breeding animals to throw away into the ethers of the breeding FSQs.  big grin

Currently, I am like Toekie and 12sss12, but it seems like I'm a tiny bit more adventurous than Mir - at the moment. ghehe I will probable get my 100 chickens back in a few days girl blush , because I was too greedy and sold them too high & too late during the recent buying frenzy. OH-well, I made about 6M selling some other animals so the loss will not hurt too bad.  cry 1

Do you every loss out anymore, because you have priced things too high? This is what I don't like about the market. Loss
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 16:16

An example:

All products have an EV including pheromones.

Pheromones were free at one time.

Then they could be sold.  The EV was set at 500.

Barns were full of them and they began selling for about 5 ccs and when they reached 55cc this farm had purchased 1.2 million of them.  

No one understood EV at all and thought I was crazy (well a little).

The initial EV rate was 5 divided by 500 which is .01 .

My friends in the forum were loading pheromone trees on the train and giving them away.

.01    .01     .01    .01

Mir said she was selling for about 1,250 . 

That rate is 1,250 / 500 which is 2.50

Anyone who knew anything about EVs would have purchased at a rate of .01 and definitely not load the trees on trains.  

Knowledge of the game was enough to know that developers were NOT going to leave pheromones at the .01 initial rate.

How would they change it?   Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding .... BREEDING!

And look at the frequency of breeding events today!
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Mon Jan 16 2017, 16:28

Broke - I remember some of those posts when you introduced EV & used Pheromones as an example. Your predictions came true! Is how I remembered it. 

I was one of those people who tossed their Scent trees onto the train. I eventually got them back during B&T. I have about 44. Mainly, because I am impatient when I breed & do not want to pay 1250 ccs for them. I never would, because i know I can buy them from the game for 1000. They were never "free". They were given away a lot & the many many trees were given away in events, but otherwise we had to pay 1000 cc for each Pheromone. In the real early early does I would do this. 

I your opinion, what would be a good animal for me to focus on since I primarily raise animals? When I do sell something, it is usually an animal. I can see making a profit easier with an animal.
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 16:29

zensioux wrote:
Do you every loss out anymore, because you have priced things too high? This is what I don't like about the market. Loss

During the current event this farm has generated well over 300 million ccs.  Yes, the farm will loose sometimes.  So what?  I even plan for it.  

For this reason I always suggest one play lettuce.  Lettuce is cheap, one will make errors, the market is slow and patience is developed.  This way when one plays a 1,000 chicken or a 30 million cc breeding animal one understands somewhat what must be done and the importance of listing properly.

There are times the farm will list at a price that I do not expect to sell (but some do).  Why? Because I know some will undercut me and I can buy them cheap.   hahahahahaha  At worse, I will loose on 30 to buy hundreds or thousands to sell at a profit.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 16:36

I get pheromones free, still,  every single day.  We can gift them.  It's like sending someone ccs every single day or receiving them.  

They could not be sold before and there was no EV just as there is no EV today for power feed.

Careful with that buying pheromones for 1,000.  I buy them sometimes when they are offered at a discount but never at 1,000 (risk of loss too high for me but maybe good for someone else.)
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Mon Jan 16 2017, 16:37

I had a felling you where playing those kind of games. It is a good thing that none of the Broke farms are on my market. I re-looked it up. I'm on market 20. I look on some list, and you were not there. Yea! for me, but who knows - you still might be here.  whahahaha

Dah! Your right & I'm wrong. Yes, they are the only gift i send out unless someone asks for something specific & I can remember.

I only bought at 100 during my 1st year which was about 5 or 6 years ago. I got smarter & to cheap!
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Mon Jan 16 2017, 16:44

Any farm I have on any other market is not set up to really bother the market.  The farms were set up so I could see what someone else saw and could help them a little as they were trying to learn.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top