Market exchange

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Market exchange - Page 19 Empty Re: Market exchange

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 16:29

@cylentlea123

No sorry necessary.  

I agree, this is too much babble about nothing and not helpful to me in any way, shape or form either.  My decision is to openly admit that my use of EV analysis is a waste of time and I will not discuss the method in any open forum again.  Thank you very much for your kind words.

@Tookie

I apologize for any frustration that disclosure of my use of EV analysis has caused you. There is no excuse for my behavior and I will do my best not to bring such frustration to others regarding this method again.  Please forgive me.

@Sleepy

Comments have been made and the method disclosed to the best of my ability while considering the abilities and comments of others.  As a fully qualified master teacher, I will maintain my standards to the like or dislike of others.  

In the event that my posts do not meet your standards, please feel free to delete them.  My intent is to leave them alone and let them stand on their own.  Please do not use the method described and I beg no one to even consider it.

Please accept my apology for any disturbing thoughts which may have surfaced.  I will do my best and see to it that this will not happen again.  Thank you very much for taking a few moments of your time in order to interact with me.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Fri Jan 20 2017, 16:56

Please, don't take it so hard, my comments were not meant to hurt you, just to express my own frustration in not being able to understand all the things you've written, but that doesn't mean that others don't take lessons from what you say and teach! I know for sure that at least Brooke and Meba seriously do enjoy what you write! I just wish I understood it too! 

But for me personally, it's not a reason for you to stop writing. The thing about this forum is, that there IS room for ALL opinions and strategies! And no one has to hide or shut themselves or their opinions away! 

That is most definitely not what I wanted to achieve when saying what I said. I think the "please forgive me" should be coming from me in this case.
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Fri Jan 20 2017, 17:00

Broke - I was finally able to catch up on your posts. I will have to re-read parts to fully grasp on the intricacies of your points. I for one recognize your teaching style and applaud it. You are clear that you are not gone to dummy down your lessons and that your lessons are not for everyone.

My big question to myself is do I want to spend the time needed to learn the lessons that you have to teach? I have no doubts that what you after to teach will be a game changer for me that will allow me to buy the high breeders that I so desire. In addition the knowledge that can be gained about EV analysis can be transferred to other areas of my life. I LOVE seeing patterns in things which is another incentive to go through the frustration that I know will be involved.

I forget which theorist said this & I am using a simplified paraphrase, but basicly: Learning is Frustration! There is no getting around this fact. Maybe it was Vygotsky (my favorite education theoriest) that said that learning occurs when the learner reaches a state of equilibrium in the frustration of the unknown with the know. I think I will look this up later so I can get re - in touch with this theory. The bottom line is that the phenomenon of learning can not occur with out frustration. So learnings always need to ask? Is the knowledge to be gained worth the frustration that will be produced? If the pay off (knowledge gained) is desirable, then the frustration seems minimal, hardly noticeable or even fun, But when the pay off is unseen, scary or hard to imagine, then the frustration level intensifies.

I have been thinking about this over the last week or so. Do I want to step into this pool of frustration of the unknown? Is there a big enough pay off?

My answer id "Yes"? If for no other reason than the pure challenge of learning something that I think is scary & frightening.

Crap the the time has run away from me again and I have to go to be continued.
zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 17:27

@Tookie

Please believe I am not hurt at all. With disclosure of methods one either is successful or unsuccessful and I knew this from the very beginning.  

I know to apologize, take my loss and go on energetically to something else.

@zensioux

I thoroughly enjoyed your post.  The joy for me in mastering such a teaching style is seeing this:   light bulb
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20 2017, 17:32

I agree with sglick, learning comes with frustration.

I feel no need to alter/delete/moderate anything posted here. Why would you think that?
Well I am a stubborn little bull bashing against some stuff here, sorry if that frustrated you or anyone else.

And like I said, I am happy that you are able to teach others and help them. That is good no matter what anyone thinks from it.

Not everyone is wired the same, but at least on this forum it is ok to voice it without being moderated/deleted or whatever. But I hope that feeling goes both ways  :)

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Jan 20 2017, 18:07

@Sleepy

Thank you for your kind words and I agree with you.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by zensioux Fri Jan 20 2017, 22:31

OK, I was wrong! It was Piaget who was into equilibrium. Refreshing my mind of educational theories that I used to know so well, but are now a distant memory. I did reconnect with Vygotsky who was real big on social learning. An the idea that an individual can learn more than his abilities when the community has developed the concepts.

This is what can happen and has happened in this game thru the forums. When we share what we do and do not know and then help each other understand from our own perspective, then the community also gets smarter. There are more smart people playing this game, because they have learned tricks from other players.

Back in 2010 most of us were very content to grow our junks, and only selling when we bought too much stuff. There were a few smart players who seemed to be light years ahead of the rest of us. I remember a few conversation of wonderment: How where they accumulateding so much so quickly? They had to be spending RM.

My dear Toekie, it seems like you just want the bottom line of what to buy and sell at what time in order to maximize your profits with out taking the effort to learn how to interpret the analytical process to make these determinations. I too am very guilty of wanting this, but I am also intrigued that I want to have this knowledge for myself so if Broke wants me to do my homework properly. I will compile this colossal spread sheet.

This may take so time since my Excel knowledge is from a zillion updates ago and my skills have never been updated. I know what I want to do. I know it is possible, but darn it! What keys do I hit to make it happen. HeHeHe

BTW, the reason I had included the .8 & 1.2 of the EV in my spreadsheet as the begining and ending buying points is that you had used them on a spreadsheet a page earlier than when you gave the instructions for me to make the spreadsheet. I will take them out if they have no meaning.

Yes, I do understand why we divide by .9 to know at what point we have to sell an item in order to make a profit when we buy it.

zensioux
zensioux

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Sat Jan 21 2017, 02:20

Now Now Mr. Broke- I believe you took offense to my words.
I really want you to know that I meant no offense to you at all. I am very sorry if it came off that way.   I have much respect for you.   Especially since I feel a very strong kinship towards Meba and brooke, and  I understand your Master teaching methods have helped them immensely. Im also sure you have helped many others along the way. Heck, you have even made it and taught others to get into the top of harvest hoedown, I have never done that.  Congrats!
That said;  When you said there are 2 animals worth looking at on the market, it felt like a tease.  Why couldn't you just tell us?  I understand you wish for peope to learn on their own and to think for themselves.  I get it, I really truly do. That is your choice, and your teaching method.  AWESOME! 
 However; for me, this is a game.  It is not my job.  I don't wish to think that much.  I want to distress and have fun.  I'm doing pretty well on the market, when Im in the mood to play around with it anyways. lol
To sum up, even though I don't always understand your babble (sorry, that was bad choice of wording)
I can and do appreciate it to some extent. I also understand it is my choice whether to read your comments or not just as it is your choice to read mine.   I do not wish for you to quit posting as there are many who like and learn from you. So who am I? 
I have one request of you- Just don't tease me so... If there are 2 animals, Tell me what they are!   lol   Please ... and hugs  and xoxox and and heart heartbeat much love :)
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sat Jan 21 2017, 03:18

@cylentlea123

help  (I hope you are able to laugh when I tell you this)  

help  You are driving me crazy with all this.  You are driving me crazy like Meba did and you are just beginning help

I da want to discuss stupid EV analysis anymore.   help  I'm fine  help

I really like this forum setting and everyone here.   help  

I have spent too much time posting here and I cannot harvest my farm like a good farmer    farmer  

I cannot buy and sell in the market and I will be broke again and begging for loans again.

And xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox and hugs and luv and all that stuff to you too!  

help  I'm going to harvest my farm and go to market.  help
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Sat Jan 21 2017, 03:41

giggle Grin big grin belly laugh whahahaha pillow fight

Meba is awesome!   If I am like her, then that is a wonderful compliment!!
BTW- I'm glad I could drive you a little crazy- just like you do to me!  LOL
I love this forum too- To be able to speak our minds as grown ups and not be persecuted, is a wonderful thing :)
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21 2017, 04:05

Do what you please, I will not be posting anymore anyway  :)

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Sat Jan 21 2017, 04:17

Awwww come on!!!  

Don't let things get to you!!

What you and Tookie have created here- is exactly what a forum SHOULD be!

If this place goes down, after I gave you my loyalty, and have not posted on the DS, where

will I go?   Where will WE all go? 

Please, sleepy and tookie- don't make any rash decisions.   Maybe sleep on it?

Tomorrow will be a better day~      flowerkiss  We all love you guys!!!
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by MARLYMAR Sat Jan 21 2017, 04:37

good post  I second what Lea wrote from me to you we do love you tookie and sleepy heart heart fallinghearts and we appreciate you beyond words group hug Grin
MARLYMAR
MARLYMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Sun Jan 22 2017, 06:14

Guest wrote:Do what you please, I will not be posting anymore anyway  :)
Well as long as this place remains open I'm going to post.  I like it here!   supporting

And the next idea of controversy that I intend to present for criticism and is expected will travel the globe and even into the BP developer suites is named:

The Meba Index .  

The only two forums considered for launching disclosure of The Meba Index are here and the German Forum. 

Expected date of disclosure is estimated to be between Harvest Hoedown 2017 and year-end.
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Sun Jan 22 2017, 14:11

roflmao-  I can't wait!  whahahaha
The Meba index.. hmmm...... scratch head
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content