"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy Empty "Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Post by illy1996 Mon Nov 28 2016, 12:48

Well, here goes with my calculations, feel free to amend them if I have made an error! The figures are for the completion of the grid.  RUN

Glowberries: 8700 plus those required for milling 35 Backpacks (8050) = Total 16,750

Thermos Flasks: 640 plus those required for milling 35 Backpacks (455) = Total 1,095

Backpacks35 (8050 Glowberries and 455 Thermos Flasks)

Plus

30 Cuckoos
10 Cow's Milk
80 Oranges
10 Brown Pigs

SOS "Winter is Coming" Event Drop Items/Thermos Flasks

This link is to the "official" forum - not sure if anyone wants to set up an SOS thread here.  I can't keep up with too many places to look lol!  sos help

This doesn't look too bad on first sight - may go for the Comfort Fields again and change to 1x1s towards the end if I don't get enough Glowberries.  counting 

Good luck everybody!  good luck
illy1996
illy1996

Back to top Go down

"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy Empty Re: "Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Post by 12ss12 Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:02

Thank you, illy. Steadily converting my fields to refined carnation with comfort fields, water and manure for drops.
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy Empty Re: "Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:04

First time for me to play this type of event.

Do you need to complete each 'combination'? Or can you play one combo over and over?

For Picture Perfect we had a very active SOS thread here, if one wants to create it feel free to do so red smile

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:17

sleepy - you cannot play one combo over and over again.

I like this mechanism. I didn't care for the one we did that had unlimited boards/combinations. Too hard to keep up with but this basic 16 squares suits me fine and the rewards are nice. No cloud row to worry about. I hope the drops are not too bad. I'm still recovering from Harvest Hoedown, Thanksgiving and the virus that is raging through our house. My daughter is latest casualty. Poor girl.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:21

I guess this FAQ goes completely over my head, I do not get it.

Is it then that you just do all 16 squares and get the combos for free automaticly?

There is no explanation anywhere boh

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:26

To complete the event, yes just do all 16 squares and you get all the combination prizes.

If you are only targeting certain prizes/rewards, then you have to be careful about which lanterns to light.

Brown pigs are selling for 11k in my market.

Looks like according to the FAQ, the Rainforest is not included for growing crops or collecting drops so is good for parrots/monkeys to make some of your own manure, continue to grow camels for December event, or just restock whatever you need.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:27

Yes, there is no explanation anywhere. When I first read the FAQ, I thought "so if we do a particular combination over and over again, we get the rewards multiple time ?" But then it struck me - when we finish all the lanterns we get all the prizes. We cannot get the reward several times. No BP would not allow us to get GBs and stars several time Moreover lighting 16 lanterns is easier.

That was how it was last time.  scratch head
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:29

Thanks for the help group hug

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:30

Sleepy - I really like your requirements/rewards chart. With it posted immediately after the picture of the event window, I can easily see everything I need to know for each lantern and where it corresponds to the donation window. So much nicer than scrolling back and forth to check and double check. Kudos my friend to you! dog lick
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:34

My pleasure red smile I think it is a correct one and the one on the official forum is wrong. The prizes I guess should be much higher as that is consistent with the former Firefly event too.

In case one did not see it, I did post a different reward table in our OA CLICK

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:38

So, does this mean that it doesn't reset when you fill in a bingo?  (Because it did with previous events.)
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:41

Yes, I want to say that too. I liked that chart very easy to check the requirements with rewards while we play.

And also I like the way this forum displays the CET and the local timings.
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Mon Nov 28 2016, 13:56

CC - I think this one is like the first firefly (Four Flare Firefly Festival) event with just the 16 windows and not the Firefly Jamboree that reset a new board after each bingo. That one had star coins to purchase items in the shop. This one is just straight grow and throw for stated rewards. I'm glad for this mechanism 'cause I'm too tired and too much going on to figure out the other kind. I think I had to copy off Mir last time. ghehe cat cuddle
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by illy1996 Mon Nov 28 2016, 14:21

12ss12 wrote: ... Steadily converting my fields to refined carnation with comfort fields, water and manure for drops.

Oops2 head bang cry 3

I was really well prepared for the last event with my Comfort Fields growing naturally without need of assistance ... then the drops were only dropping from event crops!  I have just finished a five day (working) stint and could have prepared but didn't look further in my schedule diary until today and now I either go for 1x1s or use tons of Supergrow to speed up some Hops.  oh the drama

Wish I could remember to think ahead ...  crystal ball

Pnp: hope you and your family all feel much better soon!   get well soon
illy1996
illy1996

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Mon Nov 28 2016, 15:07

Thanks illy red smile
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top