Santa's Secret - Strategy

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Santa's Secret - Strategy - Page 4 Empty Re: Santa's Secret - Strategy

Post by Brookeham Fri Dec 09 2016, 01:32

I agree....much better drop rate! clap clap The Santa hats are dropping with great frequency...I have 300 so far. big grin I did leave my weasel pens and all my trees in. I just didn't have the energy to rip them out.

:garland: xmaskitties
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjoman Fri Dec 09 2016, 01:33

It will take 4 complete harvests of the 3 mainland fields to get all the candy canes.
Roses gave me some nice drops. Of course I expect the drop rate to be crap for the event crop and can't wait to get that over and back to growing Roses, Oyster Mushrooms or Rose Hips
Banjoman
Banjoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Fri Dec 09 2016, 08:11

185 drops - 3 fields carnations and 3 fields of nuked event crop
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke Fri Dec 09 2016, 08:22

With 260 pollution drops there is no problem with drops.  Drops drive junks growing on this farm.  

Yes One-Two, the cyclone is possibly due to my junks growing. I'll remain critical of events in order not to them with no hope of a timely payoff for lost productivity.  This event is cheap with a decent payoff in a reasonable length of time.  I recommend it to farms of all levels.    

All fields are full of event junks in 1x1s and junks mostly will be grown only at night with no water.  If RL permits harvesting during the day then the farm will produce junks one time during the day.  Other than that, the farm will produce a convenient crop to harvest on time.  No hurry hurry and no worry with this method.

And no begging for a lady harvester for this event. Thank goodness!  

As long as able to harvest I definitely see no need for manure use and quite doubtful the farm will even use water.  No need to even think about wasting ssg or sg.   

The event is now considered a done deal!
farmer_broke
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Fri Dec 09 2016, 16:40

GuineaUp wrote:@Irisa
What's the combined % of both of your trophies? 
Are you moving both trophies to each field, refreshing and then harvesting?
@GuineaUp 

my crop trophy is actually 13% and my animal is a dismal 7% (I hate contributing animals when we keep having breeding events.  trying to make pinks or neons!!)

I leave my crop trophy in middle field (has most fields with some surrounding trees) and I leave animal trophy on glade (has most red animals - though I should move to 1st field, but I need to make space for that first).

I have already started the 5th level of event, but not sure how much I need.
calculator says 3 steps while my game shows 5 steps.
so I either need 1250 canes (or 3150) and I need 78 santa hats (or 184).   counting
I think I can make it.
Also, I have 151 stars and I am half way to the legend rune. (if I can stop spending them (stars)).   :tongue2:   whistling
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2016, 16:50

@Irisa There should not be a difference between the game and calculator....

Did you maybe not select all the levels you want/did? If you click a higher step it only shows the shortest way to it, the calculator skips not needed steps. So you would need to select lower steps too in that case.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Fri Dec 09 2016, 16:56

1)  Up your crop trophy ASAP. (Tree fruit is the most cost effective.)
2)  The name of the trophies and what you donate to them has no bearing on how they influence drops.  Both trophies influence drops the same way.
3)  Start hauling them around to each field you get drops from.  (Leave space for them on each field.)  Place them, change fields, go back to where they are, harvest, delete them and repeat the whole shebang for each field you get drops from.  While it may not be necessary for this event as drops seem okay, get into the habit until you can open and put your trophies/upgrades in the Living Legend rune.

Don't make me come over and thud the next time you complain about drops.
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09 2016, 17:05

@Irisa I agree on that with @CaliChrome and get that Living Legend Rune. In my opinion the LL Rune is more important, at least it was for me too much hassle to lug around trophies. So the LL Rune is worth more then upping the Trophies if you are like me.

Grow wheat/carrots and other high price fast selling crops for a bit on 1x1 with CAC. If you got the harvester. Use oatbread for extra wheat yield.

Make a few million, CAC will pay for itself if you need to buy it. Buy everything needed to dunk in all your cheap to do Society Quests to get stars for the Living Legend.

If you do not have the harvester, maybe chickens is a possibility. Saves you from needing a CAC too. Several ways to make a few million to dunk in the Quests and Trophies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Fri Dec 09 2016, 17:20

@Irisa ,
I'm late to the party, lol... but here's my 2 cents  greedy

The trophies work together... even tho they are differently named and you donate animals for one and crops for the other, their percentages combined (20% in your case) help with the amount of event drops that fall, no matter what you are harvesting (as long as the event gives drops from what/where you are harvesting). They help with the everyday tool and crafting drops as well. The higher % they have combined, the more the drops you're going to see fall... so it's solid advice to upgrade. 

Until I opened the Living Legend rune in the Tree of Wisdom I used to go harvest just 2 1x1s manually first, delete those 2 1x1s then place my trophies there, refresh or go to another field for a second to let the trophy buffs register/kick in and then come back, harvest, delete the trophies, replant the field and then move onto doing the same in the next field. 

It's a pain, but until you can open the LL Rune it's the only way you're going to get better drops. If you just leave the trophies sit on different fields all the time they will only work separately (and so only 13% on one field, 7% on another... and 0% on your other field(s) ), which is why your drops have been so low... :hmz: 
Hope that helps bloempie
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Fri Dec 09 2016, 17:53

If you do choose to move them around remember to let the trophies sit a bit to make sure the game notice it. Or change fields. I went rune asap, just too much work.

Yesterday I was totally wrecked, hadn't prepped farm, think I even forgot to gift my neighbours. (shame on me!!). Today I was stuck in a meeting/team work with my boss so was tricky to harvest in time. I have no idea if I can make it or not. I planted non-event crop overnight since I was so worried about drops. Not sure if that was a smart move. I even kept the Glade stuffed with trees since I didn't have the energy to rip up the trees.

Gaaahhhhh GaaH! At least I will have enough drops star colors
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by illy1996 Fri Dec 09 2016, 17:55

I can't believe it - I will finish the drops tonight, I need just (where is that "famous last words" smilie?) 102 drops and I will be finished.  YESSS!

It did help having two days off at the start of an event - I used quite a lot of SG and one 24 hour harvester voucher so made the most of it!  Now back to comfort fields for some relaxed farming while I pick up those 100+ drops.  Grin

Moraine, I would be very surprised if you don't make it - unless you are not able to farm over the weekend.  Fingers crossed you have enough time.  I managed it in record time (for me) and the drops appear to be good for everyone this time.  good luck

I am really happy cos I have a long weekend working and I don't have to worry ... too much ... about harvesting to get drops! :OKAY runner:
illy1996
illy1996

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mamarae Fri Dec 09 2016, 18:12

I've got my last crops planted. Done in an hour! And I have all the drops already YESSS! WhooHoo
3mamarae
3mamarae

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Fri Dec 09 2016, 18:24

Thanks Illy. I just haven't dotted down the times and crops and well done the math to be honest, and my body and brain has decided to go on strike. But I shall not hit the panic button, there isn't any - at least I didn't find it amongst the other smilies. I think I might have the entire weekend, so should never the less get a lot of goodies

Congrats 3mamare - I'm really impressed. Well done !!
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Fri Dec 09 2016, 18:34

GuineaUp wrote:I'm late to the party, lol... but here's my 2 cents  greedy

The trophies work together... even tho they are differently named and you donate animals for one and crops for the other, their percentages combined (20% in your case) help with the amount of event drops that fall, no matter what you are harvesting (as long as the event gives drops from what/where you are harvesting). They help with the everyday tool and crafting drops as well. The higher % they have combined, the more the drops you're going to see fall... so it's solid advice to upgrade. 

If you just leave the trophies sit on different fields all the time they will only work separately (and so only 13% on one field, 7% on another... and 0% on your other field(s) ), which is why your drops have been so low... :hmz: 
Hope that helps bloempie

now I was not aware of that...  and yes..  that does make a big difference ...
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Fri Dec 09 2016, 18:37

CaliChrome wrote:Don't make me come over and thud the next time you complain about drops.

I double dare ya!!   whistling   panic   tongue   whahahaha 

sorry..  don't know how how to combine quoted posts...
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top