Snake Eyes - Strategy - 27th - 2nd

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Linked topic Re: Snake Eyes - Strategy - 27th - 2nd

Post by Decree Tue Aug 01 2017, 15:55

I only grew enough event crops to get me 150 shakers. Now I'm trying to get enough shakers to use them. I think I may have spent way too much time trying to grow crops thinking the drops would come.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Tue Aug 01 2017, 17:25

-Mir85- wrote:First to reach 25 000 points in DE forum played 193 rounds! Link

Another needed 211 rounds. Another one 205.

Some crazy amount of junks they have been growing.   rub eyes WOW!

My goal is to get the 8 wonder stables at 11.500 points. I now am just 90 points behind  YESSS!
I need 253 drops to use up all the crops and I intend to do what I can about that.  
Producing pink and neon chickens on 2 fields and orange geese on the last (not that bad at all) and growing refined raspberries over night. I WILL get them!  viking battlecry Still 20 hours to go.....pleeeeenty of time    horse running   maybe hahaha
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Tue Aug 01 2017, 17:44

meba091 wrote:My goal is to get the 8 wonder stables at 11.500 points. I now am just 90 points behind 

You had said this days ago, and I remember reading it and looking at the list of prizes and everything else after that and determining you were 100% correct with this being the last prize really needed. Everything after that has too much cost vs. rewards. I'm 480 points away currently, and will be able to finish that goal with the next crop harvest.

Now I have to try and decide what to do next. Throw up some stables or keep growing crops.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Tue Aug 01 2017, 18:10

I have actually not said that  red smile  but I have been thinking it many times....soooooo how are you able to read my mind?  panic2
Just teasing you :))
I said I wanted the CR but I have been looking and hoping to get the stables but wasn't sure as I did not want to use any SG to get them. But I completely agree with you.

I find short timed stables good during the day at this time of the event but over night no stable can compete with the drops I get from refined raspberries. I mostly try to just produce what I need to get the drops. I don't have refinements for crop square anyway, Mir has been talking about and finds good. 
Wish you the best of luck getting many many drops!
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Tue Aug 01 2017, 19:12

Actually meba  girl blush stick with raspberries, they are better! you made me  counting 

For some purposes refined crop square is definitely the best crop to use. No other crop can be reduced that much (relative to its length) without sg. So if you are growing refined crops around the clock, and can harvest anytime - nothing beats crop square

As an overnight crop: 
Imagine we have one field with raspberries and one with crop square. Using water, no manure, and harvesting on time is no issue. 

Refined watered raspberries take 10.1 hours and refined watered crop square takes 6.4 hours. In the crop square field we will have time to grow one round of Lily of the valley (3.6 hours with water) before the raspberries are finished in the other field. 

Base time for raspberries is 17.8 hours. Base time for crop square + Lily of the valley is 12.7 +4.5 = 17.2 hours. In the same amount of real time, you get more "base time hours" from the raspberry field. 

The above is assuming you actually wake up after 6.4 hours (which I don't), and immediately replant. If you sleep longer, raspberries become an even better alternative. 

For this event I have typically had crop square overnight, three rounds of event crops (aimed for four, but mostly couldn't) and a short crop like corn. Base time hours for that is: 
12.7 h + 3* 5 h + 1.5 h = 29.2 h. 

Instead I could have grown raspberries and three rounds of event crops, with total base time hours: 
17.8 h + 3*5 h = 32.8 h. 

That's about 12% more base time hours. Would have increased drops noticeably I think thinking

I haven't compared refinements on crops like this before, just compared the time reduction in percentage. Someday when I have nothing better to do (ehemm when I have nothing better I want to do) I'll make a list of which refined crops are better to use for different time slots.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Tue Aug 01 2017, 19:15

Sorry for the long post  girl blush

TL;DR Refined raspberries are better as an overnight crop than refined crop square, if you have time for such a long overnight crop (10 hours 7 minutes).
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Tue Aug 01 2017, 19:48

No need to be sorry about a long post. I like reading your posts and I definitely like getting explanations so I can think along with you   heart that is when I am able to think...  giggle
So thank you for that!

Raspberries have been suitable for me having vacation and not getting up that early in the morning. Raspberries would maybe be better to just harvest 2 times a day when not growing the event crop anymore. But I want to poopfarm and benefit in any way besides getting the drops  Grin 
I just got 8 drops from a pink chicken field and 9 from a neon (I do have 9 Howies out also) - then 2 rounds of cress and chickens back to poop. (we need a pooping chicken smiley lol) I find that okay and I WILL get the drops.....233 to go hahahahaha
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Tue Aug 01 2017, 20:11

I also like reading your posts. I need to work more in refinements as I got very discouraged with roses and carnations and didn't keep at it.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Tue Aug 01 2017, 20:25

The four crops I tell people to refine are: Crop Squares, Roses, Raspberries, and Carnations. If you have those four refined, you should complete every event with relative ease. Only the short event crops can slow things down.
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Tue Aug 01 2017, 22:15

One of the best advantages of being a high level farmer is the increase of drops for medium grow time crops. I've been planting Willow herb and White lilly in 1x1's overnight they only take about 7 hours with water. This works well when I plant late a long time crop during the day. I have been getting about 40-55 drops per field with these.

Plus it generates lots of EP's and I can work on quests requiring them.

Just another reason to keep leveling up!  NodYes
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp Tue Aug 01 2017, 23:27

Have made it to 6500 - 5 stars, not sure if I will get much further with the time left.  farmer Sure would like 7000 and those five stables.  Still hoping for a gator.
Will*O*Wisp
Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree Tue Aug 01 2017, 23:48

Will*O*Wisp wrote:Have made it to 6500 - 5 stars, not sure if I will get much further with the time left.  farmer Sure would like 7000 and those five stables.  Still hoping for a gator.

500 more points could be as little as 2 more Cups O' Dice with a few lucky rolls. We're all rooting for you. pweeeep
Decree
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 Wed Aug 02 2017, 11:47

Snake Eyes - Strategy - 27th - 2nd - Page 4 Screen11

YESSS!
meba091
meba091

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Wed Aug 02 2017, 13:01

Congrats meba  star colors hope you get your gator willow  obeyme

I've decided to go all in  shock faint One last round of sg on 1x1 fields 

Have played 170 games so far with 24.060 points. Last rounds of crops will be enough for 8 more games, hoping that'll give me enough points to finish. If not, so be it - I won't have time for more. Rewards aren't worth it, but completing the event is appealing. 

Didn't spend any money specifically for this event. Used my Howies for almost every harvest and topped up the drops with instant crops today. On the crops I think I spent 5k - 6k sg (from monkey queen and jumbo trees). 

Good luck to those who aren't finished yet  good luck actually I need a little luck myself to pull this off  giggle
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Wed Aug 02 2017, 13:05

Good luck to everyone still working! Congrats to those who finished their goals. dog lick

Pnp Completed: 87 Games/ 43 Steps
                                                               BW Completed: 60 Games/ 38 Steps
RE Completed: 54 Games/ 31 Steps

Was not able to reach the 8 Wonder stables to try for a pheasant but did get some nice things along the way.

I am tired anyway but working this event all the way up to the end has left me not ready to face another one with a bunch of crops, long milling time and worrying about drops. I'm not
Reaching for the Stars but will focus on my farm instead.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top