Malala Charity event

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Malala Charity event - Page 2 Empty Re: Malala Charity event

Post by clonahmon Wed Nov 23 2016, 15:30

German forum states the same amounts/giver EP etc as the english forum.
Think we have to wait until the new FAQs come out or are updated.
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Wed Nov 23 2016, 15:40

Malala Charity event - Page 2 2016-11-22_01h49_16-1-png

This is from the german forum
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2016, 15:40

The For Science giver is noted on the EN forum as giving 3400
Both the DE and NL have it as 3200 EP/TEP

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Wed Nov 23 2016, 15:42

*cleaning the glasses*  oops...
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2016, 15:44

ghehe thats ok

It does aggrevate me that there are so many mistakes made at the EN forum... 4 OA's they forgot past 2 weeks. Stable FAQ stating 'seedlings 2012'. Now this again boh

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Wed Nov 23 2016, 16:00

Just now home from work. Cannot even grasp what the event is about. May be morning will make my brain clearly. I am not at all bright right now. But I am looking forwards for the train.

Thanks clonahmon   for the calculations.
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mamarae Wed Nov 23 2016, 16:40

I do like the separate event field. I'll probably give it a try.
3mamarae
3mamarae

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Wed Nov 23 2016, 17:20

3mamarae wrote:I do like the separate event field. I'll probably give it a try.

I too like the fact that we can continue to grow our regular crops on our fields.  the event seems interesting, almost like a game (of life??).  not happy about having to purchase (though I have from time to time), I just want it to be MY option and not a requirement..
starting on an American holiday does seem wrong as well.  I won't be around much that day.  going to start some prep work now and not leave it all till tomorrow.  we travel 3 hours with cooked food to get to our destination.
now where are those helper elves that I desperately need this time of year??  don't know
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Wed Nov 23 2016, 18:52

I'm slightly confused. The entire event seem too fussy. So we get new seeds, but from seed dispensers - which will become EP/TEP givers (2x2 and can be placed on CR), and to open land for THIS EVENT we have to dig deep in our pockets and buy some extra gravel as the event will not give you enough. We can buy a basket with a gravel tree (Really, stones grow on tree now??? ) which after the event becomes another TEP/EP giver.

They do brag a lot about this being a weed free field, but nothing about it the perhaps reuse of the space. But they are removing the CAC etc buffs, so it does indeed smells like a potential event place, when they need to buff their revenue.

Ofc I'm in - I have no wits about me. And the FOCD meetings spurs me more on than the opposite. Hopefully I'll be less confused and lost this time.
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Wed Nov 23 2016, 19:28

At the risk of being stoned (with gravel), may I ask someone from the German community if Germany offers a tax relief to companies that donate to charity?  (This is what happens here in the US.)  If so, even if BP donates the gross revenues (not the lesser net revenue after expenses), it is BP that gets the tax relief.  No one that buys a basket will be able to write off the donation because we get an "in kind" benefit from our purchase.  So, we would be better off donating to the charity directly (assuming it holds a US 501c designation).  Careful thinking tells me that I can live without the few Party spins, the GBs (did I really say that?) and another EP/TEP CR.  So while I may donate, if I do, it will be directly to the charity or a charity here at home.  (Sent a turkey to the local food bank yesterday.)

Food for thought.
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Wed Nov 23 2016, 19:46

As far as I know, Companies in Germany can deduct their donations to charities up to a certain limit from their companies profit, if the charity is giving them a related "donation cert"  and if it is a Ltd, GmbH, AG. If it is a small company donating, they can put it in their tax return as special deductions, but it will be handled a bit different.

But it is ten years ago, when I had that kind of information and don't know, if they have changed something in between.

(Sorry, I don't want to show, as somebody who knows/half knows everything, but I had to learn that stuff some 20 years ago)
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Wed Nov 23 2016, 20:00

Thanks!  I've decided not to buy the baskets and will only do what I can for free.  Hey, the field is there and not good for anything else.  I will make a donation somewhere, just not sure yet where.  Will depend on a number of things.
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2016, 20:05

It is tax deductable for sure if they can donate it directly to Unicef in one of the EU countries. As Malala is under the Unicef umbrella I guess that can be done. This is a EU Court decision on tax deductable donations, to not limit to ones own country but to uphold the free economic traffic within the EU.

Donating directly keeps money from BP and gives just as much to the charity me thinks

Also know that gift cards and such can not be used for buying the baskets but only direct banking payments, and things like credit cards. Even phone purchases do not work this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Wed Nov 23 2016, 20:07

Well that seals the deal then.  Thanks for all the info!  (I've got no clue what "phone purchases" are.)
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Wed Nov 23 2016, 20:10

I won't buy a basket either.

I am going to my local charity and give them something (Irish wheelchair society, St Vincents de Paul, Cope, local sports club etc). Then I know, that they get all the money, and not only a small part, because of any company taking away parts for "administration purposes".

And whenever I go shopping, I pay full EUR-prices and whatever is the difference goes into local charity boxes. I like it, it doesn't hurt me and every cent can help.
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top