Malala Charity event

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Malala Charity event - Page 3 Empty Re: Malala Charity event

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2016, 20:11

Payment option differ from country to country... makes it difficult. Some gift cards work there but not there etc. Here we can call a number and get BB for instance. Then the payment goes through the phone bill, it is for small amounts mostly.

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsishot Wed Nov 23 2016, 20:44

Maybe it's my still clogged sinuses from this evil cold I've been dealing with but I can't seem to get a firm grasp on everything happening. Think I'll skip this first special field event. I don't have the money to buy baskets even for a good cause right now. 

I'm totally overwhelmed just planning how to not mess everything up in December when I go on holiday. I know I can put my farm on vacation but that doesn't help me with daily gifts and the advent calendar they do every year. Today my childcare situation fell through and I don't know what I'm going to do. Why is it when it rains it pours???? RL has to come before the game. 

Hope this new type of event goes well for those who are taking part.
pepsishot
pepsishot

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Wed Nov 23 2016, 21:03

I am on the fence about spending RL cash or not. But I'll leave that to the family budget discussion and whatever silly-money each nose in the household gets.

As for a proper strategy and plan:
1. I will take start with a pain killer and a few organic seed.
2. Then I shall mess it up a bit,
3. before landing on a seed dispenser
4. and mess the entire event up even more.
5. I will then complain to my dog that totally think it's silly and we both should go for a walk instead.

steps to be repeated as many times as needed. NodYes

PS: forgot to add I don't like CR I need to find stuff to place, so not thrilled about that at all.
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Wed Nov 23 2016, 22:02

I'll double post because I can and because a thought just struck me:

This event could also be a test to see how willing we would be to pay for CR in an event. And how desperate we are to finish events (buying drops). I certainly consider the current one to be a sort of market research experiment. Perhaps a fact to consider when deciding to buy baskets or not?
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Wed Nov 23 2016, 22:06

Was it just me who didn't notice that the event is 15 days long  scratch head  

Haven't had a chance to read the FAQ in detail yet, but the field looks nice and I like the "theme"   red smile
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Wed Nov 23 2016, 22:08

I too thought of that, Moraine.  Coming right on top of the current event, I'm not willing to spend on those baskets.  The CR isn't something I absolutely have to have.  I'm only finishing the Picture Perfect because I got so far before realizing I should never have started.  Won't do that again!
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Wed Nov 23 2016, 22:18

I haven't noticed a lot Mir, I like the concept and the idea. It's just the execution I have doubts about, and ofc me being me, I kinda question a little bit their motivation for doing the charity. esp after the barn burner.

but I stand by my "decision" to let my FOCD start (no promise to finish) this event. I don't mind the childish joy of getting new seeds like a fresh farmer.
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Wed Nov 23 2016, 22:21

Don't get me wrong.  I will participate as far as "free" will let me go on this "new" field. 

horse running
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchboy Wed Nov 23 2016, 22:34

Thanks for all the info
I will Always particepate for Charity if i can help somehow i shore will try if i support buying the expecive basket i see along the way

wish all the best of luck feel better
Dutchboy
Dutchboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookeham Thu Nov 24 2016, 00:45

pepsishot - Oh... I wish I lived close to you! I would love to watch your children. I wish time travel was possible....or "Beam me up Scotty" actually worked. I was alone for most of the day....chatting on the phone. Being a help to another friendly farmer would have been good for both of us!

I will probably buy the dang basket. Unicef is a great organization.....so supporting it is a good thing(even if BP gets tax credit)....which many of us(me included) probably wouldn't have thought or got around to donating to them at this time of year.

I love what my grocery store is doing....At the checkout stand...they have these coupons that you can take to donate to local "soup kitchens" $5.00 for a dinner, $3.00 for a lunch. They don't ask...it's just there in front of you. We unfortunately have quite a large amount of homeless in my city. This $$$ will provide meals for them and/or families. 

I can't grasp the event....and yes poor timing for us Americans. But it's not just 1 day is it?
Brookeham
Brookeham

Back to top Go down

Post by farmerumf Thu Nov 24 2016, 00:45

The last couple of years they have just asked for a straight donation which was so easy - why do they make things so complicated this year.   Too near Christmas and loads to think about.  Making cakes tomorrow, lists to compile, check what presents I have got to wrap, write cards,  but most importantly make a list of all the lists I need to do!        PcGirl   
Not sure how to proceed but it is late a night, so my head may clear tomorrow - although on my present form, I doubt it!      rub eyes
farmerumf
farmerumf

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Thu Nov 24 2016, 00:51

No Brookeham its not just one day- That was my crazy idea when I first saw it and I panicked
I really am very sorry :(
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Thu Nov 24 2016, 00:59

Sleepy wrote:
Also know that gift cards and such can not be used for buying the baskets but only direct banking payments, and things like credit cards. Even phone purchases do not work this time.

well, since I only use gift cards (for security reasons), I guess I will not be buying anything either.  will do what I can and not worry about the rest then.  I think this one may come back to bite them in the "donkey" (rear end).
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by escalonilla Thu Nov 24 2016, 05:05

translation needed

The leftover seed dispensers will be booked back to the players Decorative Item Inventory after the Event, and will hand out to 4800 EP/TEP and will be placeable on all playfields (and the cloudrows) except the Moonlight playfield.​

what does  the text highlited in red mean?

I understand every dispenser willl yield 4800 EP after the event, but I'm sure I am wrong. Can someone enlighten me?
escalonilla
escalonilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24 2016, 05:46

That is wrong, according to the other languages FAQ's, they will give the same EP/TEP after the event with the same time as during the event.

So the Tomato and Pumpkin dispenser gives 560 EP/TEP every 3 hours
And the Cabbage and Aubergine give 1120 EP/TEP every 6 hours

Have made another 'You did it wrong' thread in the general questions section over there thud

And to be honest, I also got no clue what that red part of the text means/should mean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top