Lie to me:

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lie to me: - Page 6 Empty Re: Lie to me:

Post by CaliChrome Sat Dec 10 2016, 17:22

ISAF - International Security Assistance Force

Warehouse racking systems - heavy duty shelving systems like those used at CostCo and Home Depot.

Hmm.  I'll say #1 because why would a Security Assistance Force need to store much in Kabul?  (Whoever they were advising and assisting might have needed storage.)
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11 2016, 00:12

Both wrong, I never sold anything to the Louvre, sorry Lea  bear hug

The warehouse for ISAF was needed, the hundreds of military personel there needed food and clothing, poopy paper and all those things. Needs to be stored somewhere  wink It actually was 5 containers full of supplies, lockers and such, tables chairs for canteens for 160 people.
The war there was daily news here for the longest time, the US also is a NATO partner, so thought you would know it....

And the offshore was a big part of our clients. Boskalis and Heerema among the bigger clients with all their ships and platforms. Biggest among them was Heerema's Thialf:
Lie to me: - Page 6 Maxres10
Most ships in that business have some sort of storage, big and small  wink

So do I need to go again now?

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Sun Dec 11 2016, 01:03

Yes you do because you stumped us good :)
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11 2016, 02:05

1. I made colors for this museum: "Het Remrandthuis" (Rembrandt van Rijn)
2. I made colors for the custom made Dutch firetrucks
3. I made colors for the KLM Cargo and passenger planes

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Sun Dec 11 2016, 05:34

Totally wild guess, have no idea, so I'll say #3 is the lie.  

Pnp, I love buckeyes!  Haven't had them for ages, but my mom used to make them every year at Christmas when I was a kid in Cincinnati.  I found a recipe for Buckeye Fudge that I'm including in this years' cookie baskets, can't wait to try it! drooling
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11 2016, 12:50

@spotsbox you are correct I never made colors or the paint for the planes myself, the company did that in the main factory.

I did hand-made hundreds and hundreds of gallons for our Dutch firetrucks red smile

And I also did make the colors for the museum. Nice touch was they had me custum made the color for behind their biggest treasure, The Night Watch (De Nachtwacht) from a sliver of paint.

Custom making colors after slivers, (house, automotive, industrial paints and such) was my speciality pwetty

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Sun Dec 11 2016, 23:55

That sounds way cool, sleepy!  Especially the colors for the painting background, that's awesome.  Me, I can't even decide what color to paint my bathroom, lol.  

Okay, so I guess it's my turn.  Let's see...

1)  I have been within 20 yards of a grizzly bear in the wild on 3 separate occasions shock faint
2)  I hate public speaking hmz2
3)  I suffer from severe acrophobia bemused

Be patient if it takes me a while to answer, both husband and I have been sick since last Sunday and have been sleeping...alot. sleep
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Mon Dec 12 2016, 00:20

my guess, nr 1 is the lie. I think maybe twice? ;-))
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Mon Dec 12 2016, 05:15

Anyone else care to hazard a guess? scratch head
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Mon Dec 12 2016, 07:06

Public speaking?  WHAArun
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Mon Dec 12 2016, 13:02

Number 3 :)
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Mon Dec 12 2016, 17:05

Ding!  Ding!  Ding!  We have a winner!  star colors  GuineaUp is correct, I actually quite enjoy public speaking.  I joined my high school speech team eons ago to help overcome my shyness, and I discovered I really like it.  Trick question. wink

As for close encounters of the gnarly kind, I have indeed been within (too) close proximity to grizzlies 3 times, 7 grizzlies total.  The first time I was hiking by myself and walked up on 3 sub adult siblings who had gotten the boot by mama but were still hanging out together.  Just babies, you're thinking: they were taller than me.  I know, because one stood on his hind legs and was still over my head - and he was standing below the edge of the trail. Lie to me: - Page 6 Scared-smiley-emoticon The 2nd time I was hiking with my husband and a grizzly ran across the path in front of us, followed closely by a second. Lie to me: - Page 6 Scared-smiley-emoticon Was a sow in estrus being chased by a boar, who also stood on hind legs and glared at us before deciding to continue after the sow.  My 3rd encounter I was sitting in the truck at the end of a trail, which ended on the main forest service road, waiting while my husband hiked.  My 110 pound hound dog was lying on the seat next to me snoring his head off, and 2 young grizzlies (again sub adult siblings, boar and sow judging by size discrepincies and attitude differences) came out of the brush a ways behind my truck and started walking down the road towards me.  They jumped back into the brush when another vehicle came down then the road, and when they came back out, they were in front of my truck.  About 5 yards in front of where I was parked was a lush grassy spot, and the bigger bear ambled over and started feeding right in front of me. After a bit, the 2 ambled off around the corner, at which point my fearless friend woke up and decided he needed to go out.  If I never see another grizzly in my lifetime, it will be too soon.

And I am terribly afraid of heights (acrophobia).  I can stand at the bottom of a cliff and get dizzy looking up. Lie to me: - Page 6 Freaked-out-smiley-emoticon Seriously.

You're up, Guinea!
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Mon Dec 12 2016, 17:26

spots, I think you should invest in a can of bear spray! monster cookie
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox Mon Dec 12 2016, 18:03

Trust me, Cali, when we're in grizzly country, I never leave the truck without it.  I carry it in a holster on my belt, no digging in a pack for me. Lie to me: - Page 6 Searching-smiley-emoticon Contrary to what some believe, grizzlies have made a full recovery, and are in such high numbers that they are returning to habitat they haven't lived in for almost 100 years.
spotsbox
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Mon Dec 12 2016, 18:13

The grizzlies in YNP have benefited from the re-intro of wolves.  The wolves make a kill, the grizzlies come in and take over.  I too, have mine on my belt when out and about in griz country (except for the U of Montana grizzlies country, ghehe ).
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum