Top level breeding skips good or bad?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Top level breeding skips good or bad? Empty Top level breeding skips good or bad?

Post by Clash Fri Nov 11 2016, 02:12

I'm sure most of us all hope to get an amazing skip every time we set up our breeding hut.  I've always thought this was such an amazing thing then I got a great skip.  Now I'm not so sure.

During the first mouse event I was lucky to not only get an Astro-mouse but also a Computer mouse from regulars.  Every BBD since then I've done what I needed to for the event and then bred mice and more mice and even more mice.  Not only did I not get another top level animal I can't seem to get more than a one level skip at best.  Last go round I gave up as I had 28 mousekateers and could not seem to get anything above that.

I just built a couple of red stables instead and decided to be satisfied with that.  I know I could have bred the mousekateers up but it seems to me to be a major waste to do so.  It would be better to sell them instead and use the proceeds to buy a higher level, that is if there were any of them for sale.

I just got a bit bummed since it was my first time getting such top level skips and it really didn't seem to benefit me at all.  Perhaps my strategy of only breeding 1st level animals is foolhardy.  Anyone get better results than this?
Clash
Clash

Back to top Go down

Top level breeding skips good or bad? Empty Re: Top level breeding skips good or bad?

Post by Tookie Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:14

My results are exactly like yours. One good skip. and then.... nuttin.
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Top level breeding skips good or bad? Empty Re: Top level breeding skips good or bad?

Post by Dutchboy Fri Nov 11 2016, 11:41

Well i have tryed 50 motels best resuls
1x Savannah
2x Scottisch Fold
5x Callico

But i do want to add that the event animal normally skips less then other animals
Tonight i will note my first harvest of 132 motels and list it here as an indication thumbs up

My results will only be an example so no garantee :rolling on flo whahahaha
Dutchboy
Dutchboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mingling Fri Nov 11 2016, 12:33

Skips are hard, you have to invest a lot in the system to find that path that works for ya.
I have found a one time hit as a new animal will give a better chance of a great skip once then move on.
I do round robin on 1st level animals, and gotten some nice skips from them, here I find if you get a pink load another round in the next three luck rides high.

I am in no way a breeder I havent done enough in the area but I got some nice ones with my little effort.
mingling
mingling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Fri Nov 11 2016, 17:11

When I had to place those breeding pens out I used to take noted. The trend I found was that the first 5 breed levels was common skips, but to jump beyond that was rare. Skips in the top 5 breed levels tended to be just one, lucky if it was 2. I never tied it to the amount of skips. For me that looked to be equally balanced. Luck or bad luck. I wasn't so good in statistics back then, and now I haven't done the math on the probability. I have a feeling that things haven't changed that much since I left the game and came back again. But that is just a feeling, no hard data to support or disprove that.
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Clash Fri Nov 11 2016, 17:33

Well I'm no mathematician (seriously my math skills suck doh )  so I don't keep statistics.  Breeding is one of my favorite things so I do quite a bit of it.  I usually do the event and then breed a bit of everything to try and increase my overall stock.  It's worked pretty well for me so far.  Not in terms of getting either of the top level animals though.

I followed what I felt to be very sound advice to only breed first or second level animals.  So  that is my overall pattern.  I guess I'm getting to the point where I'm realizing that it's better to sell lower animals and buy higher ones.  I've also had better luck trading for red and pink stables than I have on getting animals enough to build them.

I don't see me changing my breeding habits though since I'm mostly doing it for fun anyway.  Just that thrill of finally getting a top skip and then realizing I couldn't do much with it was a bit harsh.
Clash
Clash

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Fri Nov 11 2016, 18:19

I love breeding events too, "Breed4Fun" happyblush
My approach is very much the DIY, so I tend to not buy anything (just sell), and do the quests. So I'm doing it animal by animal - that is the general idea anyway. That is how I came to compare the different levels to breed and the likelihood of having great skips. I'm almost tempted to run some numbers just to test your very interesting theory. I still think it is random for every 4 animals, but would have been fun to see how it really is. Except for the work involve ... I breed normally 1 PF pack + a few home made ones.
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Fri Nov 11 2016, 18:26

Just shood my animals out of the love-hut.
Out came
2 howler monkeys (just did a few monkey breeds for the quests)
2 chimpanzes

1 savannah
2 scottish fold

The rest was just normal cats back or the first level breeds

So nothing to wow about

But.. I have a few PF left and will breed some more.
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie Fri Nov 11 2016, 18:29

I just got this from 51 normal cat breedings.

Top level breeding skips good or bad? 51_nor10
Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Fri Nov 11 2016, 18:38

132 normal cat breedings yielded this (the Maine Coon is from the ToW stars):

Top level breeding skips good or bad? Ff_cc_10

second round working now.
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Fri Nov 11 2016, 18:41

76 cats became 34 normal, 24 Tabby and 4 Calico. They all went back into the motel
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon Fri Nov 11 2016, 18:43

Got another 3 howler monkeys, which are now in for multiplying,
got a business monkey from chimpanzee breeding, and have 3 savannah cats now.

Looks like, as if there are no huge skips at the moment.
clonahmon
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Fri Nov 11 2016, 19:02

For a second I thought you said you had a monkey business from chimpanzee breeding. Eek
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by TCRooster Fri Nov 11 2016, 23:01

My results have been cr*p.  But I just got an astro mouse from normals!
TCRooster
TCRooster

Back to top Go down

Post by dbayes Sat Nov 12 2016, 07:32

Breeding cats and mice (a great combo!) no really big skips...did get a Persian cat from Maine coon cats and a couple British blue cats from lower level cats. So rt now I have 4 Persians and aiming to build the Pink workshop or I could wait on the workshop and build 2 Pink cat kennels
dbayes
dbayes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top