"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy - Page 4 Empty Re: "Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Post by -Mir85- Tue Nov 29 2016, 15:22

puppiesnponies wrote:Does that mean we get to keep our drops or will there be a script to remove them?
Rainforest drops should be stopped now, but no taking back  red smile
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy - Page 4 Empty Re: "Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Post by 12ss12 Tue Nov 29 2016, 15:45

Thanks sweetsparkle. Carnation in comfort field gave them to me.

update to the Event announcement -  drops should not come from the Rainforest and the team is fixing it. 
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetsparkle Tue Nov 29 2016, 15:50

Yes,no more drops from the rainforest.everyone who got drops soon after the event started are lucky enough.
please share your tips for the event?Are you all going to convert your fields to 1x1 s once you get enough seeds to plant on more of the plots?and I believe trees give the most drops.I should have planted carnation on comfort fields too.saw trhe post abt that late.missed it though.have to learn that you need to beprepared way ahead especially when an event strikes in.
sweetsparkle
sweetsparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29 2016, 16:40

Hi Sweetsparkle Hi welcome with us.

Yes I go to 1x1 with CAC running as soon as possible.

First 10 seeds starting on 2x2 with manure + super-grow + water + suzy
with fruitcake and CAC running
Gives 90 seeds

Then 90 2x2 plots with manure + super-grow + water (only suzy here if you got a lot)
Gives 630 seeds

Then I go to 1x1 with just water and maybe manure if price allows

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetsparkle Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:22

Thank you for the warm welcome Sleepy.I think I was a bit late in joining this forum.But happy that I am part of a frindlier forum with no worries of the posts getting deleted.I enjoy being here with you all,I must admit.
   I too planted  the 10 seeds with manure,supergrow,water and suzy's but no CAC.saving up my CAC s for later.
Thank you for the help!!and good luck with the event
sweetsparkle
sweetsparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Clash Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:54

Howdy, sweetsparkle!  I follow the same path as Sleepy.  If you do not have CAC or PJ then I believe it's best to use 2x2's.  You will save on water and manure expenses and be able to turn the fields a bit faster.  I don't see the advantage to using 1x1's if you are not also using Buffs.

Just my opinion of course.

On another note I was ecstatic this morning to see the option to increase my manure pile.  I knew I had been saving stars for something.  thumbs up  I didn't do any of the arboretum things so I had a large stash of stars and now my poo pile is 550.   dig
Clash
Clash

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetsparkle Tue Nov 29 2016, 18:06

Hey Clash.nice to see your thoughts as well.You are very mucgh right.no point of all the toil involved in cultivating 1x1 s if no CAC or PJ used.I will try using them when I have event crops enough to lay out in all the fields allowed.A wee bit stingy I am.
  so everyone going on star spree,I guess.Many people are spending their saved stars on manure piles:)
sweetsparkle
sweetsparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Tue Nov 29 2016, 19:04

My strategy for the coming winter would be blanket, internet, good books, lights and tea. Hmm do I lack anything ?

As for the other Winter's coming it's heads on, 1x1, fingers crossed that I remember to eat my PJ first day, cac when all fields are ripe with event crop. Trees won't go back to inventory before tomorrow. The jungle rain forest are left as is with trees and a few pens. I always water everything - lettuce, crop, pond - you name it. The poo are used when I build up stock the first day, then it can just stay in a heap and entertain the flies. I try to do Roses over night later on, if I see crop wise I'm on track.

Most important thing tho is the blanket, for both events.
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_2_4 Wed Nov 30 2016, 03:51

illy1996 wrote:
12ss12 wrote: ... Steadily converting my fields to refined carnation with comfort fields, water and manure for drops.

Oops2 head bang cry 3

I was really well prepared for the last event with my Comfort Fields growing naturally without need of assistance 
Can you explain this to me - in the last event when I moaned to a neighbour about drops, she said I should use comfort fields and SG - I did and still failed to complete it. But my question is about their use. I just noticed that they take 3 seeds! I have CAC on at the mo and a CF provides 17 plants, and you have to use SG to get anything within the day. So, 17 plants, less the 3 it took to seed is a profit of 14. 1x1 plots take 1 seed and provide 16 plants - a profit of 12 plants. Considering the cost in SG how are the extra 2 plants worth it?
Chris_2_4
Chris_2_4

Back to top Go down

Post by LDCrow Wed Nov 30 2016, 04:50

I'm sure 12 could it explain it better and I could be wrong about this.  I believe this is all about preparing prior to the start of the event using "refined" carnations.  I don't think 12 is suggesting using CF's for the event plant itself to increase drops.

I'm not sure that would work most people use CF's in an event when they are short on time and can only harvest one or two times a day.
LDCrow
LDCrow

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetsparkle Wed Nov 30 2016, 06:09

Like LDcrow said I too think 12 was talking about the preparation part before the event sets in.CF s help when you are not able play frequently in a day.no worries of weeds too.otherwise it is a very costly affair with all the SGs.mot worth on the quantity of evenrt crops.
sweetsparkle
sweetsparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishamala Wed Nov 30 2016, 10:18

If I understand correctly, the emphasis is on refined. Different crops have different refinements available, and it just so happens that carnations (as well as roses) have a few that, together, shorten the growing time considerably.

Back when roses were my longest crop, I kept using them to boost drops, and had many. Reading up on strategy I came across this advice and tried the plant refinery (greenhouse). Eventually I managed to get the refinements I wanted (reduced growing time, increased SG, poo and water effectiveness). A comfort field of roses is now ready overnight, so that's what I use when I'm low on drops. If I'm in a hurry a regular field of roses is ready in just under 2 hours.

I would definitely recommend this strategy, as it has helped immensely! I am currently working on refining carnations. NodYes
Mishamala
Mishamala

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Wed Nov 30 2016, 14:53

I was wondering- Has anyone ever tried growing carnations for 3 days for drops and THEN going for the crops after everyone else is done and Manure is back for sale in the market?
I was thinking about trying that strategy once just to see if it would work.
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Wed Nov 30 2016, 14:56

I am currently using 1 x 1's but I must admit that I totally forgot to use suzy's this time when I had my comfort fields out.  taptap
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Wed Nov 30 2016, 15:23

I always want to get the event done as soon as I can.  One never knows when RL will throw a curve like the time I couldn't log on through my third party for 7 days.  (Or computer/internet crashes   pc problems   ZAP , family calls.)  So no, I've never tried to wait.  But then, I rarely ever take my pinks/neons off my Magical Glade or trees around edges of all fields so drops are not usually a problem.
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top