"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy - Page 5 Empty Re: "Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Post by 12ss12 Wed Nov 30 2016, 16:14

cylentlea123 wrote:I was wondering- Has anyone ever tried growing carnations for 3 days for drops and THEN going for the crops after everyone else is done and Manure is back for sale in the market?
I was thinking about trying that strategy once just to see if it would work.

farmer_broke does that. You can ask him about that. He has a term for it.
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy - Page 5 Empty Re: "Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Post by 12ss12 Wed Nov 30 2016, 16:31

Chris_2_4 wrote:
illy1996 wrote:
12ss12 wrote: ... Steadily converting my fields to refined carnation with comfort fields, water and manure for drops.

Oops2 head bang cry 3

I was really well prepared for the last event with my Comfort Fields growing naturally without need of assistance 
Can you explain this to me - in the last event when I moaned to a neighbour about drops, she said I should use comfort fields and SG - I did and still failed to complete it. But my question is about their use. I just noticed that they take 3 seeds! I have CAC on at the mo and a CF provides 17 plants, and you have to use SG to get anything within the day. So, 17 plants, less the 3 it took to seed is a profit of 14. 1x1 plots take 1 seed and provide 16 plants - a profit of 12 plants. Considering the cost in SG how are the extra 2 plants worth it?

Hi  Chris !
I usually use comfort fields 2 days before the event to get more amount of drops.  For the event crop it is only 1x1 plots. The first harvest we do after the event is very crucial and important for drops. That is because, after the event starts you concentrate on the event crop. Comfort fields give more amount of drop. Carnation gives the best amount of drops. Because it the longest growing crop with best EP. Therefore it gives more drop.

Carnation in comfort fields take nearly 3 days to grow. But if you get all the carnation refinements, it takes 46 hours or so to grow in comfort fields. For that you have to use water and manure. So putting out comfort fields 48 hours before an event and activating the carnation refinement in the greenhouse and with water and manure, you can get the best amount of drops for an event. For this event I got more than 45 drops from main field using this method. You can afford to waste 2 days before an event for drops. But not during the event. So initial preparation of drops helps you to play the event easy.

I think Mooboy has a thread somewhere here about this.

Also there are other buffs like the crafting products from the Alchemist and also the cloud row of singing flowers which help us to reduce the time to grow flowers. I don't have the cloud row and have not tried out the crafting products. May be I will do it in the next event as a trial.

And another thing if you want have drops within short time and you have super grows. You can use

refinement (carnation / rose)+ White innocence + Fruit Cake + super grow + water + manure + cloud row 

Even if you don't have cloud row or refinement, the other combination works for roses.  Within few hours you can several times harvest roses. Even for comfort fields of roses with super grows + White innocence + Fruit Cake +   water + manure, within 45 mins you can do a harvest giving you lots of drops.

As a trial You can try it out one one comfort field or one ordinary field in your farm. You will know the timings.
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Wed Nov 30 2016, 16:41

I have refined carnations that I can do 'instantly' (cloud row, super grow, white innocence and fruit cake- no water or manure necessary) if needed but since the event crop is too short for overnight, I can plant roses or carnations overnight and generally get a good balance of crops and drops that way.

After Thanksgiving and Harvest Hoedown, my farms were in trees and with illness sweeping through the house, I didn't change them to plan for the event. I got just as many drops from the trees as I could have from comfort fields without tying up my farm for 2 days.

I know there has been discussion about doing as you suggest---growing crops last to take advantage of manure in the market. However, event prices are too rich for me and I only use manure on the start up seeds for 2 rounds for a total of 100 manure. The rest of the time I only use water. I want to get the crops out of the way so I can switch to poop farming and make some nice CC while prices are high. Plenty of time to grow crops without using manure as long as you can log in to harvest without too much idle time.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Wed Nov 30 2016, 17:09

I too tried out trees. But if the event drops are stingy in coming, I find comfort field give good drops. Better than trees. If drops are generous than no problem with trees.  But we do not know what is in store for us before the FAQ announcement.   :)
 And I don't need a harvester for crops.   sun big grin

I did a silly thing. Used all my crops for milling and found I had only less than 40 event crops to sow. But luckily one of my field is full of event crop and so I will harvest it tomorrow morning. No need to build up my stock.  calm The things one has to do.....
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_2_4 Wed Nov 30 2016, 17:59

Thanks for the info ladies and gents. So I am fine with 1x1s - I thought I was missing something.
I gave up trying to get refinements: after sacrificing 10,000 roses and over and over again getting nothing, I decided the  whole thing was a scam to make me waste crops. Perhaps I am just unlucky, like with wonderstables/mysterystable (how many dairy farms can one farmer have!!??)

Thanks all :)
farmer
Chris_2_4
Chris_2_4

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Wed Nov 30 2016, 18:18

12ss12 wrote:

I did a silly thing. Used all my crops for milling and found I had only less than 40 event crops to sow.

That's why I always replant before milling.  (Except when I've got all my event crops grown.)

At least you have another field coming!  red smile
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 Wed Nov 30 2016, 18:32

Yes, that's a comfort.  hmz2

and I did something else. Instead of water I clicked manure and 200 units gone. bemused don't know

frustration RUN   im okay     So I will go to sleep goodnight  and wake up tomorrow much better. Today was one of my bad days.
12ss12
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Wed Nov 30 2016, 18:39

Someday you will look back and laugh (and cry) over this.  thud frustration

from me to you
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Wed Nov 30 2016, 18:42

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you 12 red smile
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooboy Wed Nov 30 2016, 19:15

I have been reading posts about prepare farms for this event. Getting Drops During Event and making best use of Refinements and Comfort Fields.

But from my analyst using Comfort Field of Carnations which 12ss12 has been doing. It is really make a huge Difference of getting more Drops of Thermos Flask, Compared to Field of 1 x 1 Carnation Refinements that only takes about 13 Hours to Grow compared to using Unrefined or Refined Carnations. Takes several days to Harvest. 

It is not ideal when Events are very close together. In My opinion is is Waste of Super Grow on Comfort Fields prior to event starting.

It is much more effective to use Super Grow on Instant Harvest on Refinements of Roses, Organic Cotton, Artichokes, Leeks or Carnations but need to use Super Grow Buff Combo of Fruit Cake, White Innocents, Crop Refinement of SG Love or those who have Harvest Festival 2014 Cloud Row. 

I have done Instant Harvest of These Crop Refinements using SG Buffs can get up to 44 Event Drops in an Instant Harvest using 44 Comfort Fields. It is an added Benefit to use Howie Donuts and other buffs to boost drops of Sugar, Salt Herbal, Wires,Mandrakes. Also get Tool Drops too. All From Instant harvest using Super Grow !! It works Brilliantly. 

These is always handy to make up shortfall of Event Drops. at my Level 97 i now got Rose Bud unlock using Rose Buds to prepare farm for Drops of New Events. As I need Rose Buds for Higher Level Farms to work on !!

i am always working on Refinements but my advise do not work on same refinements. Always come back to it if not getting refinements you are seeking to your kind of Farming Style  hiya

I do not bother with Trees on Main Farm, Green Meadow or Glade as you cannot go beyond 20 Hours Trees Growing Time. Plus cannot use Pineapple Cake on Trees on these Three Fields Either. 

But I instead i plant Trees in Bahamarama and Rain Forest. As they is no Baha Crops longer than 16 Hours they are Honeydew. But we now have a Buff that reduce Baha Trees by 10% growing time Buff i use is vial of growth buff must be eaten before planting Baha Trees. As i like the use of Pineapple Cake too which gives +1 Baha Fruit per Baha Tree too.

Added note if Manure is too Expensive. Instant Harvest of above said Refinement Crops using Super Grow does not need Manure or Water. So Expensive Manure is not to be needed using this method !! Hug
Mooboy
Mooboy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetsparkle Thu Dec 01 2016, 06:04

Hello all..I have never tried plant refinement.In fact some of the areas of farming are left out may be bcos u don't always have those things in mind.these days many things are first times for me.like I always was used to 2x2 fielsds,only during the last few events I tried 1x1s with CACs and it is ctually the right thing to do instead of wasting so much SGs.more cost effective.I u8se only water more of the times and sell the manure in market when prices rise immemsely.[/b]
[b]Drop rate really really bad.may be I should try CFs too.I don't think I will be able to finish the event.
sweetsparkle
sweetsparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Thu Dec 01 2016, 15:55

Before you worry about plant refinements, what level are your trophies at?  Do you have them placed in the LL (Living Legend) rune on the Tree of Wisdom?  If not, that should be your first priority.  If you can't afford the stars to open the LL rune, you should be moving your trophies around on your fields (it is laborious but effective) to maximize drops.  (I'll make sure to write up something in the General Strategy if there isn't already something there.)

I have completed milling and donating backpacks on all farms.  Will now work on crops and drops for the straight donations.  red smile
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Thu Dec 01 2016, 17:31

I have milled backpacks on all farms and have donated them along with donating crops. I should be done with crops tonight and then worry just about drops. Going out of town tomorrow to return on Sunday. I will take hubby's laptop with me but the place we are going has spotty service so not sure how much I can count on being able to log in. Mom said I could call her and she will collect my daily log in and Christmas stocking for me if I needed her to but I doubt she can actively farm her farms and mine to worry about drops. It will be fine.....I'll do what I can and enjoy my anniversary and learn to accept not all events can be finished.
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Thu Dec 01 2016, 18:01

Mooboy wrote:
I do not bother with Trees on Main Farm, Green Meadow or Glade as you cannot go beyond 20 Hours Trees Growing Time. Plus cannot use Pineapple Cake on Trees on these Three Fields Either. 

But I instead i plant Trees in Bahamarama and Rain Forest. 

I guess I don't understand.. bemused   you don't grow apple, cherry or other types of trees because you do not bother to grow them on your main fields???  and why can't you go beyond 20 hours of tree growing time??  farmer

you can't grow apples and cherried in Bahamarama right??  thinking
I guess I simply am not able to understand what you are trying to convey..  thud (maybe you need to pound it in deeper for me)
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetsparkle Thu Dec 01 2016, 18:36

Yes CaliChrome. My trophies are at 10 and 13 %.I have thought of upgrading my trophies with the events getting tougher these days. Thank you for the idea. And I move the trophies between fields. But still drops very bad. I don't see me completing the event.
   Well done ,all those who are almost done with the event!!
sweetsparkle
sweetsparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top