"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy - Page 6 Empty Re: "Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Post by Moraine Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:32

Irsa,I think he meant for preparing for an event. Trees doesn't give off good drop ratio. The longer growth time the more EP, and the drops are somehow tied to EP and ofc my very best friend - random luck.

Yes random luck.. this time it's been teasing and taunting me. I get around 10-15 from Bahama,and 3-5, yes as low as that, on main fields. Amazing, give me hope on first harvest just to let me down again for the next 3 harvests. But I shall do Roses from now on, hopefully random will be a bit higher. And by higher I do mean more drops, not higher let down.
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

"Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy - Page 6 Empty Re: "Winter is Coming" Bingo Event Strategy

Post by Irisa Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:44

Moraine wrote:Irsa,I think he meant for preparing for an event. Trees doesn't give off good drop ratio. The longer growth time the more EP, and the drops are somehow tied to EP and ofc my very best friend - random luck.

But I shall do Roses from now on, hopefully random will be a bit higher. And by higher I do mean more drops, not higher let down.

@Moraine thanks for clarifying for me..  

and as for the "random higher drops"...    :tongue2:  good luck!!   :music2:
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:57

Moraine wrote:the drops are somehow tied to EP 
No, the drop rate is tied to basic growing time (which usually is tied to EP, but not always). 

Comfort fields give approximately twice the drops of normal fields, but take 4 times as long. Comfort fields can be good for starting drops. But during an event normally the only good use of comfort fields for drops, is together with super grow.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by Moraine Thu Dec 01 2016, 22:08

I was sure we tested this back in the old days and found that it was linked more to EP, as roses gave more drops over all than similar growth time. But I shall not be too sure. I also thought that Comfy fields somehow had a different drop formula, but I never liked them so almost all memory of them are wiped away from my memory. If they use 4x the time, they should yield 4 x the drop. I'm almost tempted to put this theory to a statistically test, but I fear it will take far too long to gather enough samples. Need at least 100 harvest of each me thinks.

I see a lot of you use SG on those comfy fields, but as none of my clouds give me SG, this for me is not an option. the little SG I get as reward here and there are saved for special occasions like building up the event stock.

Edit: after some thinking 100 might be a bit much as it can be done with roses and another crop of the same time. Then maybe can cut in half, so 50 samples. And can do 1 fields of each. I know technically one can go lower, but as they have added a lot of randomness in it, I think 50 would be the minimum to have a statistic significantly result.

Edit 2: I checked the FAQ on comfy fields. They take 4x longer, give 2x EP.  I need to stop thinking of this before I start to test it
Moraine
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- Thu Dec 01 2016, 23:08

Time not EP, is what I learned from the long time players. It is also what they say in the German forum where they have also done extensive testing.
-Mir85-
-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by baw815 Fri Dec 02 2016, 00:17

I know from personal experience that time is the factor, not EP.  Roses and red poppies are close to the same time, 10:48 for roses, without water, 10:33 for red poppies, without water.  I consistently get better drops from red poppies than roses.  I get fantastic drops from crop squares with all water refinements than anything else that can grow in approximately 6.5 hours.  I have deleted my refinements so I can use them for later if needed.  Good way to get drops if low on SG or don't want to use what you have.
baw815
baw815

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Fri Dec 02 2016, 01:20

baw815 wrote:I know from personal experience that time is the factor, not EP.   I have deleted my refinements so I can use them for later if needed.  Good way to get drops if low on SG or don't want to use what you have.

@baw815  what do you mean "I have deleted my refinements so I can use them later"?? 
If you deleted them, do they end up in storage or something.
I started doing refinements a while back, but it took so many items, and the results weren't very good for me.  so I stopped doing them.

I was working on wheat because I had more of that.  should I simply work on (refining) roses (or red poppies)??  and I thought once refined, that they were always available..

so many questions.. don't know   scratch head
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by cylentlea123 Fri Dec 02 2016, 01:39

Don't feel bad Irisa, I don't understand refinements either :(
I have them, I just don't understand them LOL
cylentlea123
cylentlea123

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome Fri Dec 02 2016, 01:48

Once you find a refinement, it stays available but not active.  You have four free slots and two BB paid slots where you can place the refinements you wish to be active.  In order to change them, you must delete them from the active list to put a different one in.  However, there is a delay from when you delete to when you can place a new one (24hrs I think) unless you pay to do it immediately (not sure I remember correctly on this one).  Depending on what you want to plant and which refinement you wish to take advantage of, sometimes you want to leave them empty.  For example, we had an event where we needed machine parts so if you had found a higher drop rate for machine parts, you could make it active.
CaliChrome
CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by baw815 Fri Dec 02 2016, 02:09

Thank you CC.  It is a 24 hour delay and it costs 2500 CC's or 8 BB's to delete immediately.  I had active, time reduction on all, first one, my overnight crop currently, onions and hazelnuts and leave one empty so I don't have to wait for it to delete I used carnations for starting crop.  I deleted all those and entered crop square refinements for water time reduction and first time reduction.  Can't remember how long it takes with this combo.  No SG required though.  Mir is the one who posted this originally on the DS.
baw815
baw815

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa Fri Dec 02 2016, 02:11

thank you @CaliChrome  and @baw815 Yup
Irisa
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_2_4 Fri Dec 02 2016, 05:28

12ss12 wrote:Yes, that's a comfort.  hmz2

and I did something else. Instead of water I clicked manure and 200 units gone. bemused don't know

frustration
I have done similar in the past  - when using the harvester I accidentally used all my manure on a field of carrots! And once PF on a field that had a lot of chickens on it! 
cry 2

I have said over and over again; this game needs an "undo" button!
Chris_2_4
Chris_2_4

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp Fri Dec 02 2016, 05:34

MAJOR ouch on PF'n the chickens pc problems lol dang losing money
GuineaUp
GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by baw815 Fri Dec 02 2016, 09:17

Did two harvests so far with my CAC expired.   head bang     whaaa!   Needless to say, I need a few more harvests to get my crops.   taptap    cry 3
baw815
baw815

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies Fri Dec 02 2016, 12:52

Crops finished last night. Used the chestnut cloud row with white innocence and fruit cake for instant carnations to finish the event before leaving for our trip out of town this weekend. Finished event on pnp and put out trees on the other farms. Drops will be what they will be. Good luck! Have a great weekend! See you Sunday! cat cuddle dog lick red smile
puppiesnponies
puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top